PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player looking for 5e game

feomor
August 19th, 2020, 10:07
License Free for now but will be upgrading to Ultimate
Central Time zone USA
available Mon Tues Wed possible Thurs weekly bi weekly tri weekly I just want to play again
Long Term Short term one shot I just want to play again
Voice, video or chat I just want to play again
DnD 5e or AD&D
I played AD&D for 10 years in the 80's both as DM and player currently DM for a 5e Game a couple of months running a weekly game, but I have always preferred playing. No experience with FG
I'm willing to fill any need the party has I want to be familiar with all the various classes, races etc. When I first started playing I would run entire parties because we had one person being DM running a module and one person playing five or six characters. Next time I would run a module and my buddy would play his characters.
I prefer a roll play mix. If you invite me to play be warned I think outside the box and will likely ask you for details you may not have prepared and combine abilities, spells and situations in ways that are not clearly defined in the rules. I need a DM that can think on their feet. As a teen I was a major rules lawyer, but with age I've mellowed and I'm still learning the 5e rules as I go along here, I just had to inform my party that I had been adjudicating a couple things incorrectly and they need to adjust accordingly next session.
When second edition came out the game started dropping in popularity, I moved to small towns and no one was playing, my wife had bought into all the negative PR crap in the 80's so it just all fell by the wayside. Our youngest, 16 expressed interest in DnD and my oldest and her fiance, who live out of state, play a lot of board games and my wife has chilled so I started a 5e game we play over video chat with my three children and my eldest's fiance. Out of the five of us I'm really the only one that can DM, but if you couldn't tell from my earlier responses I really want to play again.