PDA

View Full Version : Polymorphism Extension (.ext file) [Fantasy Grounds Unity 5E ruleset]

Pages : 1 [2]

SilentRuin
December 17th, 2021, 21:48
V1.31 - Bug - Recent changes to preserve graphics targeting caused console errors and polymorphism to fail when targeting self or having someone target them when polymorph of self. Fixed.

This was a serious bug that caused console errors when polymorphing one's self or having someone else targeting a token undergoing polymorph. This was a result of me trying to fix graphical targeting info on tokens that were not being updated in previous recent versions. It would try to read nodes that were targeted but had already been polymorphed (different node now) before it was actually updated in sources. In any case, hopefully this fixes it.

Cruise105
December 22nd, 2021, 17:28
Polymorphism just stopped. It was working fine about two weeks ago, but it doesn't work anymore.

I tried giving a PC the Polymorph spell ... nothing. I tried closing the character sheet, then reopening ... nothing. I put them on the combat tracker to see if that had anything to do with it ... nothing. I even tried disabling the extension and restarting it ... nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Leprekorn
December 22nd, 2021, 17:49
Are you running any other exts?

Cruise105
December 22nd, 2021, 17:58
I'm running 5e-CoinWeight; 5e Death Indicators; 5e Rob2e-NextLevelXPAutomation; and 5e Theogeek'sImprovedCritical;

But I have been running with these same exts for months. This only started after the last major update to FGU, but I still wasn't sure if it was something I did or just caused by the update.

When I load up my campaign it shows ... 'Polymorphism v1.23'. This is after multiple attempts to update to the newest v1.31.

Leprekorn
December 22nd, 2021, 18:00
I would disable all the other ext 1st to make sure it's a polymorphism issue.

Leprekorn
December 22nd, 2021, 18:01
Also what version are running?

Leprekorn
December 22nd, 2021, 19:19
Did you get it via the forge or DMsGuild?

SilentRuin
December 22nd, 2021, 21:38
'Polymorphism v1.23'. This is after multiple attempts to update to the newest v1.31.

That is no where near the correct .ext version.

I know FGU has problems with people directly messing with some of their subdirectories expanding out code in them (suicidal) where FGU will then take that version over anything else in the directory. Make sure your not crazy doing that. Otherwise, you need to find out why you don't have the correct version. That would also imply you have more wrong going on than this also.

The following is for any extension not just this one:
Also, I've heard of people doing Bulk Loads out of DMsG which does not work all the time. Make sure you are going into your Library and pick the updated tab and choose download on the individual products to update (move old one someplace else to make sure you don't have it there - and make sure when you come up in FGU it does not show that .ext as an option - otherwise your not even in the correct delivery directory). If you have the Forge button then just hit the Update button to make sure (won't be red for extension updates FYI).

Cruise105
December 23rd, 2021, 00:25
I am subscribed in the Forge, and can't see where to download the extension from the forge. Perhaps I will try moving the .ext out of my extensions folder and trying an update from that. I don't mess with any folders other than the images and portraits folders. Perhaps I'm just stupid and don't know what I'm doing.

Leprekorn
December 23rd, 2021, 07:41
The process you have described is exactly what I would do. In fact if I'm having ext issues. I rename my current ext file to extensions _old and create a new folder called extensions. Run a fantasy grounds update and then see if that sorts it. Once you are happy that the ext is up to date. Compare the 2 folders and copy across any exts that are missing if you still want them.

SilentRuin
December 29th, 2021, 00:03
V1.32 - Bug - resolveActor no longer gives back .sType in its structure after latest FGU update. Changed my code to find the windowclass name a different way in ReplaceWindow and double click operations. Fixed.

Latest FGU update just changed low level functionality I used to decide what windowclass to bring up and no longer returns a value I needed. Rewrote code to not use that way of determining "charsheet" or "npc" windowclass name.

Jesse0317
December 29th, 2021, 17:26
I am subscribed in the Forge, and can't see where to download the extension from the forge. Perhaps I will try moving the .ext out of my extensions folder and trying an update from that. I don't mess with any folders other than the images and portraits folders. Perhaps I'm just stupid and don't know what I'm doing.

Cruise105 you are not stupid, when you get stuff from the Forge, such as extension they will download automatically when you update your copy of FGU. Normally before the Forge you would have had to add them manually to your FGU's extensions, Modules etc, folder. Hope that helps.

SilentRuin
December 29th, 2021, 17:58
Cruise105 you are not stupid, when you get stuff from the Forge, such as extension they will download automatically when you update your copy of FGU. Normally before the Forge you would have had to add them manually to your FGU's extensions, Modules etc., folder. Hope that helps.

Note Forge downloads can be DATA (unencrypted and you can see the files in your directories) or VAULT (encrypted and you will never see them or access them). All my deliveries are DATA so that people can unzip and look at the code or do things to it for their own personal use or see how things I do are done. Just FYI.

ghen
January 22nd, 2022, 13:47
my DMsGuild review, reposting here since its no longer on DMsGuild:

I have purchased and tried EVERY available extension or module that is even close to helping solve the problem of druid wildshapes and other shapeshifting. This is the only app that not only does it all, but does it so cleanly. You can set it to either follow the rules as written or just turn that part off and let anything shift into anything whenever they want. That second part helps with all my homebrew!

Heck, I use this for disguises too. If some NPC is wearing a disguise that could be revealed, I just copy the NPC sheet, create the 'disguise' token/name, and make the original a shapeshifter lol.

I have also edited this author's other extension named 'Generic Actions' and I am very impressed by the cleanliness of their code. If you want to make sure something will always work correctly, make sure its done right the first time. Don't settle for bad code!

LeoKeros
February 4th, 2022, 13:07
I'm going to start using a 3rd party product for 5e called "Level Up: Advanced 5e". Problem is, it changes the specifics of wild shape. How easy would it be to replace the Wildshape portion of the code from a "plugin" extension? (As the other two options, SilentRuin making the change and keeping it updated alongside the normal version or changing it myself and making the changes again whenever I download a new update, are both... subpar in some way.)

I can provide the breakdown of how the Wildshape ability differs in A5e if desired.

SilentRuin
February 4th, 2022, 13:48
I'm going to start using a 3rd party product for 5e called "Level Up: Advanced 5e". Problem is, it changes the specifics of wild shape. How easy would it be to replace the Wildshape portion of the code from a "plugin" extension? (As the other two options, SilentRuin making the change and keeping it updated alongside the normal version or changing it myself and making the changes again whenever I download a new update, are both... subpar in some way.)

I can provide the breakdown of how the Wildshape ability differs in A5e if desired.
You would need to do this for yourself and assume the risk of keeping it up to date and working.

MrDDT
February 4th, 2022, 21:08

Couldn't you make a secondary ext that loads after this with the changes you want?

LeoKeros
February 5th, 2022, 17:20
Couldn't you make a secondary ext that loads after this with the changes you want?

That's what I was thinking, but I don't know how this would work; I'm not big on LUA. If it works at all like C++, though, I could replace a function's behaviour with my own code. Unless SilentRuin split the stuff for wildshape into functions, this would require overriding the entire PolymorphActivated function, as well as a few other functions, just to affect wildshape only. It would be no different, really, than making direct code changes to the extension and trying to maintain them with each update..

Would putting the Wild Shape stuff into functions be an acceptable request, SilentRuin? Something along the lines of function WildshapeActivated, WildshapeVerified (Would be called at what is currently line 4266) etc.
Or if I was to extract these behaviours into functions for you and upload it here, could you check it and take it on? This extension is amazing, literally my only issue (And one shared by some others, I imagine) is when homebrew changes the conditions of one of the transformations (Polymorph, wildshape etc).

Edit: Paid extension, so not uploading here. DMs, perhaps?

SilentRuin
February 5th, 2022, 19:21
That's what I was thinking, but I don't know how this would work; I'm not big on LUA. If it works at all like C++, though, I could replace a function's behaviour with my own code. Unless SilentRuin split the stuff for wildshape into functions, this would require overriding the entire PolymorphActivated function, as well as a few other functions, just to affect wildshape only. It would be no different, really, than making direct code changes to the extension and trying to maintain them with each update..

Would putting the Wild Shape stuff into functions be an acceptable request, SilentRuin? Something along the lines of function WildshapeActivated, WildshapeVerified (Would be called at what is currently line 4266) etc.
Or if I was to extract these behaviours into functions for you and upload it here, could you check it and take it on? This extension is amazing, literally my only issue (And one shared by some others, I imagine) is when homebrew changes the conditions of one of the transformations (Polymorph, wildshape etc).

Edit: Paid extension, so not uploading here. DMs, perhaps?

Poly is stable as it is and I have no intention of changing it for now. You can, as someone suggested, simply make the changes in a personal copy after every download - or break out your own extension which overrides the parts of the code you want to change (even if they are great blocks of the code - as I don't plan on changing much while its stable). Gist is, I have no desire to take on anything that I don't actively use myself. But nothing stops you from doing what you want to do - I'm just not interested in doing it or supporting it myself.

niklaus71
February 11th, 2022, 15:09
Hello, may I ask if it would be possible include Duergar Enlarge trait to this great extension?

Thanks alot!!

Leprekorn
February 11th, 2022, 18:24
I think you could achieve that through size matters ext
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/455/view

MrDDT
February 11th, 2022, 18:27
Hello, may I ask if it would be possible include Duergar Enlarge trait to this great extension?

Thanks alot!!

This trait doesn't follow the Polymorph or Wild Shape rules. As posted above that ext really pretty much handles what you need.

niklaus71
February 13th, 2022, 19:27
I think you could achieve that through size matters ext
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/455/view

thanks that's perfect!

Leprekorn
February 14th, 2022, 08:31
thanks that's perfect!

No problem

Vam
February 20th, 2022, 20:53
I just bought this, and it looks amazing. Thank you SilentRuin! I'm sure it'll add a lot to our campaign.

I am getting an error when I end concentration on a polymorph.

[2/20/2022 2:44:16 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:98: attempt to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

I tried this with two different PCs and two different NPC types (a Giant Ape and a Hawk). I only tried it as the GM not as a player. Probably either due to a recent update or because I'm new with the extension and I'm doing something wrong. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again for this incredible extension!

SilentRuin
February 20th, 2022, 22:21
I just bought this, and it looks amazing. Thank you SilentRuin! I'm sure it'll add a lot to our campaign.

I am getting an error when I end concentration on a polymorph.

[2/20/2022 2:44:16 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:98: attempt to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

I tried this with two different PCs and two different NPC types (a Giant Ape and a Hawk). I only tried it as the GM not as a player. Probably either due to a recent update or because I'm new with the extension and I'm doing something wrong. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again for this incredible extension!

I have no issues with this. Probably you have a conflict with another extension - turn off all other extensions except this one and try again. There was also an option added at one point to turn off spell casting concentration behavior that someone needed at some point.

Gist is I have no reports of this happening for anyone else so assume an unknown conflict as that line of code is in CoreRPG ruleset and is for custom defined logic (I don't do anything with this part of the code)...

if fCustomDelete(nodeEffectList.getParent()) then

So you'll have to figure out which extension your using that is messing with that and turn it off or turn my extension off - whichever you feel is more useful to you. Likely something the extension did is having a timing issue (some effect is removed and its not tracking it properly or checking for null).

Vam
February 20th, 2022, 23:54
Thanks for the quick response SilentRuin. I feel pretty stupid for not remembering to check that. Of course you're right - it is a problem with the Aura Effect extension. I was running an old version and hoped that upgrading to the version on Forge would fix it, but no such luck. Oh well, thanks very much for the help!

SilentRuin
February 21st, 2022, 21:18
V1.33 - Conflict - changed FGU routine to allow conflict crash to be avoided.

Tanklin Kregin
February 22nd, 2022, 19:58
Hello SilentRuin
I am running a lot dragons in my current campaign and was wondering if the Change Shape ability is included in Polymorphism ext. The ext. is working on other wildshape, polymorph, ect. It doesn't use the same name as the other abilities.
Change Shape: The dragon magically polymorphs into a humanoid or beast that has a challenge rating no higher than its own, or back into its true form. It reverts to its true form if it dies. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying is absorbed or borne by the new form (the dragon's choice).
In a new form, the dragon retains its alignment, hit points, Hit Dice, ability to speak, proficiencies, Legendary Resistance, lair actions, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as this action. Its statistics and capabilities are otherwise replaced by those of the new form, except any class features or legendary actions of that form.

SilentRuin
February 22nd, 2022, 20:19
Hello SilentRuin
I am running a lot dragons in my current campaign and was wondering if the Change Shape ability is included in Polymorphism ext. The ext. is working on other wildshape, polymorph, ect. It doesn't use the same name as the other abilities.
Change Shape: The dragon magically polymorphs into a humanoid or beast that has a challenge rating no higher than its own, or back into its true form. It reverts to its true form if it dies. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying is absorbed or borne by the new form (the dragon's choice).
In a new form, the dragon retains its alignment, hit points, Hit Dice, ability to speak, proficiencies, Legendary Resistance, lair actions, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as this action. Its statistics and capabilities are otherwise replaced by those of the new form, except any class features or legendary actions of that form.

I'm not sure what you mean. Polymorphism is a tool. It supports a number of standard spell/power/keywords that have their own rules along with some generic keywords like shapechanger and shapeshifter and some options to turn off wildshape checks (makes it generic also). So given that, what are you asking? Are you asking how you can make an NPC support an ability polymorph into something else? If I were doing it I'd use the shapechanger or shapeshifter keywords to allow them to do whatever they needed to do (each has a different death condition you can look it up yourself as I don't remember which does which).

If your asking me something else - I don't know what it is. An NPC that wants to have a different NPC as its polymorph would need to use the power/spell/keyword that did what they wanted to do - or make an NPC specifically that had what they wanted defined. Or some combination. Its a tool to be used as you wish. For sure I won't cover all possibilities or make all possibilities automagical for you. Only the standard ones.

Leprekorn
February 22nd, 2022, 20:55
So you have included other key word shape changing abilities for npcs right? Dragons are a pretty big part of the game and the trait for them is called Change Shape. Can that not be included to trigger the polymorphism selection panel to appear?

