PDA

View Full Version : 5e extension - Combat Stats Tracker

MadNomadGM
August 17th, 2020, 18:22
Just finished a large extension that adds robust stat tracking for the PC, GM and party.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/133/view

Updated to Forge

dmbrown
August 17th, 2020, 19:04
I bought it yesterday! My players loved it though the hits, crits and fumbles are not registering, but I have a lot of extension loaded, so I am sure that it is conflicting with one of them. I’ll have to trouble shoot that as there is one player in the group that seems to always roll bad and this would prove if that was the case.

I did notice that the party sheet was only visible for the DM. Is that by design, did I miss something or maybe that is also a conflict with an extension?

Great work and I look forward to future updates.

MadNomadGM
August 17th, 2020, 19:24
Thanks dmbrown. There is an updated file posting on DMs Guild today that fixes the stats tab of party sheet being hidden on Unity.
We have also found out that an ADV/DSADVG hot key extension seems to cause problems with it. Guessing you may have that? Working on trying to find a way to make them compatible.

MadNomadGM
August 17th, 2020, 19:27
Opps, seems I may have posted this in the wrong thread? Meant to post in Armory - extensions.

Updated: ok nevermind, according to moderators, I guess it is supposed to go here instead...

Dax Doomslayer
August 17th, 2020, 21:14
This has been something I've been waiting for a long time!! Thanks for this.

LordEntrails
August 17th, 2020, 21:30
MOD: Moved per OP request

Trenloe
August 17th, 2020, 21:56
The Armory forums should be for community FG developers wanting to share their work with the FG community. Paid for products (PWYW or otherwise) should be posted in the relevant ruleset forum they apply to, or in the Tavern - with details of what ruleset they are compatible with.

Thanks.

LordEntrails
August 19th, 2020, 00:23
MOD: sorry for all the bouncing around. Seems we now have a dedicated forum in the Workshop for paid creations.

dmbrown
August 21st, 2020, 04:02
I downloaded the new version and that fixed the combat tab not showing for the players. I am still investing why the hits, misses, crits and fumbles won’t show for players, but will if I roll from their character sheets.

dmbrown
August 28th, 2020, 03:02
I've turned off all my extensions except yours and I am getting the messages below in my console window. I've seen this one I first added a character to the party sheet and then when ever there was a roll for the character.

Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.hits)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.hits)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.damage)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.crits)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.misses)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.healing)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.kos)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.kills)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.bigFoeName)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.bigFoeCR)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.fumbles)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.biggestDamage)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.damageReceived)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (partysheet.partyinformation.id-00008.healingReceived)
Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps.lua"]:92: attempt to index local 'nodeField' (a nil value)

MadNomadGM
August 28th, 2020, 05:01
Hmmm. That's a new one. Not sure what is causing that. Is that on Unity?
I am deploying a new version this Saturday that will surely address this though. Sorry for the inconvenience.

dmbrown
August 28th, 2020, 14:07
It is in Classic. I'll give the update a try on the weekend and let you know.

I don't know if it is possible but it would be nice if there was a way to have the total of the different fields and one for just the current session, so players could see how bad or good they're rolling for that session.

dmbrown
August 30th, 2020, 20:28
Thanks for the update it fixed my problem.

dmbrown
August 30th, 2020, 23:22
I also found that it conflicted with the LAE-ExpandedOptions extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47946-LAE-ExpandedOptions-v1-1-for-5E

MadNomadGM
September 2nd, 2020, 17:21
Major update...
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/324470/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Party-Combat-Stats?affiliate_id=2733600

- Added Stats for the current session in addition to the campaign. Session stats reset each session.
- Added stats for the GM
Bug fixes
- In fixing the issue with the NPC Health Offsetting, introduced a bg for Variable NPC health setting. But both are resolved now.
- Fixed Adventure log bug
- Should resolve errors from people not first placing PCs in Party sheet
- Further cross extension support

dmbrown
September 2nd, 2020, 17:59
Awesome! I’ll try it out in my game tomorrow. Thanks for all these updates.

