PDA

View Full Version : Map tokens not syncing properly

atlphenom
August 19th, 2020, 03:26
Sometimes while playing we have issues where someone will move a token, and everyone else will see the token in the same place but a green or red indicator for where the token should be will move around the map. The only way to fix this seems to be for individual players to move the token themselves so it will fix on their screen, but for enemies it does not work as players cannot move their tokens. This seems to have gotten worse recently, and playing tonight it happened every time anybody moved a token. We even had everyone disconnect and restarted the game but it did not seem to fix the issue. Is this a bug with the program or something we can fix within our own files?

LordEntrails
August 19th, 2020, 03:37
FGC or FGU? What version/date code?
Any extensions? What ruleset?

It sounds like a bug, but without other reports it's hard to say unless you can give us enough details to reproduce :)

Zacchaeus
August 19th, 2020, 10:16
And how big is the grid on the map (the FG grid that is not any baked in grid).

atlphenom
August 19th, 2020, 21:35
It's FGC, newest version (3.3.11 I think) although it's happened for the past few versions as well. Using the D&D 5e ruleset. It's happened in two different campaigns, both with the PHB and a module loaded onto it.

The maps are fairly large. I don't know off the top of my head, but I'd say at least 100x100 grid size

LordEntrails
August 19th, 2020, 22:22
How may pixels per grid square?
Edit: oh, and how many pixels total on this image? i.e. 2000 x 3000 pixels or?

Zacchaeus
August 19th, 2020, 23:23
What you are describing sounds like a known issue where if the grid size is less than 10px.