SilentRuin
February 22nd, 2022, 21:26
So you have included other key word shape changing abilities for npcs right? Dragons are a pretty big part of the game and the trait for them is called Change Shape. Can that not be included to trigger the polymorphism selection panel to appear?

No plans to add that in. As I said - you use whatever the current spell/power/keywords are available to make what you want done and for really specialized things you make a customized NPC to go with one of those spell/power/keywords.

In no way shape or form do I plan to support individual variations when it can be achieved with the tools provided.

Keep in mind - all my extensions were done to support my active games. I made them as things annoyed me during my own games and put things out that would make my games run smoother. While I'll incorporate ideas that I want for me - I will not simply add in things that others want unless I see something that can't be done any other way and is not a burden on me "doing it".

I don't do alter shape or things like that because its too trivial to just replace the CT token and call it an altered shape until you replace it back when done. I've done curse of strahd bats by simply supporting one of the generic keywords and making a specialized bat for him conforming to those special rules.

Dragons I've done both as special NPC and in my lazier moments simply replaced the token manually and kept their full powers and either limited what I run on them per given rules or whatever.

You can do what you need. I'm not planning on doing anything specialized to handle single cases. And dragons may be common to every campaigns you run - but in my world? They are rare. So is treasure. I'm not a big fan of everything is a dragon and every encounter has huge treasures.

In fact, my players know what I mean when they try to loot something in COS and I simply state you hear your character mutter "*)*(# Boravian"... they know there is nothing there. I digress - but point is - telling me I have included generic handy keywords to expand the tool means I should now provide specific keywords to handle things other people consider common... well... I'll simply use my trademarked response :)

No.

Leprekorn
February 22nd, 2022, 21:31
The fabled wall of text, with the as expected no at the end.

SilentRuin
February 22nd, 2022, 21:33
The fabled wall of text, with the as expected no at the end.

Indeed ;)

Tanklin Kregin
February 23rd, 2022, 01:19
TY for the quick response. I was having a hard with adding the standard abilities to the npc sheets and was checking to see if it was a glitch or something. I do like this ext and the parcel ext and have used them a lot. I have a Druid in a campaign now and it works great, Ty for the work
Ted

MrDDT
February 23rd, 2022, 01:22
TY for the quick response. I was having a hard with adding the standard abilities to the npc sheets and was checking to see if it was a glitch or something. I do like this ext and the parcel ext and have used them a lot. I have a Druid in a campaign now and it works great, Ty for the work
Ted

Can you rename the trait to polymorph or shapechange?

Tanklin Kregin
February 23rd, 2022, 02:45
Can you rename the trait to polymorph or shapechange?
Wildshape fits best as shapechange is more limited than the dragon ability. Also is more complicated as it does not fit regular parameters, true polymorph will become permanent if used as per spell description, It's ok, it is just work to get everything to take, and then if you do something wrong and it erases, you have do it all over again. I am making a expedition to resemble the Book series The Rage in 5E. TY for the suggestion.

SilentRuin
February 23rd, 2022, 05:18
Wildshape fits best as shapechange is more limited than the dragon ability. Also is more complicated as it does not fit regular parameters, true polymorph will become permanent if used as per spell description, It's ok, it is just work to get everything to take, and then if you do something wrong and it erases, you have do it all over again. I am making a expedition to resemble the Book series The Rage in 5E. TY for the suggestion.

shapechange is not equal to shapechanger - make sure you read the directions in the .txt file or the forum threads if you plan to understand or talk about these things here or you will just confuse others reading in here.

To recap the txt file these are what I provide in terms of spell/power/keywords as I've described many times - and even in the last two pages to some extent:

Polymorph Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will.

True Polymorph Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will. This supports special custom NPC types of "object" or "item". If you make a custom NPC that has a type of one of these it will be treated as an object by this and that other spells in polymorphism (won't be considered a creature). For example, making a chair NPC with whatever structural HP it would have or anything else with a chair token and a type of "object" or "item" would be respected as an object in this spell.

Animal Shapes Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is self or not of the same faction as the caster that target will be ignored. A special feature that supports the ability to change shapes while a current animal shapes spell concentration is in effect requires that the target list be an exact subset of the current Animal Shapes concentration effects in play. If it is, then only that subset will change without breaking the concentration and losing the others in that active spell. Otherwise, any deviation from the target subset will result in breaking the concentration of the others (reverting them back) and casting this new target list as a new animal shapes spell transformation.

Shapechange Spell - This will support the almost the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Because of the nature of this spell and that you can still use your character features and spells at DM's discretion based on shape you took - this new sheet will have everything you need according to RAW 5E rules except those DM discretion things. When you go back to the original sheet it will also have a different label stating this sheet is for LIMTTED use at DM's discretion (unlike other reference sheets which state DO NOT USE). This is a self only spell and the special case allowing you to change shape while active is handled by going back to your source sheet where the NPC selection in this case will allow you to select a new NPC and hit the active button again (even though its highlighted already). If the NPC selection was different than the current one it will delete the Shapechange effect (reverting you back) and then transform you into the new NPC shape.

Shapechanger - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Shapeshifter - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. It will follow most polymorph spell rules on death where it will carry over the exceeded HP when it reverts back to its shape. Used more for allowing the DM to have unrestricted polymorph (some homebrew NPC/PC have this death revert behavior).

Wild Shape - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this in the newly created sheet after the wild shape takes effect. This is a self only thing so simply supports the active button switching back and forth.

Jesse0317
February 23rd, 2022, 19:20
I love this extension and had good experience with it running it for Rime of the Frost Maiden.

Anyway you can tool it for use with the 3.5/Pathfinder 1e ruleset? Now having said that I have not tried running the extension and see if works already.

I'd be the first to buy it if you are so inclined.

SilentRuin
February 23rd, 2022, 20:13
I love this extension and had good experience with it running it for Rime of the Frost Maiden.

Anyway you can tool it for use with the 3.5/Pathfinder 1e ruleset? Now having said that I have not tried running the extension and see if works already.

I'd be the first to buy it if you are so inclined.

I wrote them for me and only write them for games I actually actively play in - D&D 5E and SW5E - so essentially just 5E. I can't even contemplate the nightmare to keep them working in games I don't even use - though all my code is unencrypted so you can look at what it does and try and mangle it for your personal use. But really, the rulesets are like wild renegades - originally I was under the impression that the CoreRPG and its basic tenets for xml/lua coding was common to all - but quickly realized the ruleset developers simply went "Meh, I'm doing it my way" and diverged from each other making it a royal pain to keep up with all of them. I tried at first and rapidly gave up after seeing the radical inconsistencies. I have no intentions of revisiting unless I actually end up DM'ing those type of things some day.

I've got my hands full doing my players COS and SW5E games once a week (or as often as we can with everyone's schedule) and did all my stuff to support those games. Anything that annoyed me while running them got an extension or something added into an existing extensions - as I hate making new ones unless they are just radically different from what I've done before. So, as so often ends up being the case, I must sadly decline the offer to do more work and answer with my trademarked response of...

No ;)

Jesse0317
February 23rd, 2022, 20:18
I wrote them for me and only write them for games I actually actively play in - D&D 5E and SW5E - so essentially just 5E. I can't even contemplate the nightmare to keep them working in games I don't even use - though all my code is unencrypted so you can look at what it does and try and mangle it for your personal use. But really, the rulesets are like wild renegades - originally I was under the impression that the CoreRPG and its basic tenets for xml/lua coding was common to all - but quickly realized the ruleset developers simply went "Meh, I'm doing it my way" and diverged from each other making it a royal pain to keep up with all of them. I tried at first and rapidly gave up after seeing the radical inconsistencies. I have no intentions of revisiting unless I actually end up DM'ing those type of things some day.

I've got my hands full doing my players COS and SW5E games once a week (or as often as we can with everyone's schedule) and did all my stuff to support those games. Anything that annoyed me while running them got an extension or something added into an existing extensions - as I hate making new ones unless they are just radically different from what I've done before. So, as so often ends up being the case, I must sadly decline the offer to do more work and answer with my trademarked response of...

No ;)

It was worth a shot, but with your blessing I'll crack it open see if I can work up something for myself.

SilentRuin
February 23rd, 2022, 20:25
It was worth a shot, but with your blessing I'll crack it open see if I can work up something for myself.

Absolutely - good luck! You'll start to see what I'm talking about pretty fast I'm sad to say. And if you can break it out into an overlay on the existing code I have no objections to you putting it out there in Forge as an overlay (don't need to give me anything if that happens as the underlying extension would still be required).

nephranka
February 26th, 2022, 20:33
Looks like there is conflict with polymorphism and the auras ext Bmos is upkeeping. When I dbl click to end the concentration of the polymorph spell I get an error: scripts/manager_combat.lua:98 attempted to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

Any thoughts if this can be resolved. I did post there as well. Thanks!

SilentRuin
February 26th, 2022, 20:36
Looks like there is conflict with polymorphism and the auras ext Bmos is upkeeping. When I dbl click to end the concentration of the polymorph spell I get an error: scripts/manager_combat.lua:98 attempted to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

This was discussed in another thread. This is all I'm willing to do for it - if that is still an issue they just conflict.

nephranka
February 26th, 2022, 20:39
This was discussed in another thread. This is all I'm willing to do for it - if that is still an issue they just conflict.

Thanks for the info.

SilentRuin
February 26th, 2022, 20:41
Thanks for the info.

This was the thread it was talked about in - again - if that does or aura change does not fix it then they conflict where stop concentration is used. Some extensions just conflict. Extensions = RISK.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72707-Workaround-found-for-Aura-Effect-Polymorph-conflict

MrDDT
February 26th, 2022, 20:44

Gist of the thread was this is fixed but you have to wait til FGU updates as bmos put both this fix and the fix for FGU update in the same update of Aura.

So wait for FGU update and this wont be an issue for this exact thing.

nephranka
February 26th, 2022, 20:53
Gist of the thread was this is fixed but you have to wait til FGU updates as bmos put both this fix and the fix for FGU update in the same update of Aura.

So wait for FGU update and this wont be an issue for this exact thing.

Thanks for the summary!

nephranka
February 26th, 2022, 20:54
This was the thread it was talked about in - again - if that does or aura change does not fix it then they conflict where stop concentration is used. Some extensions just conflict. Extensions = RISK.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72707-Workaround-found-for-Aura-Effect-Polymorph-conflict

Thanks!

spoonhead
March 8th, 2022, 18:44
Having a real problem with trying to understand why this extension is not showing on the character or NPC sheet. I have 2 different campaigns. Both have exactly the same extensions loaded, and both load the extension in the same order. I've used the compare function in MS Word, and there are no differences between them.

I've compared all the options in both campaigns, and made them identical.

In one campaign, the extension works as expected, in the other, not showing.

I've then unloaded all the extensions, except Polymorphism, and it still doen't work. I'm wondering if there is something corrupt when loading the game? Any ideas what to try?

Leprekorn
March 8th, 2022, 18:52
Have the pc or npc got either wildshape, polymorph as a skill, trait or ability?

spoonhead
March 8th, 2022, 18:56
Have the pc or npc got either wildshape, polymorph as a skill, trait or ability?

Yes. In the working campaign, a Succubus has the function enabled, along with a player with the polymorph spell. In the non-working campaign, neither of those are showing, and nor is a Druid with Wild Shape ability.

Leprekorn
March 8th, 2022, 18:56
Have you dragged them to the combat tracker?

spoonhead
March 8th, 2022, 19:02
Thank you. I think that the PC, who is on the CT already, might need to dropped on there again. But the NPC and other character I worked with did turn up.

Leprekorn
March 8th, 2022, 19:03
Cool no worries

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2022, 19:30
Thank you. I think that the PC, who is on the CT already, might need to dropped on there again. But the NPC and other character I worked with did turn up.

Beware - FGU is not good about keeping the map token and CT entry in synch - sometimes they can get disconnected and you have to delete the map token and redrop it from CT into the map. Not sure how this happens, but its raw FGU (no extensions) that does it. Gist is all sorts of weird stuff can result when you have a map token you "think" is the one shown in the CT when its an old version of it that no longer links to that CT entry.

Rare. But I've had it happen.

SilentRuin
May 17th, 2022, 19:27
V1.34 - Feature - Primal Strike and Elemental Wild Shapes are now supported on NPC as actions. Just drop their links from Druid class circle of the moon and they will be placed in proper spot on NPC sheet. While always supported for PCs, the NPC has no real way to determine druid level so does not limit wild shape for fly/swim or other druid level limitations - only for beast type, and leaves it up to DM to limit them. Circle of Moon need not be applied on NPC as its a druid level limitation type of feature in PC and no way to do that in NPC (left up to DM to limit beast types).

Tooting Dog
May 18th, 2022, 04:27
I want to make it so that Polymorphism does not add "; (C)" to the effects line for a special shapechanger. How do I keep it from rolling a concentration check? I don't see the effect in the effects tab and thus I cannot make the change myself other than to each time manually change it in the Combat Tracker. Where does it load the effect from?

On the character sheet I added the word "Shapechanger" to the Features section which seems to make it work. Maybe this is the wrong method to do this?

SilentRuin
May 18th, 2022, 06:10
I want to make it so that Polymorphism does not add "; (C)" to the effects line for a special shapechanger. How do I keep it from rolling a concentration check? I don't see the effect in the effects tab and thus I cannot make the change myself other than to each time manually change it in the Combat Tracker. Where does it load the effect from?

On the character sheet I added the word "Shapechanger" to the Features section which seems to make it work. Maybe this is the wrong method to do this?

I have no idea what you mean. If you use Shapechanger/Shapeshifter keywords in PC(feature) or NPC(trait) then the effect does not have a (C) on it. Only the spells (per defintions) have those.

Tooting Dog
May 18th, 2022, 06:37
I must be doing something wrong. I can't post an image. When I click Insert Image to load from my computer, the "ok" disappears.

SilentRuin
May 18th, 2022, 06:43
I must be doing something wrong. I can't post an image. When I click Insert Image to load from my computer, the "ok" disappears.

The only effect in Shapechanger or Shapeshifter is that word without the (C). Not really any way you can do it wrong. Unless I suppose your actually using the Shapechange spell which will have the (C) and should have the (C) as its a spell.

