PDA

View Full Version : FG II ruleset tweak from the d20 original...

Zakarius
April 28th, 2007, 15:18
Can someone give a step-by-step on how to get started making a new ruleset from the d20 original? Unlike FG I which had all of the necessary folders right there, FG II has nothing. I tried the 'd20unpak', copied the rulesets file from the examples folder into the FG II main folder, made a duplicate of the 'd20' ruleset folder and renamed it and no luck. I'm guessing the .xml files' <include> tags need to reflect the location of the new files... Doesn't seem to be working :confused:

Zakarius

Cantstanzya
April 28th, 2007, 15:23
This has been covered in several other posts. They changed the location of the files to be compatible with vista. Do a search of the forums and you should have no problem finding the information.

Zakarius
April 28th, 2007, 15:29
This has been covered in several other posts. They changed the location of the files to be compatible with vista. Do a search of the forums and you should have no problem finding the information.

I only made my post after searching and sifting through posts with a similar topic which seem to skip the part of where the original files are in the first place. (I'm guessing that earlier versions of FG II had the folders IN PLACE.) An admin should make a sticky with a brief step-by-step on how to go about copying the d20 ruleset so people can more easily go about making minor (or major) modifications.

Zakarius

Cantstanzya
April 28th, 2007, 15:42
I just did a search on d20unpak and it led me to this post and one other.... this post (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6035&highlight=d20unpak)
I'm not trying to ride you about doing a search, but I've spent more time reading the post in the forums over the past week than I have been playing with the new FG. There are an overwhelming amount of posts and many asking the same thing, which makes finding what you are looking for well, overwhelming. I can't imagine what the developers are going through having to read all of these posts and work on fixing the bugs.

Zakarius
April 28th, 2007, 15:58
I just did a search on d20unpak and it led me to this post and one other.... this post (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6035&highlight=d20unpak)
I'm not trying to ride you about doing a search, but I've spent more time reading the post in the forums over the past week than I have been playing with the new FG. There are an overwhelming amount of posts and many asking the same thing, which makes finding what you are looking for well, overwhelming. I can't imagine what the developers are going through having to read all of these posts and work on fixing the bugs.

Thanks for the link... I'll give it a whirl. As for your latter comment, this is EXACTLY why the devs should make a sticky with these kinds of FAQs.

Zakarius

Cantstanzya
April 28th, 2007, 16:18
Thanks for the link... I'll give it a whirl. As for your latter comment, this is EXACTLY why the devs should make a sticky with these kinds of FAQs.

ZakariusI agree. Or a FG2 read this before you post sticky.