PDA

View Full Version : Update and download trouble. Please help!

Beetle
August 18th, 2020, 02:27

Hello!
I was recently having troubles with Fantasy grounds updating, so i uninstalled and tried to reinstall, but it will not download on to my computer. I have tried downloading on three computers to no avail. I have also tried disabling firewall and antivirus, restarting my router, updating my computer, I have searched the forums and contacted customer support (who suggested posting on the forum), and nothing has worked. I will link pictures to the error messages I receive when I try to log in and download.
Any help is appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out :)

-Beetle

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2020, 03:35
Hey Beetle, welcome to the forums.

Usually Network Timeout errors are due to security on your computer or network blocking the update/download. Please check the security/anti-virus/firewalls on your computer. If you have any exceptions for FG, delete them and recreate them. Also check those places to make sure FG is not blocked.

If that doesn't work, can you let us know your operating system, security software, firewall, etc?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2020, 08:49
Also if your ISP is one of these then that is likely to be the problem https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Beetle
August 20th, 2020, 02:25

Usually Network Timeout errors are due to security on your computer or network blocking the update/download. Please check the security/anti-virus/firewalls on your computer. If you have any exceptions for FG, delete them and recreate them. Also check those places to make sure FG is not blocked.

If that doesn't work, can you let us know your operating system, security software, firewall, etc?

Thanks!

Hello! I deleted the firewall exception and then downloaded and it worked! Thank you so much!!

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2020, 05:46
Hello! I deleted the firewall exception and then downloaded and it worked! Thank you so much!!
Great news. Happy gaming!

Beetle
August 30th, 2020, 06:51

Thanks!

Hello again. I was in the middle of a session when I got kicked out and it said "could not connect to host". I also logged me out of FGC. I tried doing everything I had tried before, restarting my router, logging in, deleting and recreating firewall exceptions, and then i had another problem. When I tried to uninstall FGC, the FGU installer kept popping up so I deleted every single file for Fantasy Grounds that I had on my computer and tried to reinstall. I am still getting the network timeout errors when I try to log in and now FGC wont install at all. It isnt the ISP, I checked. Fantasy Grounds is not blocked on any part of my computer. I have Windows10, i use windows Firewall, and have general windows security. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
-Beetle

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2020, 07:48
Who is your ISP?

Beetle
August 30th, 2020, 15:12
Who is your ISP?

It is Xfinity but I don’t have Advanced Security.

Beetle
August 30th, 2020, 15:15
I followed the instructions on the other thread and I checked.

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2020, 16:17
My bet is still on X-finity being the problem - especially because it works and then it doesn't work. The security thing has to be enabled every 30 days as far as I know. Other than that the culprit could be your anti virus or something like parental control or flood protection on your router.

Beetle
August 30th, 2020, 23:25
You were right, it was X-finity. I went somewhere and connected to a different ISP and it downloaded in about a minute with no troubles at all. I wonder why my roomates worked and mine didn't, either way, I will go back in and take care of the security thing.
Thank you so much for your help!