Tooting Dog
May 18th, 2022, 06:53
1. I input the text "Shapechanger" into the character sheet's Features section of the Abilities Tab.
2. This seems to trigger the section at the top of the character sheet the ability to Polymorph and drag in the sheets to polymorph into.
3. I drag into this section a Weretiger.
4. When I Activate this, I get a (C) for concentration and I don't want concentration.
5. Chat shows "Effect ['Shapechange; (C)']->[to Weretiger] [by Charname]
6. In the Combat Tracker I get (Shapechange; (C))
7. I know how to manually change it each time in the Combat Tracker, but would prefer it not loading it in the first place just to speed things up.
8. I looked in the Effects tool and it doesn't seem to be pulling it from an effect in there which would allow me to change for each time it loads.

SilentRuin
May 18th, 2022, 06:59
1. I input the text "Shapechanger" into the character sheet's Features section of the Abilities Tab.
2. This seems to trigger the section at the top of the character sheet the ability to Polymorph and drag in the sheets to polymorph into.
3. I drag into this section a Weretiger.
4. When I Activate this, I get a (C) for concentration and I don't want concentration.
5. Chat shows "Effect ['Shapechange; (C)']->[to Weretiger] [by Charname]
6. In the Combat Tracker I get (Shapechange; (C))
7. I know how to manually change it each time in the Combat Tracker, but would prefer it not loading it in the first place just to speed things up.
8. I looked in the Effects tool and it doesn't seem to be pulling it from an effect in there which would allow me to change for each time it loads.

Shapechange is not Shapechanger. The latter has an r at the end of it. What you are describing is a "Shapechange" spell being selected.

Tooting Dog
May 18th, 2022, 07:02
One little r may be the culprit. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Thank you for your time!

SilentRuin
May 18th, 2022, 07:04
One little r may be the culprit. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Thank you for your time!

For example...

Tooting Dog
May 22nd, 2022, 05:13
I am still having problems with this. I can load in and out and back in and get the same thing. I even unchecked the option when loading a game, then reloading checking the option to load and still get the problem below.

In chat you can see it is loading all kinds of monsters that I never loaded into the character sheet. Most all of those are listed there are in the encounters for the module I will run, but not all of them are. My suspicion is that it is taking old loads and getting them confused with other monsters. Also, one time I was trying to load in Giant Ape and it loaded in a cat. Again, I think it is getting the monsters confused somehow but it also seems to be holding onto an old file of beasts these characters had before I ported them into this new adventure I will be running. But these old beasts were not what is being shown in chat. All that is loaded right now is the Ape and Rex but chat is trying load a bunch of other stuff. I'm really stumped.

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 05:34
I am still having problems with this. I can load in and out and back in and get the same thing. I even unchecked the option when loading a game, then reloading checking the option to load and still get the problem below.

In chat you can see it is loading all kinds of monsters that I never loaded into the character sheet. Most all of those are listed there are in the encounters for the module I will run, but not all of them are. My suspicion is that it is taking old loads and getting them confused with other monsters. Also, one time I was trying to load in Giant Ape and it loaded in a cat. Again, I think it is getting the monsters confused somehow but it also seems to be holding onto an old file of beasts these characters had before I ported them into this new adventure I will be running. But these old beasts were not what is being shown in chat. All that is loaded right now is the Ape and Rex but chat is trying load a bunch of other stuff. I'm really stumped.

I'm not sure what the "problem" is. Your have one list you drop NPCs into. It's filtered for each different spell/trait you are using and tells you when something in the list is rejected for something you have in your list. Also when you drop something in the current spell/trait does not allow. All you've shown me is you have a large number of things in your list showing (though I can't see it) that when you try to switch to polymorph you have a ton of things in your list not valid for polymorph and shows you only the things out of your list that are valid. Use the delete button for the whole list next to the pulldown field to clear your list and start over if you've dumped in more stuff than you want from some other selection where they were valid when you dropped them in.

I am not seeing "the problem" here. To verify - clear your list and only put things in for your set of spells/traits that you want.

Tooting Dog
May 22nd, 2022, 05:57
I thought I was clear but I'll try a list:

1. There are only two beast loaded into the sheet, a Giant Ape and a T Rex. That is all.
2. I know what a beast is and have only ever loaded a beast.
2a. I have never loaded a Death Dog, or Marlos Unrayl, etc.
3. I have deleted the ape and rex and reloaded them but these other things keep trying to load in chat.
3a. One time I dragged the giant ape into the polymorph section and it showed up as a cat.

I think it is getting monsters mixed-up or somehow is holding onto an old upload. However, there are only two things in the list, an ape and a rex and there is no way on the characters sheet for me to delete all those things popping up in chat.

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:05
I thought I was clear but I'll try a list:

1. There are only two beast loaded into the sheet, a Giant Ape and a T Rex. That is all.
2. I know what a beast is and have only ever loaded a beast.
2a. I have never loaded a Death Dog, or Marlos Unrayl, etc.
3. I have deleted the ape and rex and reloaded them but these other things keep trying to load in chat.
3a. One time I dragged the giant ape into the polymorph section and it showed up as a cat.

I think it is getting monsters mixed-up or somehow is holding onto an old upload. However, there are only two things in the list, an ape and a rex and there is no way on the characters sheet for me to delete all those things popping up in chat.

1) Did you delete your list like I asked?
2) If you have deleted the list and this still happens it sounds like you have a really corrupted DB as I have no explanation for what your seeing. The list is stored as NPC references (which are those FGU ID things for your DB). It sounds like you have something seriously messed up if an ape is showing as a cat. Create a test campaign and do the same things and you will not see this issue. In fact, I've never seen this issue. The only way I can imagine it happening if somehow you edited the DB.xml directly or something rendering the stored NPC IDs pointing to something else (they are only ever valid in a single DB or module if not local data). The only way to get so badly out of synch is to have something truly and spectacularly messed up with your DB.xml references (maybe you stored them in one DB, dumped them to a module - then tried to use them in new DB without removing and replacing the old entries - the list).

This is all total guess work as you are doing something really wrong outside of polymorphism. Keep in mind - DB.xml child ID's which are used in multiple places in the database are unique to ONLY that DB they are referenced/created in.

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:28
Maybe take a look at the earlier conversations in the forum thread if you are doing anything weird with modules. FGU has many referencing rules for getting at data in modules and if you are not aware of them when creating modules you can easily get burned. Look through this thread - or around this part -- https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61009-Polymorphism-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-5E-ruleset&p=589780&viewfull=1#post589780 - and see if that rings any bells for anything weird you are doing with referenced NPC ID data (or any other kind of ID reference data).

Tooting Dog
May 22nd, 2022, 06:30
1. Yes. See #3. But I am only deleting what is on the character sheet and not going into the windows folder and deleting any files.
2. I think I might know what is going on, but am not sure. I kind of mentioned this in my first post. Let me explain my thinking.

As I had stated, I had imported these characters into a new campaign. For details, we had been doing the adventures in Yawning Portal but now switching to the last part of Tomb of Annihilation. I had to make a new campaign to work on and prepare ToA. So I imported the characters in the original campaign into this new campaign.

I went and looked, and in my previous campaign I have copies of the beasts and had them in a folder in NPCs titled Polymorphs. I did this so I could modify the beasts with my own images and maybe a tweak here and there.

When I first pulled my players' characters into the new campaign, I noticed the polymorph list was blank. So I started to load them in again and I had quite the difficulty. It would state things like Giant Ape is already loaded or something like that.

I think, somehow, when I imported the characters with polymorph spells, the extension is remembering what was loaded but this new campaign does not have the copies of the beasts I was using and so it is getting them or their IDs confused (thus pulling in an ape and getting a cat once.)

However, I don't know how to clear the beasts list that it may be trying to refer to but those beasts are not showing up in chat as trying to load (I think) but getting the completely wrong monsters. Is there a file I can delete to wipe this out and start over?

I hope this made sense.

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:39
1. Yes. See #3. But I am only deleting what is on the character sheet and not going into the windows folder and deleting any files.
2. I think I might know what is going on, but am not sure. I kind of mentioned this in my first post. Let me explain my thinking.

As I had stated, I had imported these characters into a new campaign. For details, we had been doing the adventures in Yawning Portal but now switching to the last part of Tomb of Annihilation. I had to make a new campaign to work on and prepare ToA. So I imported the characters in the original campaign into this new campaign.

I went and looked, and in my previous campaign I have copies of the beasts and had them in a folder in NPCs titled Polymorphs. I did this so I could modify the beasts with my own images and maybe a tweak here and there.

When I first pulled my players' characters into the new campaign, I noticed the polymorph list was blank. So I started to load them in again and I had quite the difficulty. It would state things like Giant Ape is already loaded or something like that.

I think, somehow, when I imported the characters with polymorph spells, the extension is remembering what was loaded but this new campaign does not have the copies of the beasts I was using and so it is getting them or their IDs confused (thus pulling in an ape and getting a cat once.)

However, I don't know how to clear the beasts list that it may be trying to refer to but those beasts are not showing up in chat as trying to load (I think) but getting the completely wrong monsters. Is there a file I can delete to wipe this out and start over?

I hope this made sense.

Look at the post I referenced above your post. Having gone through the horror of trying to make the SW5E data modules I learned more (and forgotten) about module references than I ever wanted to know. FGU does local child references with an ID number which is ONLY VALID in the DB it was created in. If you put it in a module, and you use the ID's instead of some generic naming conventions they use for modules (don't ask) then the reference will be the ID number. If you use that NPC defined in the module - say 0001 - then use it in another DB - all will be good. Unless you create an update for that module where you edited the local data to shift the local ID for the NPC to say - 0002. Then when you attach the module the old reference will be looking up 0001 and find - lets say - cat instead of what that ID used to be ape. Same is true if you dump some xml data down that HAS the actual reference to an ID based reference (always risky for a module to do why you don't see the FGU store modules ever do that) then dump that into a new DB - well those local ID's to the one DB may not match what is in the new DB.

Personally, I think you are down this sort of rabbit hole. Which I really can't help you with in terms of "fixing it". But if you understand what I'm saying - or what is in that reference post - you may be able to untangle your data. Or delete it and do it with legit references to the DB your in (or the module has good non ID based references defined).

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:49
Obviously what I told you here about ID's has zip to do with this extension. It's just the nature of FGU data and if you directly play with that data without knowing "their" rules especially with modules or local ID references your trying to transfer to a new DB - then prepare for the pain. Gist is - never try to transfer local DB child ID's for ANY DATA from one DB to another. They might match by luck - but probably won't. Transferring module data is not usually an issue because module developers usually insure their references will NEVER change if using ID's or if smart, never use ID's at all (FGU has all sorts of reference rules for modules you can look up).

Tooting Dog
May 22nd, 2022, 06:55
Easy fix!! It's a total "duh moment" for me.

Since I have not begun the new campaign, I went into the old campaign and cleared out their polymorph beasts on their sheets. (I have two casters with Polymorph.) Then once cleared, I imported the characters into the new campaign and that did it! I was able to load the beasts no problem and everything works perfectly! (At least so far with just a few tests only a couple minutes.)

Maybe put a warning or something to clear out the polymorph list before importing to a new campaign just in case.

I am good. Thanks for the time and help!

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:56
And make sure you deleted the whole list - not individual entries - I know you said you did - but there are two delete buttons one to the left (the whole list) and one to the right (current displayed entry). I you dump xml data with references already defined then you better make sure those references are to a module (not local) or that you delete the whole list before you export the xml. That goes without saying based on what I've already told you but just to be crystal clear.

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 06:58

Since I have not begun the new campaign, I went into the old campaign and cleared out their polymorph beasts on their sheets. (I have two casters with Polymorph.) Then once cleared, I imported the characters into the new campaign and that did it! I was able to load the beasts no problem and everything works perfectly! (At least so far with just a few tests only a couple minutes.)

Maybe put a warning or something to clear out the polymorph list before importing to a new campaign just in case.

Huzzah. I had just finished posting that to be extra clear but appears you already did it :) And I'm not going to warn about all the crazy stuff you can potentially do with import/export/modules etc. - that is pure FGU stuff. Play with fire - be careful!

SilentRuin
May 22nd, 2022, 16:46

Also exporting a character with poly list on it is fine - as long as you've referenced NPC module data and that new campaign has the same module used, and not local NPC data. So its not a "importing to a new campaign" issue, more FGU data centric complexity that most using modules will not run into.

SilentRuin
June 28th, 2022, 04:01
V1.35 - BUG - comparisons for beast, construct, undead, item, and object were doing the wrong string comparison (making it exact instead of within the NPC type). Fixed.

Ballzack
June 28th, 2022, 06:50
Has anyone come across this problem? My druid player clicks the focus button to transform into a wildshape. IT doesn't work for him, however, if I myself as a GM open up his character sheet, it works when I press it.

SilentRuin
June 28th, 2022, 11:10
Has anyone come across this problem? My druid player clicks the focus button to transform into a wildshape. IT doesn't work for him, however, if I myself as a GM open up his character sheet, it works when I press it.

I assume there is a chat message telling him it has to be his turn for a player to transform that you guys are not reading.

Must be in CT for polymorphism to work and for player must be their turn.

Ballzack
June 29th, 2022, 10:11
Thanks for the reply. I will check during our next session

SilentRuin
July 12th, 2022, 23:40
V1.36 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

Not compatible with previous LIVE. Only current one.

Gezzer
July 13th, 2022, 18:44
I gather this is in reference to how the add-on isn't applying to druid moon circle properly? I've done some testing and it might be an issue with the update not the add-on because I have the same issue when I disable it. Still glad to see you're aware and are working towards a fix.

SilentRuin
July 13th, 2022, 19:18
I gather this is in reference to how the add-on isn't applying to druid moon circle properly? I've done some testing and it might be an issue with the update not the add-on because I have the same issue when I disable it. Still glad to see you're aware and are working towards a fix.

I have no idea what you are talking about. This latest fix was because FGU updated and broke a lot of extensions - this update was for that extension.

