PDA

View Full Version : Modifiers button need some refresher on how to use.

Larsenex
August 18th, 2020, 14:17
Team and Trenloe,

There have been a few times where I have not been able to figure out how to apply some modifiers. I got how to use MAP, but some such as cover I cant seem to figure out the order or process to use the buttons. Let me explain by example.

The modifiers box has the three degrees of cover and also concealed and hidden. I have tried to 'drag' the button on top of the desired token in the combat tracker. This does not appear to work. Do i need to click on the token on the map or CT and than hit that button?

Example:
My orc runs behind a rock and he now has lesser cover. How can I apply that to my orc? The next round he takes the action 'take cover' and now has greater cover again how would I be able to apply this to my orc so players have to account for it?

I think the effects tab has buttons which I can drag and drop but the effect is applied from the token who's turn it currently is on the CT. How can I change who applied a condition/effect?

In unity (where I am working most right now) I see a new button (afflictions) at top. Love it thanks Trenloe, I assume this will be for later use?

I want to put an effect on an NPC (Bob the wandering salesman), I want him to be unfriendly (at first) and also in lesser cover. How as the GM can I apply these to that NPC even if its not the NPC's turn and I dont want it applied from the player whose turn it currently is.

I am also going to be adding some house rules which require me to add 'fatigued1' as a condition which stays unless they players took a 30 min rest. Would I need to keep 'reapplying' it?

Thanks for reading my rambling post.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2020, 14:21
The modifier buttons apply that modifier to the next roll made. There are two sections in the modifier window - attack and damage, and the buttons in each of those sections apply to the relevant roll made. These are not effects and can't be applied to any actor in the combat tracker - if you want to apply a condition to a specific creature, use effects. Open the effect window from the top right of the desktop and drag that effect to the relevant target, or add the effect direct to the actor in the CT (type it in), or apply it from a PC/NPC "spell" action, or the new NPC ability automation.

Larsenex
August 18th, 2020, 15:00
Ok so if the player is attacking the orc who is behind cover I need to tell the player to hit the 'lesser' cover button prior to rolling for his 'to hit' attack. Is this correct?

Trenloe
August 18th, 2020, 16:02
Ok so if the player is attacking the orc who is behind cover I need to tell the player to hit the 'lesser' cover button prior to rolling for his 'to hit' attack. Is this correct?
If you're planning on using the modifier buttons, yes. But each attacker will need to do this before they roll each attack.

Or, the GM or the player, could apply the LCOVER effect to the orc in the CT. This will then apply for all attacks against that orc until it's removed. See the Modifiers effects here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/372244481/PFRPG2+Effects#Modifiers