PDA

View Full Version : Is it difficult to reveal toolbar

Sigurd
April 28th, 2007, 05:21
So many other applications I run expand to the whole screen but leave the desktop toolbar visible. I run 1200x1600 and when I expand the main window I lose all the function slots below the desktop toolbar.

Is this a hard fix?

Sigurd

Cantstanzya
April 28th, 2007, 05:48
I have several applications that I have this problem with, fantasy grounds being one of them. What I do is just don't go full screen. I will just expand the window manually so that it is maximized on my screen. Most likely this is what you do as well. I would like to see this fixed, but I imagine if it were easy to fix it probably would have been done by now. I'd be interested to hear from the developers on this issue, but I would tend to think that it would be far down the roadmap.

blondejohn
April 28th, 2007, 05:49
siguard,
I had this problem with FG1. I fixed it by allowing my toolbar sections to be adjustable. (right click on the toolbar>properties>"fix icons on taskbar (L)". (This might be different in english, I'm using a japanese version of Windows). Do this and then click on the toolbar once before maximizing the FG screen. The toolbar should disappear. If I didn't do this, the windows toolbar acted like it was set to "always on top".

Sigurd
April 28th, 2007, 06:18
The problem is I do want access to the toolbar inside of the game. Its essential for flipping from FG to my browser and PDF resources.

Perhaps a windowed switch....? Something so I can maximize it but still have my toolbar. I now carefully move the window to the top of the screen then pull the other corner down. Its reliable and I'm not suffering but I must have repeated this action 200+ times.

I'm sure other people are in the same boat.

Sigurd

Ablefish
April 28th, 2007, 07:32
What I like to do with applications that behave this way is to hide the taskbar (either let it sit behind, or just drag it flat down)... and then use the little used Windows key to bring it back up.

There's always Alt-Tab to move between your open PDFs as well.

blondejohn
April 28th, 2007, 08:29
Looks like this is a known issue with FG1 that still prevails in FG2.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=79346

The High Druid
April 28th, 2007, 12:37
I don't use FG full screen for the same reason, instead I just expand the window manually. Would be nice if it remembered the window size as other programs do, but it's not too much of a bother to drag it out to size.