Circle of the Moon has:

Combat Wild Shape - bonus action DM deals with
Circle Forms - respects higher CR
Primal Strike - respects magic hit
Elemental Wild Shape - respects elemental wild shape choices
Thousand Forms - alter spell DM deals with

So you stating is not applying "druid moon circle" properly makes no sense. This extension does what it claims and no more. Not everything can be automated.

Gezzer
July 13th, 2022, 19:30
I have no idea what you are talking about. This latest fix was because FGU updated and broke a lot of extensions - this update was for that extension.

Circle of the Moon has:

Combat Wild Shape - bonus action DM deals with
Circle Forms - respects higher CR
Primal Strike - respects magic hit
Elemental Wild Shape - respects elemental wild shape choices
Thousand Forms - alter spell DM deals with

So you stating is not applying "druid moon circle" properly makes no sense. This extension does what it claims and no more. Not everything can be automated.

It might be easier for you to read this post instead.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74411-Druid-battle-wild-shape-no-longer-working&p=655873#post655873

SilentRuin
July 13th, 2022, 19:35
It might be easier for you to read this post instead.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74411-Druid-battle-wild-shape-no-longer-working&p=655873#post655873

Maybe you should check if you put Circle Forms (as noted above) in your abilities. Circle of the Moon by itself does nothing - its just a specialization category. Now - if you have Circle Forms selected as your specialization in Circle of the Moon - and its not respecting your CR - then THAT is an issue I can look at.

But based on what you've said here and in that thread - I don't get the impression your actually selecting the specialization you want. And polymorphism is not able to tell what you have selected unless you have dropped it in your abilities tab - as - well - a selection.

So if you have done that and its not respecting it get back to me here.

Gezzer
July 13th, 2022, 20:05
Maybe you should check if you put Circle Forms (as noted above) in your abilities. Circle of the Moon by itself does nothing - its just a specialization category. Now - if you have Circle Forms selected as your specialization in Circle of the Moon - and its not respecting your CR - then THAT is an issue I can look at.

But based on what you've said here and in that thread - I don't get the impression your actually selecting the specialization you want. And polymorphism is not able to tell what you have selected unless you have dropped it in your abilities tab - as - well - a selection.

So if you have done that and its not respecting it get back to me here.

The thing is all I'm doing is using the level up as normal. By putting Circle Forms in my abilities are you referring to when I make the selection for Circle of the Moon in the character wizard panel that pops up after initiating the level up? The thing is what I'm doing both pre and post update hasn't changed any. The expected behaviour has.

SilentRuin
July 13th, 2022, 20:10
The thing is all I'm doing is using the level up as normal. By putting Circle Forms in my abilities are you referring to when I make the selection for Circle of the Moon in the character wizard panel that pops up after initiating the level up? The thing is what I'm doing both pre and post update hasn't changed any. The expected behaviour has.

I have no idea what character wizard does as its constantly changing. The question is simple though - do you have the text "Circle Forms" in abilities tab? Typically the selection is done from Druid class specialization and you drag the link to Circle forms in there and drop it in abilities tab and it puts it in the proper place.

I have no control what "flavor of the week" is being done in character wizard. In the end you have to have the specialization selection you want in Abilities in the proper category (dropping the link in will put in the right spot) in order for me to "see" the text and recognize this CR limit is in effect.

Gezzer
July 13th, 2022, 20:22
I have no idea what character wizard does as its constantly changing. The question is simple though - do you have the text "Circle Forms" in abilities tab? Typically the selection is done from Druid class specialization and you drag the link to Circle forms in there and drop it in abilities tab and it puts it in the proper place.

I have no control what "flavor of the week" is being done in character wizard. In the end you have to have the specialization selection you want in Abilities in the proper category (dropping the link in will put in the right spot) in order for me to "see" the text and recognize this CR limit is in effect.

Okay I did a level up with a pre update install and Circle Forms, Battle Wild Shape are all in the abilities tab after updating, they aren't being created post update leveling up. So I'm fairly certain this is an update issue and has nothing to do with your add-on. As I stated I left the message here because I was told to in the other thread. Sorry to have bothered you.

SilentRuin
July 13th, 2022, 20:27
Okay I did a level up with a pre update install and Circle Forms, Battle Wild Shape are all in the abilities tab after updating, they aren't being created post update leveling up. So I'm fairly certain this is an update issue and has nothing to do with your add-on. As I stated I left the message here because I was told to in the other thread. Sorry to have bothered you.

No worries - let me know what happens.

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2022, 23:06
Whilst using this extension if I drag a treasure parcel or an item or an image or indeed, anything, and drop it on the portrait of any character to share said parcel or item etc I get the following error:

Script Execution error: [string "Scripts/manager polymorphism.lua"] 780 attempt to call global 'saveonShortcutDrop' (a nil value)

SilentRuin
July 17th, 2022, 23:43
Whilst using this extension if I drag a treasure parcel or an item or an image or indeed, anything, and drop it on the portrait of any character to share said parcel or item etc I get the following error:

Script Execution error: [string "Scripts/manager polymorphism.lua"] 780 attempt to call global 'saveonShortcutDrop' (a nil value)

Supreme stupidity on my part. Polymorphism shares that code with Assistant GM and I only fixed the Assistant GM side - as I always run with both I never noticed that Poly side of code never worked.

V1.37 - Bug - mistakenly fixed the code in Assistant GM shared with Polymorphism but forgot to fix Poly shared shortcut code. Effect is that if polymorphism run by itself (not with assistant GM) then dropping things on portrait fails at line 78. Fixed.

Updated in DMsG - will be updated in Forge when Grim gets around to it.

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2022, 00:00
Jolly good

SilentRuin
July 20th, 2022, 02:56
V1.38 - FGU changes - surprise update to messageDamage blew poly out of the water with console error after damage roll. Fixed.

I'm beginning to get mightily annoyed.

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2022, 23:16
It would seem that many of the druid features aren't being carried over into the new form when they wildshape. What happens is that they get the NPC sheet with the correct abilities and skills etc but things like their racial traits and class abilities aren't accessible. My player is a Circle of the Moon Druid and when wildshaped can use a spell slot to heal and as a Firbolg has the Hidden Step ability that allows him to turn invisible. These are in power groups of course in their normal action tab but those don't carry over. So are we missing something or is this just not a feature with this extension?

SilentRuin
July 24th, 2022, 23:31
It would seem that many of the druid features aren't being carried over into the new form when they wildshape. What happens is that they get the NPC sheet with the correct abilities and skills etc but things like their racial traits and class abilities aren't accessible. My player is a Circle of the Moon Druid and when wildshaped can use a spell slot to heal and as a Firbolg has the Hidden Step ability that allows him to turn invisible. These are in power groups of course in their normal action tab but those don't carry over. So are we missing something or is this just not a feature with this extension?

Yeah there are so many rules that can apply or not apply in generic PC to NPC or NPC to NPC transitions that I only directly support the ones specified in the spell/trait doing the polymorphism. I leave it up to player to decide which spells can still apply per .txt file and discussions in here.

Gist is you have have a set of rules that will turn all the original effects OFF that I deem not applicable polymorphism - but they are still there and you can turn them ON if you need to on NPC. Also the entire original source PC/NPC sheet is still available to you if you double click on the polymorphism token field. The sheets have warnings at the top of course - but if you deem a spell applicable still you can still execute it directly (by dragging things to target token as its not the active sheet) or copy it to your transformed sheet main page from actions of the source (even though header warns you its not the active sheet).

100% sure there are to many special rules that can be applied in game or a homebrew game or a particular PC or a particular NPC that I'm not going to bother to track them all - except ones I consider out of the box generic ones. So have an effect you feel should still apply to your transformed state? Turn it back ON. There are rules you can look up that I use for tracking what effects are legitimately transferred one way or the other. Any spells, weapons or whatever else from original sheet you can access and execute yourself.

Gist is - want to keep things simple? No issues. Want to track all possible things under the sun? Thoroughly read through .txt file and this thread to understand what is available to you and how you can access it.

Also, if you can always make your own NPC tailored to your needs and use that as your transformation. For sure that is what you have to do as I describe for werebeast like things. Or Strahd in Curse of strahd as his special abilities can transfer to some of his standard NPC shapes (i.e make your own NPC off the standard one with the special things you want in it).

SilentRuin
July 24th, 2022, 23:38
Note - if you were reading that previous post by mail - I've edited it an you'll need to read it again.

SilentRuin
July 28th, 2022, 18:14
After last Tuesday's update there appears to be a new bug when using polymorphism and doing something I never knew you could do. Take a die roll chat bubble and drag it into CT over a PC wounds field and it will add that value into the damage. But if Polymorphism is up this will spit out some deprecated messages (on things I don't directly call) and then choke with an error.

I'm asking FGU about this as I don't call the functions in question directly. For now - don't do this thing I never knew you could do. I'll let you know when it is resolved.

SilentRuin
August 4th, 2022, 00:52
V1.39 - Update/Fix - Support for Sir Motte's theme. Also fix for messageDamage override - which caused chat bubble die rolls dragged onto CT not to work.

Ibhuk
August 5th, 2022, 20:22
This appears related to the fix you made for V1.29
Using Polymorphism with Wild Shape doesn't seem to be calculating skills and saves correctly based on my understanding. The feature says:

Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment and your Intelligence, wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If both you and the creature have the same proficiency, use only the higher bonus.
Per Jeremy Crawford on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/558355703530672128)
The intent is that the druid uses the bonus in the beast's stat block for any proficiency the druid lacks. Referring to the proficiency bonus in the stat block since many beasts will have a lower proficiency bonus than the druid would at the level the druid gains the ability to wild shape into the beast.

My understanding is that the calculation for any physical skill or save starts with the beast's ability score and then gets the druid's or beast's proficiency added to it. Similarly, any mental skill or save starts with the druid's ability scores and then adds either the beast's or druid's proficiency. I made a test druid to show what I'm talking about. (see attachment) 53868 The druid has 20 in all ability scores and shifts into a Giant Hyena that only has 16 Strength, 14 Dexterity, and 14 Constitution. The physical saves should just use the Giant Hyena's ability bonus, but it is pulling from the druid's ability bonuses. Also the Giant Hyena has proficiency in Perception while the druid doesn't so it should be using the druid's Wisdom bonus and adding the Giant Hyena's proficiency bonus.

The extension appears to be taking the higher total bonus for saves using whichever form's bonus is higher. It also doesn't seem to be modifying skills based on the baseline ability score. If a form has proficiency in a skill that the other doesn't, it is just taking that form's skill modifier.

Unless of course my understanding of the RAW is wrong and the extension calculations are following the RAW.

SilentRuin
August 5th, 2022, 22:08
This appears related to the fix you made for V1.29
Using Polymorphism with Wild Shape doesn't seem to be calculating skills and saves correctly based on my understanding. The feature says:

Per Jeremy Crawford on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/558355703530672128) Referring to the proficiency bonus in the stat block since many beasts will have a lower proficiency bonus than the druid would at the level the druid gains the ability to wild shape into the beast.

My understanding is that the calculation for any physical skill or save starts with the beast's ability score and then gets the druid's or beast's proficiency added to it. Similarly, any mental skill or save starts with the druid's ability scores and then adds either the beast's or druid's proficiency. I made a test druid to show what I'm talking about. (see attachment) 53868 The druid has 20 in all ability scores and shifts into a Giant Hyena that only has 16 Strength, 14 Dexterity, and 14 Constitution. The physical saves should just use the Giant Hyena's ability bonus, but it is pulling from the druid's ability bonuses. Also the Giant Hyena has proficiency in Perception while the druid doesn't so it should be using the druid's Wisdom bonus and adding the Giant Hyena's proficiency bonus.

The extension appears to be taking the higher total bonus for saves using whichever form's bonus is higher. It also doesn't seem to be modifying skills based on the baseline ability score. If a form has proficiency in a skill that the other doesn't, it is just taking that form's skill modifier.

Unless of course my understanding of the RAW is wrong and the extension calculations are following the RAW.

5E Raw states:

Your game Statistics are replaced by the Statistics of the beast, but you retain your Alignment, Personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw Proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same Proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours.

Which is what I should be doing. Nowhere does it state that anything is "added".

Key to me was "in addition to gaining those of the creature". Which makes the last part almost contradictory since it says if the same proficiency - hence I go with the highest one of either.

Still confused writing (typical for D&D rules) as it could be interpreted as if the proficiency is lower or higher then stick with druids bonus, and only check if exactly the same.

If I've read it wrong then will need to change but I'll need to understand it better in terms of what is expected.

Currently comment in the code is as follows for what I'm doing:
-- retains all skill and saving throw proficiencies or the creatures whichever is greater

SilentRuin
August 5th, 2022, 22:27
Note the above reply was edited in case you read via mail.

mordkhaan
August 5th, 2022, 22:47
I have used this in the past for an inperson game
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/136066/what-values-do-i-recalculate-when-i-wild-shape

SilentRuin
August 5th, 2022, 22:56
I have used this in the past for an inperson game
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/136066/what-values-do-i-recalculate-when-i-wild-shape

This confuses me more as reading the answers in here it appears that either is valid and it gets into a RAW vs RAI theoretical statement where it claims "good enough" for what I'm currently doing. Really confusing. I'm looking for what should be the "one and only". If that is even possible in the twisted phraseology of WOTC world. The following quote under the green checked answer in particular...

The DDB staff did touch on this issue in their recent changelog about character sheet updates - see under "Fixed Wildshape calculation issues with skill and saving throw numbers". They've noted that where the creature is proficient and the character is not, there are 2 possible interpretations: "The creature gives proficiency to the character and you take the higher of the two." and "The creatures skill number is the amount you get". They've defaulted to the former for now, pending "further official clarification". –
V2Blast

MeAndUnique
August 5th, 2022, 23:25
By RAW "Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast...", and proficiency bonus is, itself, a game statistic. Further, "You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies..." does not say that you retain your proficiency bonus. The statement that "If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature’s bonus instead of yours" is wholly unhelpful and makes no mechanical impact, because the bonus has already been replaced by the first sentence. It really only serves to add confusion through alluding to two potential and contradicting implications by inverse (both of which being a logical fallacy in this case). However RAW is defined by what is written, not by guess work about what is expressly not written. So the following pseudocode represents RAW:

local nBonus = 0;

if ability is STR, DEX, or CON then
nBonus = nBonus + creatureMod;
else
nBonus = nBonus + druidMod;
end

if creature or druid is proficient then
nBonus = nBonus + creatureProficiency;
end

SilentRuin
August 7th, 2022, 23:05
V1.40 - Fix - saving throws and skills in polymorphed sheet now reflect the rules for wild shape per RAW.

