PDA

View Full Version : From One DM to Another - Would you be willing to teach an old dog new tricks?

Truthster013
August 18th, 2020, 17:02
Taking a shot in the dark here. I haven't run a game in 5th edition and have never used Fantasy Grounds before. I've got a steep learning curve ahead just boning up on the rules much less learning how to use FG interface for maps, tracking, etc. I was curious if there were any kind hearted DM's out there who would be willing teach an old dog how to run his first adventure in fantasy grounds. I'm struggling with understanding maps a bit and how to use the map layers effectively and take advantage of the new LOS stuff. I see videos showing of how cool it looks but nothing actually TEACHING me how to do it. I would love some hands on from an experienced DM willing to get in discord or something with me and show me the ropes or at least point me to the best teaching videos you have seen to demonstrate how to set up maps, layers, how to know for sure what your players can and can't see, etc. I'm on the west coast of the US and available most evenings to chat online for a live teaching (except tonight which I have a rare appointment tonight). If you are interested in helping I'd really appreciate it as I have so much to learn in the next few weeks.

Granamere
August 18th, 2020, 17:09
I would be glad to I am using FGC though and have not moved to Unity which has LOS.

There is also
https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

Where you can sign up for a class and get the pros to teach you for free.

Truthster013
August 18th, 2020, 17:21
Thank you. I'm not sure what all the differences are between FGC and Unity but I assume a lot will be the same. If you are willing to help, I'll take you up on the offer. I'll also look into the classes you speak off and see what that's about. If you find it easier to communicate through email, texting, or discord, let me know what you prefer and we can exchange information.

Granamere
August 18th, 2020, 17:33
OK I sent you a private message with Discord info. I am East coast based and pretty open to help.