PDA

View Full Version : Unable to use map toolbar because character portraits are covering up the buttons.

Faolan the Azure Abjurer
August 18th, 2020, 19:46
I have this issue where there are so many character portraits in the upper-left of the UI (party members having animal companions, cohorts, familiars, etc.) that I can't click on anything on the map toolbar (i.e. Target Friendly Units, Target Enemy Units).

The map toolbar only shows up when the map is maximized to full-screen (clicking on the arrow pointing to the upper-right once), which causes character portraits to overlap the map, and consequently, the toolbar.

This issue basically makes the toolbar completely useless with any party larger than 4 members.

/scaleui doesn't fix the issue, just making everything smaller, so the map toolbar is still overlapped by the character portraits.

Nylanfs
August 18th, 2020, 20:30
FGC, or FGU?

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2020, 20:38
This has been discussed before. It annoys me too.

I believe it happens in both FGC and FGU when you have more than about 5 PC's. You can still access the mask and other commands from the right mouse menu.

I think the devs know about it. Not 100% on that.

Faolan the Azure Abjurer
August 19th, 2020, 03:18
I'm using the non-Unity version.

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2020, 03:58
I have this issue where there are so many character portraits in the upper-left of the UI (party members having animal companions, cohorts, familiars, etc.) that I can't click on anything on the map toolbar (i.e. Target Friendly Units, Target Enemy Units).

The map toolbar only shows up when the map is maximized to full-screen (clicking on the arrow pointing to the upper-right once), which causes character portraits to overlap the map, and consequently, the toolbar.

This issue basically makes the toolbar completely useless with any party larger than 4 members.

/scaleui doesn't fix the issue, just making everything smaller, so the map toolbar is still overlapped by the character portraits.

There is a new button for the toolbar next to the lock button :) I never play in full-screen but I always use the toolbar, so, there is no need to be in full-screen to use the toolbar, or what do you mean? :) (see the image; hence you can put the image below the portraits to avoid the overlap)
But be aware of that there is an update bug related to the toolbar: Sometimes you need to reshare the image or enter and exit the full-screen to make the target buttons show up :) The bug didn't get fixed at the moment as far as I know

(see here for the bug: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54178-Very-small-bug-Targeting-buttons-sometimes-missing-in-toolbar )

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38676&stc=1&d=1597892645

Faolan the Azure Abjurer
August 24th, 2020, 21:35
Okay. Here's basically what I'm seeing which is the issue at hand from a Final Fantasy d20 game I played today. There are buttons at the top-left of the map being covered by portrait of the character Rynok. In another game, there are even more character portraits, when there is a player with a familiar, a player with an animal companion, and my character who has a cohort.

Nylanfs
August 24th, 2020, 21:38
Make the cohort and familiars as NPC's and drag to the corresponding PC's portrait. That will help some.

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2020, 04:34
Okay. Here's basically what I'm seeing which is the issue at hand from a Final Fantasy d20 game I played today. There are buttons at the top-left of the map being covered by portrait of the character Rynok. In another game, there are even more character portraits, when there is a player with a familiar, a player with an animal companion, and my character who has a cohort.

Did you read my answer? Are you a DM or a player? When you are a player, then you need to ask your DM that they open the toolbar (with the button next to the lock sign of the image, that button only appears when the image is not in the background).

When the toolbar is opened, then you all have the buttons of the toolbar even when the map is not in the background which gives you then the opportunity to adjust the size of the image while keeping these buttons :) (see my screenshot of my last answer: The image is not in the background but the toolbar is there)

Faolan the Azure Abjurer
August 28th, 2020, 00:33
I'm a player. I just checked a map on one of the games I had where I was GM and located the button next to the lock that you mentioned. I'll mention this to the GM. Very good information to know.

Kelrugem
August 28th, 2020, 07:40
I'm a player. I just checked a map on one of the games I had where I was GM and located the button next to the lock that you mentioned. I'll mention this to the GM. Very good information to know.

Cool :) Just beware of someone synchronization issues mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54178-Very-small-bug-Targeting-buttons-sometimes-missing-in-toolbar

For me as a DM it works when I make sure that the targetting button is in the toolbar before I share the image with the players :) Otherwise I may need to reshare or I need to force an update of the toolbar (like putting it into the background and then back into normal mode) :) So, I just want to say that the targetting buttons sometimes do not appear immediately :)