This was a nightmare as none of the suggestions above or in the article match what actually has to be done to conform to FGU and the article for RAW as written. I have implemented this so it matches the results (as best can be done per RAW wordings) per https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/136066/what-values-do-i-recalculate-when-i-wild-shape and the green checked article. The differences are in that FGU provides a proficiency multiplier of 0.5, 1, and 2 which I have taken into account and that the skills and saving throws are calculated following the same rules including only using the original bonus if larger and the proficiencies are the same. You can look at the raw code if you want but this is the basics of what it does now per the article above:

- You get new STR, DEX, and CON scores, so when shapeshifted you use the beast's scores for those, and the Druid's scores for INT, WIS and CHA.

- Because you are still a Druid and keep your proficiency bonus (including the multiplier 0.5, 1, or 2 pers abilities tab in FGU), you now add the Druid's PB to any abilities that you or the beast were proficient with. This does not include the beast's natural attacks.

- Finally, you check abilities that both Druid and beast were proficient in. If the beast had a higher bonus (and is the same proficiency) than your newly recalculated one, you use that bonus instead.

Look at the examples in that article and that is what is done - different only in that saving throws also apply these rules (their pictures do not seem to do that in all cases) and the proficiency multiplier in the abilities tab is applied to calculate true proficiency.

This whole wild shape thing is completely confused and it seem nobody really has a perfect idea of how it should be done - but I've used the article above as my point of reference and then applied anything it did not cover as mentioned above to handle the rest. Previously this just did the best of both sheets and applied those for skill/saving throws - now it does as the RAW states. Since it will always apply the same rules in all polymorphs this is "good enough" and guaranteed to be consistent when using this extension. And that is what really counts, regardless of how confused this whole WOTC rule is.

Ibhuk
August 7th, 2022, 23:10
Thank you for all your work and research into this. I know WotC has left it dumbly vague.

BushViper
August 13th, 2022, 23:48
Reporting an issue between Polymorphism and Temporal Fixation.

When PCs Shapeshift it strips the TF code, such as SHARETURN, from the NPC it was attached to on the combat tracker.

SilentRuin
August 14th, 2022, 06:03
Reporting an issue between Polymorphism and Temporal Fixation.

When PCs Shapeshift it strips the TF code, such as SHARETURN, from the NPC it was attached to on the combat tracker.

No idea what that is. But if its an effect then the rules as stated in .txt file are applied as to whether it is ON in the NPC - otherwise it will be OFF. So you would need to turn it back on. If something else, then yes it conflicts.

BushViper
August 14th, 2022, 06:20
No idea what that is. But if its an effect then the rules as stated in .txt file are applied as to whether it is ON in the NPC - otherwise it will be OFF. So you would need to turn it back on. If something else, then yes it conflicts.

Yeah, guy. I know it's a conflict otherwise I wouldn't have posted my comment and I clearly stated what it is. Temporal Fixation is an extension written by MeAndUnique, one of the creators under the Grim Press umbrella that you share.

Also, there's nothing to "turn back on." When the PC Shapeshifts, Polymorphism literally removes the entire effect line from the combat tracker for that NPC/companion.

I can't put into words how much I absolutely despise interacting with you. You constantly complain about having to find issues with your extensions yourself, but when people bring legitimate problems to you, you either pout, get angry, condescend, or shrug your shoulders.

Fix it or don't. I've done my duty in reporting it.

SilentRuin
August 14th, 2022, 21:07
Yeah, guy. I know it's a conflict otherwise I wouldn't have posted my comment and I clearly stated what it is. Temporal Fixation is an extension written by MeAndUnique, one of the creators under the Grim Press umbrella that you share.

Also, there's nothing to "turn back on." When the PC Shapeshifts, Polymorphism literally removes the entire effect line from the combat tracker for that NPC/companion.

I can't put into words how much I absolutely despise interacting with you. You constantly complain about having to find issues with your extensions yourself, but when people bring legitimate problems to you, you either pout, get angry, condescend, or shrug your shoulders.

Fix it or don't. I've done my duty in reporting it.

As much as I'd like to interact and toy with a troll trying to bait me - I'm going to have to pass. If MeAndUnique wants to let me know what on earth your talking about - he will. Otherwise, its a noted conflict - which was all I was stating. If its an effect line in the original polymorphed CT entry then it will be in the new NPC CT entry either ON or OFF as I stated.

lostsanityreturned
August 16th, 2022, 09:59
Right choice, big ooof.

Just wanted to leave a message saying good job after reading that entitled user rant above.

Cormellion
August 16th, 2022, 14:10
is this broken? i just bought it and no matter how i use it in fgu - even removing all exts i cannot get it to function at all. why?

sorry it works. i'm not sure what i did, as i did several things, and eventually the option popped up

Cormellion
August 16th, 2022, 15:04
is this broken? i just bought it and no matter how i use it in fgu - even removing all exts i cannot get it to function at all. why?

sorry it works. I'm not sure what i did, as i did several things, and eventually the option popped up

PS works great cheers

lostsanityreturned
August 16th, 2022, 18:48
And bushviper decided to contact me privately to insult me (and silent ruin again)... yay what a person of charm.

SilentRuin
August 16th, 2022, 20:16
And bushviper decided to contact me privately to insult me (and silent ruin again)... yay what a person of charm.

Sorry to hear that. He wants me to conform to what he expects of developers and how they interact with their users, sadly, not his call. I put these extensions out as something I made for my players and offer for sale to the general public as is if they want what I want. I also tend to tweak my users in discord and he does not appreciate my patented answer to most things...

No(tm) ;)

BushViper
August 23rd, 2022, 03:32
Sorry to hear that. He wants me to conform to what he expects of developers and how they interact with their users, sadly, not his call. I put these extensions out as something I made for my players and offer for sale to the general public as is if they want what I want. I also tend to tweak my users in discord and he does not appreciate my patented answer to most things...

No(tm) ;)

You're making a number of assumptions about me despite knowing exactly zero about me. Except for the fact that I absolutely despise you (or this persona you project online). However, I am absolutely not alone. A lot of people really dislike you. I have numerous messages from strangers that prove it. Even members of your of 'team' loathe interacting with you and I have those messages, too. In truth, the only reason you're tolerated is because you happen to code well and it makes people money. Absent that, you'd quickly find out how much people really feel about you. I have no such barrier so I'm more than happy to bare it all.

You're absolutely wrong in your belief that I have even a single expectation of you because I avoid interacting with you at all, if possible.

@lostsanityreturned First, I did not message you.

What I did is leave a comment with your reputation. I don't remember exactly what I said to you, but I think it had something to do with your fan-boyish comment about SilentRuin making me nauseas. I stand by it and I feel even more strongly about it now given your need to come to the forum and play the victim over a relatively tame reputation comment.

To both of you, I positively interact with FG ext/mod developers nearly every day, but for the few that have attitude issues, I have absolutely no problem meeting them on their field and treating them to some of the poo sandwich they serve to others. For everyone else, I'm always more than happy to treat them with respect, help troubleshoot problems, isolate errors, and try to provide concise, useful information.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2022, 04:04
I was just reading this and thinking of you...

Expect the villain to let out an Evil Laugh and start to Trash Talk about how the hero(es) are powerless to stop his Evil Plan.

It appears your plan is to trash this thread with truths which I do not dispute. As far as people disliking me, people do not like people who are blunt and tell the truth when its not what they want to hear. It annoys them when you don't conform and don't hide your meaning in half truths and platitudes. Not my style I'm afraid. And while I do not care about my reputation, it appears you really are more invested in it.

Or the trashing of it I suppose :)

I have to admit I lost interest half way through your exposition on your plans for me with all those descriptive adjectives. It really starts to repeat you know, just trying to give you some friendly tips. Keep your attacks on my thoughts, what people think of me, to a really concise short message. It comes across better. But then I was never really able to resist a good troll to play with - that was in the old days. I'm trying to be better these days and play less with my food.

Still, I was entertained. Thank for that. Except where you spread your attacks to some innocent 3rd party above, that was a real low point for you. But I always say, you be you, and I'll be me. Regardless of the opinions on how I should "be".

Have a nice day! :)

And don't buy my products if you hate them or me so much. You'll sleep better. I won't lose any sleep either way so no worries.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2022, 04:47
For anyone else, this is an FGU extension thread where I keep people up to date with changes I make. I know its digressed into drama central, much like Aridhro's thread did - but as when that happened - I tend to eventually respond how I see fit. So if the above stuff remains - that's fine. But its not what this thread is about. Though I admit - I did have fun - no lie :)

lostsanityreturned
August 23rd, 2022, 07:53
@lostsanityreturned First, I did not message you.

What I did is leave a comment with your reputation. I don't remember exactly what I said to you, but I think it had something to do with your fan-boyish comment about SilentRuin making me nauseas. I stand by it and I feel even more strongly about it now given your need to come to the forum and play the victim over a relatively tame reputation comment.

To both of you, I positively interact with FG ext/mod developers nearly every day, but for the few that have attitude issues, I have absolutely no problem meeting them on their field and treating them to some of the poo sandwich they serve to others. For everyone else, I'm always more than happy to treat them with respect, help troubleshoot problems, isolate errors, and try to provide concise, useful information.

This will be my first and last interaction with you... Arguing semantics over messaging is asinine "I didn't message you, I left you a message via another message avenue", as is "I wasn't as rude as I could have been, I was just a little rude you big baby" or how about the ever fantastic stance you have taken with "I am happy to be polite if everyone shares my opinion and ignores my extreme behaviour".

I commented here because as far as I am concerned you had chosen a route without discussion so you could let your feelings be known to me without chance for discourse. As a result my comment to the developer was in support because of the extremity of your response to them and I know how tiring / annoying it can get dealing with people with attitudes like yours.

Don't like people calling you out, don't do shitty things on the internet.

I don't even really care about the actions you took so much as feel it is worth leaving a character record of who you are and how you have acted in the thread.

On the record of entitlement, temporary fixation isn't in the list of supported grimpress stable extensions anyway. If it was I could give you a little bit of slack, but just... got something seriously wrong with your way of interacting with people mate.

Regardless this is my piece, -wipes hands-.

damned
August 23rd, 2022, 08:16
Any further comments on this thread that are deemed to be personal attacks or slights on each others characters will result in a one week or longer suspension from the forums.
I dont care whether you like each other but everyone will refrain from using this forum and its various features from continuing the negativity of the last few (at least) posts.

The thread will be unlocked in 24 hours.

humby
September 11th, 2022, 12:26
With this extension loaded, there is a minor cosmetic issue on the NPC sheet whereby the "title bar" of the sheet is overlapped slightly by the "Non-ID Name" field on the main sheet and the top of the text on the other sheet.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54333&stc=1&d=1662891653https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54334&stc=1&d=1662891718

SilentRuin
September 11th, 2022, 18:35
With this extension loaded, there is a minor cosmetic issue on the NPC sheet whereby the "title bar" of the sheet is overlapped slightly by the "Non-ID Name" field on the main sheet and the top of the text on the other sheet.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54333&stc=1&d=1662891653https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54334&stc=1&d=1662891718

Not overlapping with Sir Motte's theme but it is very tight - tighter than without poly. I suspect this is an artifact of the record_npc.xml I provide for the subwindow of polymorphism. Looks fine when polymorphism is visible and enabled - but when the subwindow is invisible and disabled AND the sheet is unlocked for editing - it ends up being flush up against the top - which causes the entry field rectangle to overlap (as its always a little bigger than the text size).

I have no real idea what or how this is being caused - but if I find out - I'll fix it. If not - the old adage with all my extensions applies as its an art to make FGU do things it does not want to do - and while I can get "close" I can't always make it perfect. Hence my policy...

"Good enough."

This may end up being, like some of the other caveats mentioned my extension threads, as close as I could get. If I find out how to resolve it I will.

Doc.McMourning
September 11th, 2022, 22:30
I am currently getting these type of errors.

[ERROR] window: Control (sub_polymorphism) anchoring to an undefined control (portrait) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (sub_polymorphism) anchoring to an undefined control (portrait) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (skills) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (abilities) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (inventory) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (notes) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (logs) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (actions) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:1918: attempt to call field 'getType' (a nil value)

SilentRuin
September 12th, 2022, 00:15
I am currently getting these type of errors.

[ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (skills) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (abilities) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (inventory) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (notes) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (logs) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] window: Control (actions) anchoring to an undefined control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:1918: attempt to call field 'getType' (a nil value)

Either your not on V1.40 or you have some serious conflicts with another extension. All is working for everyone else as far as I'm aware and those errors are very old meaning you must not be keeping track of when these extensions update (seems like every two weeks FGU is making some update that breaks it). Your chat window should show what version your running - if its < V1.40 then its unsupported garbage. If it is V1.40 then run it with no other extensions - ruleset 5E campaign. If its some other extension you'll have to remove it or this extension as they conflict. But really these errors look like your not keeping an eye on these biweekly to weekly updates that FGU updates force on most of the extensions out there of late.

Doc.McMourning
September 12th, 2022, 22:34
Either your not on V1.40 or you have some serious conflicts with another extension. All is working for everyone else as far as I'm aware and those errors are very old meaning you must not be keeping track of when these extensions update (seems like every two weeks FGU is making some update that breaks it). Your chat window should show what version your running - if its < V1.40 then its unsupported garbage. If it is V1.40 then run it with no other extensions - ruleset 5E campaign. If its some other extension you'll have to remove it or this extension as they conflict. But really these errors look like your not keeping an eye on these biweekly to weekly updates that FGU updates force on most of the extensions out there of late.

You are correct that was the issue. I failed to take into account that I got these from drivethrurpg and not the forge.

SilentRuin
September 13th, 2022, 05:53
You are correct that was the issue. I failed to take into account that I got these from drivethrurpg and not the forge.

