PDA

View Full Version : Will an upgrade to v2.0 ruin my custome ruleset?

Zakarius
April 28th, 2007, 12:52
I spent at least 100 hours making a ruleset for my 1st FG game (which is almost at an end). I've already started working on further tweaks for my upcoming game and just want to check if downloading & installing FG 2 will interfere with our being able to finish the original game... Anyone know FOR SURE?

Zakarius

The High Druid
April 28th, 2007, 13:01
From what I have read you will almost certainly have to modify/rewrite portions of your ruleset for it to work in FG2 properly, but the only way to find out is to download and try it. The good news is that both programs will run side-by-side so you can download and install FG2, inport your ruleset in to try it, and still run your old game in FG1.

Zakarius
April 28th, 2007, 13:05
From what I have read you will almost certainly have to modify/rewrite portions of your ruleset for it to work in FG2 properly, but the only way to find out is to download and try it. The good news is that both programs will run side-by-side so you can download and install FG2, inport your ruleset in to try it, and still run your old game in FG1.

Thanks... glad to hear that the newer version won't overwrite anything...

Zakarius

Cantstanzya
April 28th, 2007, 14:17
Thanks... glad to hear that the newer version won't overwrite anything...

ZakariusYes, this was a very good decision by the guys at Smite Works to allow a side by side install of the two different products. Talk about forward thinking.