PDA

View Full Version : SSL Issues

shezingzh
August 16th, 2020, 20:20
My SSL issue began about 2 months ago and has been constant. I had first thought it was FG and sent a ton of reports in. I then thought it was google/ googlechrome, that was not it. Then I began research on win7 SSL and found it was their security updates. I thought I had it resolved after clearing the SSL state, and unchecking the SSL 1.0 2.0 and all the TLS.That did not resolve the problem.

I began further testing and while having FGU (Ultimate) up and running I did a Microsoft Office 2010 security update. This update sure enough caused an SSL issue in real time in FGU and disconnected me completely from the server. I attempted to modify the registry by removing the "authroot/certificates" bad idea. This actually stopped me from connecting to FGU with a constant SSL even after a hard reboot.

I did a registry repair, and was able to connect back to FGU and now I am back from where I started.

Important Note: I only receive the SSL issue when I do a "check for update" and or after completing a campaign for my players.

After logging in and loading up a campaign and completing a single campaign and if I try to start another campaign I will actually get the SSL issue in full without "checking for update". I have to perform a hard reboot which for some reason clears something maybe in temp memory and I can connect using "check for update" with no SSL. After closing the program and doing "check for update I get the SSL issue.

My ISP is Cox Cable. I did check the account on their website and did not find anything that would stop me from having this SSL issue. I truly believe it is something that has been added by Microsoft into the registry.

To test my theory - I set up a temporary test machine with the same OS loaded the bare minimum programs including the same Microsoft Office. Did no security updates. Installed FGU and found that FGU runs with no SSL issues.

Does anyone have a clue where the SSL issue lies, is it in a Microsoft security update, is it in their control panel, or is it in their registry hidden somewhere.