I only update DMsG so that is always updated right after you see a post here. Forge is updated by Grim Press and that can take a few days. Just look in your My Library's Updated tab and it will show the extensions when they need to be downloaded.

SilentRuin
September 18th, 2022, 06:11
Conflict:
If you use BCEG (Better Combat Effects Gold) you have to have Restrict Concentration option set to "off". If it is not then when you do a Polymorphism of Animal Shapes with more than one target it will crash and only do one and corrupt the one it did. You'd have to delete the polymorphed entry - then replace the original CT entry (which will still be there) back into the map.

Notified author in discord - but its a fairly trivial thing and while I'd loved to use this option I've never had something like it before so I won't really be missing it. This is just an FYI for anyone else who uses BCEG with Polymorphism.

SilentRuin
September 20th, 2022, 19:46
Wrong thread.

SilentRuin
September 20th, 2022, 20:27
Note: I've found that when you keyin wounds that gets a polymorphed CT entry to 0 HP (same number as HP) it will not trigger the polymorphism back. You will have to manually trigger the stop concentration or Active button in polymorphism window to get it to switch back. Any normal damage applied (not a keyin in CT entry wounds field) will behave correctly. Never noticed this before and don't plan on changing the behavior as DM's can sometimes make errors - this way they can just set wounds back and it will all still be as it should be. And if the polymorphism really is dead they can just hit the active button. Just FYI - this has always been like this never noticed it before.

SilentRuin
October 2nd, 2022, 05:03
V1.41 - Update - added support for TokenHeight so that when you polymorph you keep the token height assigned through transitions.

ZelieDad
October 17th, 2022, 01:12
This game up in my last game. My sorcerer twinned a polymorph on two other characters, but the polymorph extension would only allow one player to be affected. I had to have the wizard use their ability so both other players could be polymorphed. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this just a limitation for the extension, did I do something wrong, or what. I'm almost 100% sure that someone else has run into this issue, and if so, what was the solution?

SilentRuin
October 17th, 2022, 05:13
This game up in my last game. My sorcerer twinned a polymorph on two other characters, but the polymorph extension would only allow one player to be affected. I had to have the wizard use their ability so both other players could be polymorphed. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this just a limitation for the extension, did I do something wrong, or what. I'm almost 100% sure that someone else has run into this issue, and if so, what was the solution?

Only the raw definitions of the spells are supported in terms of targeting - most are self or one target - animal shapes being the exception. But if you want to have to target one thing - hit active - then clear that target and target another - with the option "Spell casting (only) will not clear concentration (leave to GM)" turned "on" then it won't wipe out the previous polymorph concentration that was active. Though hitting stop concentration will still stop all active ones. Gist is in order to mimic twinned stuff making things handle more than one target you'll have to turn "on" the previously mentioned option and just run the individual targets twice. If you have more than one target for a single target spell etc. it will only ever use the first one.

CallMeTheFalcon
October 18th, 2022, 23:54
I haven't booted up Fantasy Grounds in about a month and ended up updating everything earlier this morning. However, I keep getting the attached error the first time I open a character sheet and I'm not sure what might be causing it or how to fix it. It's definitely linked to Polymorphism and occurs even when Polymorphism is the only extension loaded.

Edit: Poking around some more, it looks like I get this error whenever I open any custom NPC I've created as well. For example: "Cloud of Mist: not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove)."

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2022, 01:09
I haven't booted up Fantasy Grounds in about a month and ended up updating everything earlier this morning. However, I keep getting the attached error the first time I open a character sheet and I'm not sure what might be causing it or how to fix it. It's definitely linked to Polymorphism and occurs even when Polymorphism is the only extension loaded.

Edit: Poking around some more, it looks like I get this error whenever I open any custom NPC I've created as well. For example: "Cloud of Mist: not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove)."

You have some kind of NPC in your polymorph list (next to active button and tokenfield) that has no known related module. This is likely some old reference or someone did something crazy like copy some NPC/PC into a module then tried to use that local reference in another module. Just clear the entire list and redefine the NPC with your local DB.

For sure you can't take something from another DB and try and reference that index in a different DB as that is fixed to that local DB and will not point (necessarily) to the same entry or any entry for that matter.

CallMeTheFalcon
October 19th, 2022, 01:20
You have some kind of NPC in your polymorph list (next to active button and tokenfield) that has no known related module. This is likely some old reference or someone did something crazy like copy some NPC/PC into a module then tried to use that local reference in another module. Just clear the entire list and redefine the NPC with your local DB.

For sure you can't take something from another DB and try and reference that index in a different DB as that is fixed to that local DB and will not point (necessarily) to the same entry or any entry for that matter.

Thanks for the reply! So I cleared out the list for one of my players (the only player in the party that can Wildshape/Polymorph) but I'm still getting the error. I've included a screenshot of the cleared out list for reference. I'm also wondering, why am I getting this error for every PC sheet I open? Shouldn't it only effect the player who has the Wildshape ability?

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2022, 01:37
Thanks for the reply! So I cleared out the list for one of my players (the only player in the party that can Wildshape/Polymorph) but I'm still getting the error. I've included a screenshot of the cleared out list for reference. I'm also wondering, why am I getting this error for every PC sheet I open? Shouldn't it only effect the player who has the Wildshape ability?

That picture of a "sheet" looks like nothing I recognize. You must be using some other extension besides polymorphism. Further - that error is literal - it is harmless and informative - but it is telling you that your campaigns DB (db.xml) record for that PC (charsheet) or NPC (combattracker) has a <polymorphism> tag which contains a list of things you have at one time put into it that has a reference that it cannot find. Which means that reference does not have the module it was loaded with - or as I stated - has an index from another DB or somehow you copied into DB from some import or something that references a different local DB index (which can then be the wrong thing or nothing - nothing in your case).

That is what it is. HOW your campaign got that way I've stated the various ways. The workaround is the clear the list which should remove everything in that PC's <polymorphism> list. Not clear and entry - clear the list - which is button on far left. Hover will tell you which is the clear list if your in doubt.

If its not that then its some corruption in your DB which can only get like that if your importing/using a module that was created in another DB/using a module that you no longer have loaded (activated in your modules)/ or manually copied into DB.xml something that has a <polymorphism> tag record that can't be found. It's a harmless chat message warning you that the list has something in it (whether you see it or not because their is only one list shared between all the spells/traits of polymorphism) that is not resolvable.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2022, 03:19

Several people are getting this so I'll have to investigate as I'm just now noticing there is nothing listed in the "not found" text - there is supposed to be a listed entry

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2022, 04:22
V1.42 - Bug - chat message warning about a non existent polymorph list NPC every time a sheet was brought up (PC or NPC). Fixed.

Something with recent update caused a blank list entry to be processed with a warning message - no idea what changed - but is fixed.

NickGaidin
October 25th, 2022, 23:16
Thanks for this extension - been using it for a long time now.

I'm still getting this error whenever I open any character: : not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove). It's happening in my regular campaign so I opened a test campaign with only this extension running and imported a brand new character sheet that doesn't have any shape shift or polymorph options. The error is still happening.

I understand it's just an error message; it hasn't affected any usage as far as I or my players can tell, but wanted you to be aware it still persists.

Thanks.

NickGaidin
October 25th, 2022, 23:50
Whoops - double posted

SilentRuin
October 26th, 2022, 00:17
Thanks for this extension - been using it for a long time now.

I'm still getting this error whenever I open any character: : not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove). It's happening in my regular campaign so I opened a test campaign with only this extension running and imported a brand new character sheet that doesn't have any shape shift or polymorph options. The error is still happening.

I understand it's just an error message; it hasn't affected any usage as far as I or my players can tell, but wanted you to be aware it still persists.

Thanks.

Is it the message above yours for V1.42? Do you have V1.42? If you do then you have some copied PC/NPC from another campaign or DB.xml that has a local reference index not belonging to the active campaign. These are only unique to a campaign and if given to another campaign it will be whatever that campaign has defined for that index - which can be nothing (as you are seeing in message) or something completely different. As the message says - you have to clear the polymorph list (which is a shared list between all the spells - limited for each one by what they support).

Otherwise, sounds a lot like your not using V1.42. If you have Forge it will update automatically when you hit update - if DMsG then you have to regularly check for updates there (can tell when this thread is updated). Or you've done something crazy like unzipping something in your FGU extensions directory or have some old differently named .ext file which is being picked up in your extensions directory (DMsG seems to like randomly renaming files sometimes).

NickGaidin
October 26th, 2022, 01:32
Is it the message above yours for V1.42? Do you have V1.42? If you do then you have some copied PC/NPC from another campaign or DB.xml that has a local reference index not belonging to the active campaign. These are only unique to a campaign and if given to another campaign it will be whatever that campaign has defined for that index - which can be nothing (as you are seeing in message) or something completely different. As the message says - you have to clear the polymorph list (which is a shared list between all the spells - limited for each one by what they support).

Otherwise, sounds a lot like your not using V1.42. If you have Forge it will update automatically when you hit update - if DMsG then you have to regularly check for updates there (can tell when this thread is updated). Or you've done something crazy like unzipping something in your FGU extensions directory or have some old differently named .ext file which is being picked up in your extensions directory (DMsG seems to like randomly renaming files sometimes).

Thanks for the quick reply - I deleted the extension from my directory and then re-added it via update (forge) and it fixed the issue. I must have had the DMsG version still in the folder. Thank you!!

ZelieDad
November 5th, 2022, 14:02
Only the raw definitions of the spells are supported in terms of targeting - most are self or one target - animal shapes being the exception. But if you want to have to target one thing - hit active - then clear that target and target another - with the option "Spell casting (only) will not clear concentration (leave to GM)" turned "on" then it won't wipe out the previous polymorph concentration that was active. Though hitting stop concentration will still stop all active ones. Gist is in order to mimic twinned stuff making things handle more than one target you'll have to turn "on" the previously mentioned option and just run the individual targets twice. If you have more than one target for a single target spell etc. it will only ever use the first one.

This came up during our last session, and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

jpenhall
November 8th, 2022, 04:57
I just added the extension to FGU and love it. I wondered if anyone has been able to figure out how to use this for a PC who has Lycanthropy. I'm pretty new to manipulating extensions, so apologies in advance if this is a question that I should be able to answer on my own.

SilentRuin
November 8th, 2022, 05:59
I just added the extension to FGU and love it. I wondered if anyone has been able to figure out how to use this for a PC who has Lycanthropy. I'm pretty new to manipulating extensions, so apologies in advance if this is a question that I should be able to answer on my own.

Pretty sure I mention how in txt file on page 1 and or in previous comment in this thread. Gist is you make an NPC with things you want and use that as polymorph.

jpenhall
November 8th, 2022, 06:02
Thank you!! I'll take a look at the .txt file for instructions. Appreciate the quick reply and sorry for the basic question.

Cormellion
November 8th, 2022, 08:33
Easiest way is to use shape change spell this allows you yo change into anything. Just remember the CR versus level restriction. So uo may have to copy a werewolf and lower its CR.

SilentRuin
November 8th, 2022, 21:03
Easiest way is to use shape change spell this allows you yo change into anything. Just remember the CR versus level restriction. So uo may have to copy a werewolf and lower its CR.

Absolutely not true. The Shapechanger option is what is used for things that when they die stay dead and have no rules (like lycanthropy) . Again the .txt file has lots of details so do discussions in this thread.

Shapechanger - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Cormellion
November 9th, 2022, 08:16
Fair point

SilentRuin
November 20th, 2022, 21:33
V1.43 - Bug - exceeded hit points was not being checked against temp hp if any were present. Fixed.

MrDDT
November 20th, 2022, 21:53
Thanks again SR for keeping this so well updated.

SilentRuin
December 10th, 2022, 18:54
V1.44 - Update - added support for NPC spell checks for polymorphism to also look in innatespells (Polymorph, True Polymorph, etc.). Per FGU NPC parsing rules if these things are in "spells" you have to have a "Spellcasting" trait defined in order for it to parse saving throw data (example: "...spellcasting ability is intelligence..." - other stuff you'll have to look in their code). Per FGU NPC parsing rules if these things are in "innatespells" you have to have an "Innate Spellcasting" trait defined - with same parsing rules as spells. Don't ask me about those spellcasting parsing text as I had to look it up in code just to get the minimum stuff to make it work defined - you're on your own there. Though module stuff from FGU should have all that stuff defined in NPCs correctly. Bleh.

SilentRuin
January 5th, 2023, 17:16
V1.45 - Bug - a past FGU update of code changed one of things I was overriding which I never noticed - may have made some other extensions conflict which should not have. Fixed to reflect current FGU code.

Since my stuff always worked did not notice major argument list change had occurred in FGU code I was overwriting. Rewrote how I do exceeded damage when polymorph is killed by over that amount to be transferred to original per rules if it applies.

SilentRuin
January 8th, 2023, 18:19
V1.46 - Update - new "polymorphism_current_npc" added to PC charsheet if it was source of polymorphism. This is needed by other extension who may have the charsheet but not the new NPC CT entry it is currently referenced by (combat groups in particular).

SilentRuin
February 15th, 2023, 02:20
V1.47 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

Solani
February 16th, 2023, 07:42
Let me start off by saying I am not normally a stupid woman. However, when you get this wonderful ext. make sure you have NOT changed the name of the ability of wild shape to something like.... say.... wild shape taken. You will not want to waste an hour of your time trying to figure out why it works with one druid and not another. You will then have a "I could have had a V8 moment" when you add the feature again to the abilities page and lo and behold it works. You have to add it to the actual ability page and not just in the feature slot on the action tab.

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2023, 17:56
Let me start off by saying I am not normally a stupid woman. However, when you get this wonderful ext. make sure you have NOT changed the name of the ability of wild shape to something like.... say.... wild shape taken. You will not want to waste an hour of your time trying to figure out why it works with one druid and not another. You will then have a "I could have had a V8 moment" when you add the feature again to the abilities page and lo and behold it works. You have to add it to the actual ability page and not just in the feature slot on the action tab.

To recap the txt file these are what I provide in terms of spell/power/keywords (added some clarification of exactly where they are expected in this post):

Polymorph Spell - this is a NPC main page spell/PC action tab sheet spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will.

