PDA

View Full Version : campaign and modules

Ricboy
April 28th, 2007, 13:11
This is not directly related to FGII, I'm still newb with FG and wondering... if I'm correct In FGI I could prepare parts of my campaign and export them in modules then when I would be ready to use one I would just open it. To acheive that I had to put my exported modules in the modules folder which is accesible by all campaigns, not just the one it is ment to. Also I had to put the tokens related to that module directly in my tokens folder of my campaign folder...

Ending up with a module accesible by all campaign but tokens only accesible by the specific campaign.

Was there or is there now a way to create modules accesible by all campaigns including tokens and a way to create modules accesible only by a specific campaign? How do I organize my modules and tokens?

Thanks!

Griogre
April 28th, 2007, 18:45
Ricboy I have not explored this thoroughly, but when you export a module you can drag and drop tokens into the module export at the very bottom of the export page. Now you just have to type /export and it pops up a "module export window". As far as I can tell the old syntex /export FileName Module Name with Spaces - is meaning less as it just pops the export window. I have not really made a module with tokens in them though I did just drag and dropped a few tokens on the page but couldn't figure how to get them off.

Because of my current token setup I have not messed with this much as I was just re-exporting all my existing modules so they would be available with for my games last night and today. However including tokens with the modules, if it works as expected, this *does* seem the way to go for organizing tokens by module.

Ricboy
April 28th, 2007, 19:23
I'll explore that today and post my result

Ricboy
April 29th, 2007, 18:00
I copied a module I had for my campaign in the modules folder, we'll 3 modules actually and when I opened them in FGII they got merged togother, there were no tab ffor each module in the story or other places... is this because they are FGI module?

Griogre
April 30th, 2007, 02:10
Ricboy, I think there is a problem with tabs and modules in general in FG2. As far as imported FG1 modules to convert them you need to unzip them so they are a campaign. Then copy the campaign folder into the campaigns in FG2. Start FG2 with the old FG1 campaign, and then re-export it as a module. You should then be good to go.