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2020, 17:41
Tried this for the first time last night. Love it! Not only do the players like looking on their sheet to see their own stats, but the comparative stats on the Party Sheet is really cool. And then the chat messages when you set new records is brilliant. Very enjoyable and will be loads of fun to see them come up as we face harder and harder enemies.

Well done!

arkanis
October 16th, 2020, 13:07
Do you know if it's compatible with "Constitutinal amendments extension" by MeandUnique?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments

Thank you!

MadNomadGM
October 16th, 2020, 15:46
Do you know if it's compatible with "Constitutinal amendments extension" by MeandUnique?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments

Thank you!

I have't tested in detail , but pretty confident it is. Some of my othe ones have not been, but this stats one doesnt interfere with it.

arkanis
October 17th, 2020, 00:22
My bad, wrong thread!. It was my intent to ask about the "Character Sheet Effects Display" and "Constitutional amendments" interaction, because it seems both of them use a similar way of tracking HP. I like the highlighting feature of Mad Nomad's extension, but the the draining HP effects of the other extension are pretty cool, and It would be a pity to let it go.

Thanks

MadNomadGM
November 1st, 2020, 15:46
v3 was just released a couple days ago. If you haven't seen this exstention since it first came out, check out this new video showing its current state.
https://youtu.be/C--8jrdKLjc

DM_BK
January 25th, 2021, 16:51
This extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56194-Extension-Ongoing-temporary-hitpoints
Is causing this error in FGU (when an NPC damages a PC):
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_stats_MNM.lua"]:848: bad argument #3 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)

It would be super cool if that wasn't happening. Though I understand, you can't make all your extensions compatible with every ext out there in the wild.

One feature I wouldn't mind seeing, is an option to turn off NPC data collection. I assume that's going into dm.xml which is likely eventually going to cause some additional growth into the file... I dunno how much but I really personally don't care about the NPC stats.

Thanks! Love this extension!

Klandare
January 25th, 2021, 20:27
This extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56194-Extension-Ongoing-temporary-hitpoints
Is causing this error in FGU (when an NPC damages a PC):
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_stats_MNM.lua"]:848: bad argument #3 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)

It would be super cool if that wasn't happening. Though I understand, you can't make all your extensions compatible with every ext out there in the wild.

One feature I wouldn't mind seeing, is an option to turn off NPC data collection. I assume that's going into dm.xml which is likely eventually going to cause some additional growth into the file... I dunno how much but I really personally don't care about the NPC stats.

Thanks! Love this extension!

I don't have that other extension but am also hitting that error (thanks for identifying which of my extensions was causing it). I am wondering if this needs have a different load order value.

SilentRuin
January 26th, 2021, 16:29
I don't have that other extension but am also hitting that error (thanks for identifying which of my extensions was causing it). I am wondering if this needs have a different load order value.

This was not just "an extension". The code was doing a DB.getValue without providing a default - which means it would return nil if it could not find the nodePC "name", causing the third argument of the message routine to fail. Defensive programming for unknown situations and timing issues (which do happen in FGU) should be that you never depend on something coming back with a value. You can fix your own version (as I've had to rewrite it to allow my own extension to be able to take advantage of stats) by simply providing the "" 3rd argument to DB.getValue so it returns a blank instead of nil if nothing is there. You'll get a message with no name in the text but its better than blowing up on you.

Klandare
January 26th, 2021, 17:22
This was not just "an extension". The code was doing a DB.getValue without providing a default - which means it would return nil if it could not find the nodePC "name", causing the third argument of the message routine to fail. Defensive programming for unknown situations and timing issues (which do happen in FGU) should be that you never depend on something coming back with a value. You can fix your own version (as I've had to rewrite it to allow my own extension to be able to take advantage of stats) by simply providing the "" 3rd argument to DB.getValue so it returns a blank instead of nil if nothing is there. You'll get a message with no name in the text but its better than blowing up on you.

Which file inside the extension is the issue? And are you saying just look for the 3rd listing of DB.getValue and where it currently is likely "" then put something like " " ?