True Polymorph Spell - this is a NPC main page spell/PC action tab sheet spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will. This supports special custom NPC types of "object" or "item". If you make a custom NPC that has a type of one of these it will be treated as an object by this and that other spells in polymorphism (won't be considered a creature). For example, making a chair NPC with whatever structural HP it would have or anything else with a chair token and a type of "object" or "item" would be respected as an object in this spell.

Animal Shapes Spell - this is a NPC main page spell/PC action tab sheet spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is self or not of the same faction as the caster that target will be ignored. A special feature that supports the ability to change shapes while a current animal shapes spell concentration is in effect requires that the target list be an exact subset of the current Animal Shapes concentration effects in play. If it is, then only that subset will change without breaking the concentration and losing the others in that active spell. Otherwise, any deviation from the target subset will result in breaking the concentration of the others (reverting them back) and casting this new target list as a new animal shapes spell transformation.

Shapechange Spell - this is a NPC main page spell/PC action tab sheet spell - This will support the almost the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Because of the nature of this spell and that you can still use your character features and spells at DM's discretion based on shape you took - this new sheet will have everything you need according to RAW 5E rules except those DM discretion things. When you go back to the original sheet it will also have a different label stating this sheet is for LIMTTED use at DM's discretion (unlike other reference sheets which state DO NOT USE). This is a self only spell and the special case allowing you to change shape while active is handled by going back to your source sheet where the NPC selection in this case will allow you to select a new NPC and hit the active button again (even though its highlighted already). If the NPC selection was different than the current one it will delete the Shapechange effect (reverting you back) and then transform you into the new NPC shape.

Shapeshifter - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. It will follow most polymorph spell rules on death where it will carry over the exceeded HP when it reverts back to its shape. Used more for allowing the DM to have unrestricted polymorph (some homebrew NPC/PC have this death revert behavior).

Wild Shape - this is an NPC action/ PC feature (same place that dropping on sheets will put it). This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this in the newly created sheet after the wild shape takes effect. This is a self only thing so simply supports the active button switching back and forth.

SilentRuin
March 3rd, 2023, 01:20
V1.48 - Update - supported vehicle class as much as possible in the same manner as npc class.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2023, 00:00
V1.49 - Bug - fix in for display/removal of client polymorph PC/NPC windows and running a local client would have ownership detection issues - changed check to be with Session.UserName instead of User.getUserName() so the correct login user would be returned for comparison with owner when the client is running on same machine as host.

merploc
April 9th, 2023, 01:26
How do I manulaly add Circle of the moon when FGU isnt putting it on when my playes use the WIzard. I tried dragging the link from the class features but it isnt going on the sheet.

merploc
April 9th, 2023, 01:35
is there a way to disable it stopping me from putting a mob on?

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2023, 01:47
How do I manulaly add Circle of the moon when FGU isnt putting it on when my playes use the WIzard. I tried dragging the link from the class features but it isnt going on the sheet.

You want the character wizard thread not this one. If your asking me how you add stuff to abilities tab you really need to get educated on FGU as this is not that place - discord FGU support thread might be better for generic FGU questions.

merploc
April 9th, 2023, 02:23
link?

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2023, 10:24

I just tested this and the Specialization is being added correctly as far as I can see. If this isn't happening for you then possibly an extension is interfering. Test in a new campaign without extensions.

SilentRuin
April 12th, 2023, 22:42
V1.50 - Update - V1.50 - Update - now prevent init from being changed in CT when an NPC is a polymorphed one.

This was reported as being in issue if you have "Combat: Auto NPC initiative" FGU option set and "Combat: Roll initiative each round" not set. Why one would ever not give their users the suspense of wondering what the order is next round and will they be able to save the day I'll never understand. Never noticed the init changing after a polymorph added the NPC into the CT because I was never crazy enough to do those two options that way and allow my players to predict and plan based on turn order for the next round.

SilentRuin
July 15th, 2023, 08:18
V1.51 - Bug - Original CT Reach and Space values were never being stored in polymorph. Resulted in them being lost when converted back to original. Fixed.

SilentRuin
August 2nd, 2023, 17:34
V1.52 - Feature - now cleanName of any spell/action/trait before comparing to hardcoded supported spell/powers so that it can support things with garbage text after keyword. Will strip out anything after and including "(", "*", or "-".

Zanderflex
September 4th, 2023, 18:43
Big fan of this extension but I am having an issue adjusting the Spell DC. My player has a Spell DC of 16, even the polymorph spell in his action tab has a DC of 16, but whenever he tries to activate Polymorph using this extension it marks his Spell DC as 11. How can I change this?

SilentRuin
September 4th, 2023, 22:53
Big fan of this extension but I am having an issue adjusting the Spell DC. My player has a Spell DC of 16, even the polymorph spell in his action tab has a DC of 16, but whenever he tries to activate Polymorph using this extension it marks his Spell DC as 11. How can I change this?

If you mean the polymorph wisdom saving throw then its

-- DC is 8 + your Spellcasting Ability modifier + your Proficiency Bonus + any Special modifiers

or

rRoll.nTarget = 8 + ActorManager5E.getAbilityBonus(rSource, aPowerGroup.sSaveDCStat) + ActorManager5E.getAbilityBonus(rSource, "prf") + aPowerGroup.nSaveDCMod;

Which of course depends on the power group definitions in actions tab for the "spell name" you defined to trigger this. Just like any other spell in actions tab tis governed by the rules of the group you have it listed under if not overrideen.

Zanderflex
September 5th, 2023, 03:39
This was it, thanks! Forgot about the group definitions.

Eldarc
September 7th, 2023, 00:04
Hi! First time using this extension and I can't make it to work. The extension is loaded and I'm dropping the Polymorph spell into the Actions tab, also trying with Shapechange, Wild Shape, but I don't get the new frame that allows you to manage the shape changes. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

SilentRuin
September 7th, 2023, 00:18
I'm assuming its the same answer given in the docs, video, and this thread many times. Polymorphism only works if something is in the CT. So the question is - is your PC or NPC your trying to see the polymorphism window in - in the CT?

Zanderflex
September 7th, 2023, 00:34
As well as making sure the character is in the combat tracker, do a quick /reload once polymorph is in the spell list.

SilentRuin
September 7th, 2023, 06:18
As well as making sure the character is in the combat tracker, do a quick /reload once polymorph is in the spell list.

Or just switch between tabs back and forth - that will always refresh it also.

Eldarc
September 7th, 2023, 13:54
I'm assuming its the same answer given in the docs, video, and this thread many times. Polymorphism only works if something is in the CT. So the question is - is your PC or NPC your trying to see the polymorphism window in - in the CT?

Yes, that is what I was doing wrong. Thank you and sorry for the dumb question.

firvulag
September 21st, 2023, 22:30
Ok if this has been covered, I'm sorry....there are a ton of posts in this thread.

This is for Polymorphism; the circumstances are basically that I've just switched to a new PC so my campaign has been moved. I used to be able to pull up Modules and under "Supplement" I used to be able to find a "Druid Wild Shape Reference" and several "5e Automatic Effect" guides.

For the life of me I cannot find these reference materials anymore and I feel really stupid cuz I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. The extension is activated for the campaign when I load the campaign and the wild shape ability is working fine. I just cannot locate the reference material in FGU anymore.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!!!

(oh and all of it is still showing up on the OLD save on the computer that I migrated FROM).

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2023, 22:33
Ok if this has been covered, I'm sorry....there are a ton of posts in this thread.

This is for Polymorphism; the circumstances are basically that I've just switched to a new PC so my campaign has been moved. I used to be able to pull up Modules and under "Supplement" I used to be able to find a "Druid Wild Shape Reference" and several "5e Automatic Effect" guides.

For the life of me I cannot find these reference materials anymore and I feel really stupid cuz I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. The extension is activated for the campaign when I load the campaign and the wild shape ability is working fine. I just cannot locate the reference material in FGU anymore.

(oh and all of it is still showing up on the OLD save on the computer that I migrated FROM).

Zero idea what you are talking about. Neither "5e Automatic Effect" or "Druid Wild Shape Reference" have anything to do with Polymorphism. Maybe you should look up those extensions or modules or whatever they are as they are not "Polymorphism" nor are they delivered in any way shape or form with Polymorphism.

MrDDT
September 21st, 2023, 22:38

Are you saying you can't find the mods in your mod list to load it?

firvulag
September 21st, 2023, 23:05
Zero idea what you are talking about. Neither "5e Automatic Effect" or "Druid Wild Shape Reference" have anything to do with Polymorphism. Maybe you should look up those extensions or modules or whatever they are as they are not "Polymorphism" nor are they delivered in any way shape or form with Polymorphism.

Oops ok sorry for this then...will continue on trying to figure out what happened....I thought I got the "Wild Shape" functionality from Polymorphism. Sorry, my bad.

firvulag
September 21st, 2023, 23:06
Are you saying you can't find the mods in your mod list to load it?

Actually not sure what's wrong now....after reading Silent's reply. Need to research it better. Sorry.

MrDDT
September 23rd, 2023, 20:44
Oops ok sorry for this then...will continue on trying to figure out what happened....I thought I got the "Wild Shape" functionality from Polymorphism. Sorry, my bad.

Actually not sure what's wrong now....after reading Silent's reply. Need to research it better. Sorry.

Sometimes SR's replies can be a little misleading if you not understanding the context.

SR is simply saying this EXT has nothing to do with those other MODs. However, this EXT DOES provide WILD SHAPE functionality.

It also (as I use both of those mods) works with those mods.
So if you want some more help on them, feel free to post here, private message me, or hit me up on discord, more than happy to help. I just need some more info on what exactly is going on that is missing, as I'm not fully understanding it.

firvulag
September 23rd, 2023, 20:56
Sometimes SR's replies can be a little misleading if you not understanding the context.

SR is simply saying this EXT has nothing to do with those other MODs. However, this EXT DOES provide WILD SHAPE functionality.

It also (as I use both of those mods) works with those mods.
So if you want some more help on them, feel free to post here, private message me, or hit me up on discord, more than happy to help. I just need some more info on what exactly is going on that is missing, as I'm not fully understanding it.

No...it's all good. The problem was me. I had actually bought several extensions from DM's Guild that worked with and was based on SR's stuff. But had forgotten that I needed to go thru a separate procedure to get them to work with FGU....so was shocked when the update to a fresh install of FGU didn't just automatically install these as well.

That's my brain fart!! Thank you for the offer tho. Everything is working great now!!����✌

MrDDT
September 23rd, 2023, 20:57
No...it's all good. The problem was me. I had actually bought several extensions from DM's Guild that worked with and was based on SR's stuff. But had forgotten that I needed to go thru a separate procedure to get them to work with FGU....so was shocked when the update to a fresh install of FGU didn't just automatically install these as well.

That's my brain fart!! Thank you for the offer tho. Everything is working great now!!����✌

Glad it's all worked out, don't be afraid to ask for help. I know I have to often it's how I got to know as much as I do about all this stuff.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2023, 19:09
V1.53 - Bug - FGU underlying execution somehow shifted so that my end turn override didn't get applied anymore. Fixed.

Griogre
October 7th, 2023, 10:51
I picked this extension up earlier and noticed it does not have seem to have support for the Moon Druids 10th level feature: Elemental Wild Shape. This feature allows the Moon Druid to change into an Air, Earth, Fire or Water Elemental if they spend two uses of Wild Shape. My work around was to make a copy of the elementals and change their type to beast.

SilentRuin
October 7th, 2023, 21:56
I picked this extension up earlier and noticed it does not have seem to have support for the Moon Druids 10th level feature: Elemental Wild Shape. This feature allows the Moon Druid to change into an Air, Earth, Fire or Water Elemental if they spend two uses of Wild Shape. My work around was to make a copy of the elementals and change their type to beast.

Per documents this is supported. Unless you didn't read them and just did nothing to set the Elemental Wild Shape in abilities for Moon Druids as you normally do for a PC/NPC sheet, and just exepected it to "work" without anything but level 10 druid achieved. FGU does not work that way - and this extension works the way FGU data is supposed to be configured. In this case, the druid class under moon druid would have an elemental wild shape link your supposed to set in the abilities tab (PC) or main page (NPC) sheets.

You can research the description yourself in the .txt file listed on front page though it is listed in the forum discussions here at some point also.

MrDDT
October 8th, 2023, 08:28

It's working for me, did it not add the feature "Elemental Wild Shape"?

Griogre
October 9th, 2023, 06:23
I took a look at this in another campaign with the imported the druid PC and while it says the Drop down says "Wild Shape" it will take the Air, Earth, Fire and Water elementals. I thought I might have a conflict with another extension but it seems to work fine after I added them back. The party that had the original problem is in the middle of a fight and the Druid is in Elemental Shape with a lot of damage so I didn't want to mess with it until they finish a long rest.

Roach
November 24th, 2023, 23:54
I just picked up Scried Raven's "5E - Floating Character Sheet Tabs", and noticed it removes the Polymporph area from the Actions tab (5E, above Weapons). Not sure which ext would be easier to adjust, so posting this in both threads.
Tested on a clean 5E table w/ only these two exts active.

SilentRuin
November 24th, 2023, 23:59
I use the anchors your supposed to use to play nice with others. But if you don’t you will stomp on others sharing the sheet - not just me.

Not anything I can do to fix it. If you write extensions you should always realize others share the same space. If you don’t?

Then they will conflict.

SilentRuin
November 25th, 2023, 00:05
I use the anchors your supposed to use to play nice with others. But if you donít you will stomp on others sharing the sheet - not just me.

Not anything I can do to fix it. If you write extensions you should always realize others share the same space. If you donít?

Then they will conflict.

Also tabs have all sorts of rules on how they work - if you donít respect them you will wipe out tab data also.

Either way I canít control what other devs do (stomping stuff)

SilentRuin
November 25th, 2023, 18:36
V1.54 - Bug - Evidently the LIGHT effects that are transferred in Polymorphism never actually get triggered. Fixed - will call TokenManager.updateEffects after a new CT entry has been updated by poly. As DM this may create light where there was non before. For example, a torch effect is directly transferred to the NPC and back to the PC. If you don't want it on the NPC you'll have to disable it. Kind of catch 22 with no easy way to solve - but better the effect is doing what its supposed to than sitting there not doing anything until the effect line is updated, something is triggered to update all effects of CT entry, or session is restarted - as has been happening since day 1 of FGU lighting.

