PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Actions Tab Additions for 5E Rob2E effects users (paid)

MadNomadGM
August 17th, 2020, 19:48
Extension that will automatically add and categorize all your actions, with applicable effects and such, whenever you level up or add new items or feats/features to your PC. Requires Rob2e effects packages. Check the video to better understand it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG9hF1GCcpU

Can get it here:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/324606/?affiliate_id=2733600

Milmoor
August 25th, 2020, 17:46
Thanks, that’s a real help. Some of my players always forget to use the code version.

JadedWizard
August 15th, 2022, 01:30
I feel like I am missing something here, how do I add effects to items? I saw in your video that you dragged a potion as an example, and that potion had an effect on it. How do the effects get added to the item in the first place to the item has the effect ready to go once it is added to an inventory?

Mad Nomad
August 15th, 2022, 01:59
You need Rob2es effect modules or to create your own effects for every item you want it to work with

JadedWizard
August 16th, 2022, 00:30
Thank you for the quick reply! I saw in your description that effects need to be added, but I am not sure how to add them. Items (without other extensions) don't have anywhere to add effects, right? I saw Rob2e's youtube video about adding effects, and they looked like it created a "spell" for all the items and we would essentially cast the spell to use the item. So does each item need a spell that has the same name as the item the affect will go on to?

ColoradoGM
August 3rd, 2023, 20:20
When I drop a shield (the item) into inventory, the Shield (1st level spell) appears on my actions tab. Is it Automatic Actions that's doing that?

ColoradoGM
August 3rd, 2023, 20:29
If you own any of the Rob2e modules, like "effects coding - class features" or "effects coding - potions", all the work is done for you. When you drop a potion on your inventory tab, this extension grabs the code for that potion (stored in Spells) and puts it on your Actions tab, creating a section called "Potions".

You could do this manually by creating a power group "potions", hit the + to make a custom item, name it "potion of healing", add a Heal effect, define that effect as 2d4+2, for example. After you do this for a few dozen things those modules will look like a real bargain. (Disclaimer: I wrote one of them; if you buy "effects coding module - Tome of Heroes" I make about $5)
Automatic Actions just propagates the appropriate code from the Spells box to your sheet, saving a step.

BaneTBC
August 7th, 2023, 17:01
Most likely you actually have another extension that is conflicting here. I would recommend testing in a clean\new campaign with just MadNomad's Automatic Actions Tab Additions extension loaded and then load the modules once you've launched the session. See if the problem persists then, if it doesn't then it's most likely an extension conflict, if it does, then Mad Nomad can look into it.

I had this problem with another extension that was causing martial classes (fighters, paladins, et al) to get the shield spell effect added even though they did not have the ability to use it to start with. That was corrected by the other extension author, so you might have an older version installed on your computer if you happened to have it as well.