SilentRuin
January 26th, 2021, 17:29
Which file inside the extension is the issue? And are you saying just look for the 3rd listing of DB.getValue and where it currently is likely "" then put something like " " ?

I'm not sure what your asking here. Are you saying you don't have the log referenced earlier?

I mean that is the file. That is the exact line number in the file. I admit I fixed all the missing 3rd arguements of DB.getValue for "name" in that file so that when they built their respective messages they could never blow up on me. For example...

local messageText=string.gsub(DB.getValue(nodeMsg,"bestDmgMsg"),"NAME",DB.getValue(nodePC,"name", ""));

It will not fix the issue - but I'm lazy - this will insure it does not blow up. As this error seems to only happen for me when some existing resource is missing or lost (like a module not loaded or no longer present in campaign DB).

A cleaner fix would be to never even show/build the message if the name was not available, but like I said, I'm lazy.

Klandare
January 26th, 2021, 17:54
I'm not sure what your asking here. Are you saying you don't have the log referenced earlier?

I mean that is the file. That is the exact line number in the file. I admit I fixed all the missing 3rd arguements of DB.getValue for "name" in that file so that when they built their respective messages they could never blow up on me. For example...

local messageText=string.gsub(DB.getValue(nodeMsg,"bestDmgMsg"),"NAME",DB.getValue(nodePC,"name", ""));

It will not fix the issue - but I'm lazy - this will insure it does not blow up. As this error seems to only happen for me when some existing resource is missing or lost (like a module not loaded or no longer present in campaign DB).

A cleaner fix would be to never even show/build the message if the name was not available, but like I said, I'm lazy.

ok makes sense to me now. will teach me to start doing replies without enough coffee in me.

thanks for the help

Atracious
November 8th, 2021, 03:26
Is there a way to reset the stats? did a session 0 one-shot and then some fiddling afterwards, and want a clean slate. Or if I can remove NPC's entries from the party sheet list maybe?

Mad Nomad
November 8th, 2021, 14:31
Is there a way to reset the stats? did a session 0 one-shot and then some fiddling afterwards, and want a clean slate. Or if I can remove NPC's entries from the party sheet list maybe?

There is an unlock button and after clicking that the GM can manually override any stat. Also if you right click on any noc row you can delete that row.
If you are using latest version anyway.

The Decepticon
March 20th, 2022, 00:19
Hi, I am getting the following error when loading this extension. Not game breaking by any means but it is there.

Steenkin Badges
March 21st, 2022, 08:53
Hi, I am getting the following error when loading this extension. Not game breaking by any means but it is there.

I'm getting the same error, since the most recent update to the xtension.

jptheronmd
March 21st, 2022, 10:41
Hello MNM. Thanks for the awesome mods. I own them all. Just a couple of questions.

1. I use Grim Press Automatic Effects instead of Rob2e coded effects. Does that mean I do not need to use MNMs Automatic Actions? (Note I am also using SilentRuin's Equipped Effects to add item effects).

2. I accidentally deleted my Party Stats ext file from the FG ext directory. I have tried turning off in forge, updating in the update manager, turn on inforge, and updating again but it does not seem to redownload the file?

Thanks if you can help. JP.

jonesdaadi
May 15th, 2022, 21:43
Hey Mad Nomad, having an issue with your combat stats extension where it is conflicting somewhat with Bayne Bag of Holding for 5E.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/626/view

it all seems to work fine on the GM side of things, both your combat stats tab and the bag of holding tab are both visible and usable. But on the player side of things, the combat stats page is hidden on the party sheet when this other extension is enabled. I have reached out to the creator of the other extension, and they suggested i contact you about it. they said they were unable to get a message to you in order to work out this conflict. Hopefully the two of you can get together and figure out the problem. Thanks for the killer extension, my metagaming players love stats like this.

Mad Nomad
May 16th, 2022, 22:41
Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if there is an easy fix I can deploy. Best method is to message me on my discord linked from all my extensions because the forums inbox gets filled up and is generally harder to stay on top of.

StarDrifter
August 2nd, 2023, 04:15
Is there any way to track temporary hp as healing/ damage taken?