PDA

View Full Version : Limit on \images folder?

dunadan
August 17th, 2020, 04:33
Hi

I am having an issue with maps from the \images folder not being presented as an option under the Maps & Images selection.

Is there a limit to the number of images that can be stored in the \images subfolder? Or a limit to total folder size?

The file is definitely in the folder. When I attempt to use "Import File" and browse to the image I get the following error in the console.log

[8/17/2020 11:29:22 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_custom1"]:12: addImageFile: A file with the same name already exists in the campaign images folder.

Thanks

LordEntrails
August 17th, 2020, 04:49
same name already exists

Try using a new name. Also, do not use file names with special characters or double spaces.

dunadan
August 17th, 2020, 04:56
I already tried renaming the file. Still doesn't appear as a selecteable option. Tried reducing the file size as well (down to approx 200 kb with the new name). Still doesn't display.

Just tried dropping a couple of new jpg's into the folder and they are also not displayed.

LordEntrails
August 17th, 2020, 05:04
Exit FG and restart?
Make sure the files are in RGB and not CMYK formst?

dunadan
August 17th, 2020, 05:33
Multiple exits and restarts...
- disabled all extensions
- deleted several files from \image folder (this was when I was thinking it might be capacity issues)
- have added multiple files (standard jpg) to \image folder... none are appearing as available choices

mmm... this getting interesting (serious?)... I created a whole new campaign. All folders are created correctly., but when I drop my jpg's into the (new campaign) \images folder they are not visible.

Sulimo
August 17th, 2020, 05:42
I am pretty sure you need to add the images to the FGUDataFolder\Images, not <campaign>\images.

From there you pick them up from the Assets button (instead of Images and Maps). Drag them from Assets to the Images & maps window.

See this page (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950633/Working+with+Images+as+the+GM).

dunadan
August 17th, 2020, 05:46
Aahh... problem solved.. was trying to do it the same as I did in FGC... RTFM *face palm!* !!

Thanks Sulimo