Not sure DMsG works anymore but its updated from my end. Forge will be when GP gets to it.

SilentRuin
November 27th, 2023, 04:28
I just picked up Scried Raven's "5E - Floating Character Sheet Tabs", and noticed it removes the Polymporph area from the Actions tab (5E, above Weapons). Not sure which ext would be easier to adjust, so posting this in both threads.
Tested on a clean 5E table w/ only these two exts active.

You may want to check with the author of that - as I don't use his extension but he has tested with poly and can't replicate it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67847-5E-Floating-Character-Sheet-Tabs&p=702613&viewfull=1#post702613

souzou
November 28th, 2023, 23:46
Thanks for this extension.

I've got it working but I have a small issue with tokens resizing. I have a large PC shapechanging to a large NPC, that works fine. When I shapechange back to the PC the token image resizes to medium/5ft. The space and reach (10ft/5ft) are retained but the image itself resizes.
If I then shapechange back to the NPC the token image is large again, but again going back to PC it shrinks back down.
Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Matt

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 00:10
Not sure I ever tried a large PC.

For an NPC its always getting it from the NPC list DB entries so you'd have to have it large for it to go back to large.

For a PC its going to be in the DB for characters - as long as its defined in there as large it should be returned to large I would think. I'll have to check it out.

Obviously if its set in the CT only then tis lost as explained in docs it gets things that are defined in DB with extra data I specfically add in. Size I don't recall if its one of them. As I said I'll have to check later today or tomorrow.

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 05:43
Thanks for this extension.

I've got it working but I have a small issue with tokens resizing. I have a large PC shapechanging to a large NPC, that works fine. When I shapechange back to the PC the token image resizes to medium/5ft. The space and reach (10ft/5ft) are retained but the image itself resizes.
If I then shapechange back to the NPC the token image is large again, but again going back to PC it shrinks back down.
Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Matt

Ok I see the same thing. I also see that if I simply play with setting notes size to large - it will shift back to medium on its own without polymorphism involved.

I have no idea what is doing this or why. I'll try to look at it later this week but does not appear to be just a polymorphism thing. PCs seem to like going back to medium somehow. Not sure the mechanism. If I place it from sheet as large it works when placed in map - but I deleted it and put it back and pretty sure saw it go back to medium. I suppose I can support storing the original size (providing it is not whacking that someplace else as I'm not setting medium anywhere in my code) but will have to see.

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 18:51
V1.55 - Bug/FGU change - basically as in 1.54 more than just light helpers must be triggered so having to update all attributes of token and then auto scale it also in order for all things to be placed correctly when recreating a PC/NPC programatically. No interest in figuring out why of this - just going to call the stuff that will update this sort of thing.

Basically FGU changed stuff at some point and all updates after placement of a new entry in CT programmatically have to be directly called by myself. Or so I assume - no desire to debug it so just making the addtional calls. Size of token should now be respected.

souzou
November 30th, 2023, 00:33
Great, yes working here now - also checked huge/gargantuan and all working fine.

Thanks for fixing so quickly!

Best,
Matt

Arnagus
December 17th, 2023, 13:03
Hello SilentRuin,

this is really a great extension and a big helper!

I have a small feature request: the official books (MPMM, IDRotF) use the action "Change Shape" instead of "Wild Shape" for NPCs. I repeatedly forgot to use the updated NPC (copied from the book into the campaign and renamed the action so it would be recognized by the extension); would it be possible to add "Change Shape" to the keywords to look for in NPC actions?

Many thanks!

SilentRuin
December 17th, 2023, 16:10
Hello SilentRuin,

this is really a great extension and a big helper!

I have a small feature request: the official books (MPMM, IDRotF) use the action "Change Shape" instead of "Wild Shape" for NPCs. I repeatedly forgot to use the updated NPC (copied from the book into the campaign and renamed the action so it would be recognized by the extension); would it be possible to add "Change Shape" to the keywords to look for in NPC actions?

Many thanks!

Change shape is also a spell so I’m not willing to add in that level of confusion in the code. You’ll have to just make a copy of those particular NPCs and edit that keyword in them. I’d also make sure that really is wildshape rules and not one of the other shapechanger/shapeshifter rules I supply. You can read up in these posts or in txt file on page one of what keywords I support and where they go in a PC or NPC sheet.

Specifically from .txt file on page one:

Polymorph Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will.

True Polymorph Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will. This supports special custom NPC types of "object" or "item". If you make a custom NPC that has a type of one of these it will be treated as an object by this and that other spells in polymorphism (won't be considered a creature). For example, making a chair NPC with whatever structural HP it would have or anything else with a chair token and a type of "object" or "item" would be respected as an object in this spell.

Animal Shapes Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is self or not of the same faction as the caster that target will be ignored. A special feature that supports the ability to change shapes while a current animal shapes spell concentration is in effect requires that the target list be an exact subset of the current Animal Shapes concentration effects in play. If it is, then only that subset will change without breaking the concentration and losing the others in that active spell. Otherwise, any deviation from the target subset will result in breaking the concentration of the others (reverting them back) and casting this new target list as a new animal shapes spell transformation.

Shapechange Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the almost the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Because of the nature of this spell and that you can still use your character features and spells at DM's discretion based on shape you took - this new sheet will have everything you need according to RAW 5E rules except those DM discretion things. When you go back to the original sheet it will also have a different label stating this sheet is for LIMTTED use at DM's discretion (unlike other reference sheets which state DO NOT USE). This is a self only spell and the special case allowing you to change shape while active is handled by going back to your source sheet where the NPC selection in this case will allow you to select a new NPC and hit the active button again (even though its highlighted already). If the NPC selection was different than the current one it will delete the Shapechange effect (reverting you back) and then transform you into the new NPC shape.

Shapechanger - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Shapeshifter - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. It will follow most polymorph spell rules on death where it will carry over the exceeded HP when it reverts back to its shape. Used more for allowing the DM to have unrestricted polymorph (some homebrew NPC/PC have this death revert behavior).

Wild Shape - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this in the newly created sheet after the wild shape takes effect. This is a self only thing so simply supports the active button switching back and forth.

Arnagus
December 17th, 2023, 17:23
That was a quick reply... clear on the confusion which is caused by spell vs. feature for NPCs.
As said: it's working (as long as I pick the right NPC) so no issue. And yes: those two are "Wild Shape" indeed, and with this keyword, it also applies the correct rules.

SilentRuin
December 17th, 2023, 17:25
That was a quick reply... clear on the confusion which is caused by spell vs. feature for NPCs.
As said: it's working (as long as I pick the right NPC) so no issue. And yes: those two are "Wild Shape" indeed, and with this keyword, it also applies the correct rules.

I recommend you look at the snippet from text file I just amended to my last reply to make sure it is the "death" rules you actually want applied.

Arnagus
December 18th, 2023, 00:45
Since those are Druids - yes, the Wild Shape death rules apply as well.
Thanks for summarizing here all options

Arghun
December 26th, 2023, 23:15
It seems the extension that's hosted on DMSGUILD is still 1.53.

That's the one I can download from there.

Is there any issue with my DMSGuild Library not showing 1.56 or did you forget to update it there (or was there a hiccup on their end)?

I wish I could transfer my DMS purchases to the FGU store but it seems there is no option for that :/

Thanks!

SilentRuin
December 26th, 2023, 23:19
DMsG is busted for .ext updates - they’ve known about it for over a month no resolution yet to my knowledge.

MrDDT
December 26th, 2023, 23:24
Email DMsG
Iíve done it but the more we got doing the better chance it can get fixed

Arghun
December 26th, 2023, 23:46
Thanks, will do!

Arghun
December 27th, 2023, 00:12
Ended up purchasing it from the Forge, don't want to bother with DMSGuild anymore.

I got 1.56 now but get an error message with Poly when opening a PC or NPC (and extension doesn't show on sheet).

Created a druid that's level 5 and nothing.

Script execution error: [String "W:char_polymorphism":3: attempts to call a field 'setCallback' ( a nil value)

Brand new campaign.

Extensions that are loaded:
Map Parcel v 1.51
Polymorphism v 1.56
Combat Groups v 1.59
Equipped Effects v 1.66

Any idea what might be causing this?

SilentRuin
December 27th, 2023, 04:17
Ended up purchasing it from the Forge, don't want to bother with DMSGuild anymore.

I got 1.56 now but get an error message with Poly when opening a PC or NPC (and extension doesn't show on sheet).

Script execution error: [String "W:char_polymorphism":3: attempts to call a field 'setCallback' ( a nil value)

Brand new campaign.

Map Parcel v 1.51
Polymorphism v 1.56
Combat Groups v 1.59
Equipped Effects v 1.66

Sounds like you have a conflict someplace maybe? You'll have to trial and error which extension it is as I can't duplicate this. Though making sure your extensions are all up to date (and none from DMsG as we know those don't update right now) before you try this would be the way to go. Any you still have from DMsG I'd start with removing them first.

Otherwise, I could not duplicate. Works with existing things - also worked when I used character wizard (with my advantagesCW and 5eAE supplemental data modules) to create a level 5 druid with circle of the moon - though it has to be placed in CT and the tab usually needs to be switched back and forth if it does not initially show up (if you had the sheet already up).

Gist is it tells me something is conflicting - as I play it safe in my calls to insure I don't stomp others code where possible there is not much I can do about that.

MrDDT
December 27th, 2023, 06:08

Brand new campaign.

Map Parcel v 1.51
Polymorphism v 1.56
Combat Groups v 1.59
Equipped Effects v 1.66

I just tested this with those exts, using those versions on a 5th level druid and not getting the error. Can you offer anymore info?

Also you can contact me on Grim Press discord

https://discord.gg/grimpress

Normally a lot easier there if you can get to real time feedback and post pictures etc, if you are able to do that.

Leprekorn
December 27th, 2023, 08:26
Did you delete the previous version from your ext folder before installing the 1 from DMsGuild

SilentRuin
December 27th, 2023, 19:54
Did you delete the previous version from your ext folder before installing the 1 from DMsGuild

DMsG is out of date per bug discussion earlier.

Arghun
December 27th, 2023, 20:00
What I have is really weird. I just recreated a brand new campaign.

Modules loaded: PhB + D&D Phandelver Shattered Obelisk

Extension loaded: Polymorphism

I get the error message at character creation now ... I did make a druid and got the error pop up :-(

I'm gonna investigate since an old campaign of mine where I have a druid doesn't give me any error.

Need to rule out the D&D Phandelver module (although I wouldn't understand why it would create an issue).

I'll get back to you on this thread with my findings

Arghun
December 27th, 2023, 20:06
I just joined the Grim Press discord. Pseudo is Arghun (same as here on the forum).

SilentRuin
December 27th, 2023, 20:09
What I have is really weird. I just recreated a brand new campaign.

Modules loaded: PhB + D&D Phandelver Shattered Obelisk

Extension loaded: Polymorphism

I get the error message at character creation now ... I did make a druid and got the error pop up :-(

I'm gonna investigate since an old campaign of mine where I have a druid doesn't give me any error.

Need to rule out the D&D Phandelver module (although I wouldn't understand why it would create an issue).

I'll get back to you on this thread with my findings

I just created a new campaign with the modules I use - not Phandelver - and only poly - and created druid 5 human circle of moon in character wizard - no issues when poly into rat.

Arghun
December 27th, 2023, 20:23
Yeah it's very weird, I just loaded my previous campaign and everything is fine there.

Running different test scenarios now

Arghun
December 27th, 2023, 20:56
I isolate the issue with a theme I have slightly modified based on the FG Leather one where the only things I did was to edit and change the GM token icon for the chat and added a different dice tower (as far as I remember I didn't add/modify any script to it).

Seems like I changed to load order of my theme extension to 999...

PhB only: create druid 5, exit session, load Poly => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB only + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB + LMoPSO + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB + LMoPSO + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB, exit session, add my theme extension =>NOK (load order 999)

Changed load order of my theme to 50 from 999 and everything works fine.

Problem solved...

Have to understand the overload process when extensions load I guess :-)

SilentRuin
December 27th, 2023, 21:43
I isolate the issue with a theme I have slightly modified based on the FG Leather one where the only things I did was to edit and change the GM token icon for the chat and added a different dice tower (as far as I remember I didn't add/modify any script to it).

Seems like I changed to load order of my theme extension to 999...

PhB only: create druid 5, exit session, load Poly => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB only + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB + LMoPSO + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB =>OK
PhB + LMoPSO + Poly: create druid 5 => extension shows on ACTION TAB, exit session, add my theme extension =>NOK (load order 999)

Changed load order of my theme to 50 from 999 and everything works fine.

Problem solved...

Have to understand the overload process when extensions load I guess :-)

Basically when you write an extension - you make sure you always realize you are sharing everything potentially with others - so you insure anything you override (if possible) calls the original code before or after. Otherwise you stomp whatever the others may be doing and break the code. Conflict is what its called. I always insure I call the original and am aware I'm playing in a shared sandbox so if your load order is below mine - you'll be safe as I play nice. If you are higher - and don't play nice - you will break others. As in this case likely.

Silian
December 28th, 2023, 00:48
Does this extension allow for circumventing the standard Wildshape rules? I have some custom class features for a character that can both wild shape into higher level creatures, and into non-beasts. This extension looks great, but if it won't allow me to circumvent that rule, then it won't work for my campaign. Any information on that would be great.

Thank you

Arghun
December 28th, 2023, 02:54
Totally agreed, I'm rusty and was playing with fire. Will be a lot more cautious in the future!

MrDDT
December 28th, 2023, 03:13
Does this extension allow for circumventing the standard Wildshape rules? I have some custom class features for a character that can both wild shape into higher level creatures, and into non-beasts. This extension looks great, but if it won't allow me to circumvent that rule, then it won't work for my campaign. Any information on that would be great.

Thank you

Yes you can, it has 2 options that will allow the GM to turn those forced rules on from 5E and you can choose how you want to handle it (AKA allows anything you want)