PDA

View Full Version : Strange Chat Bug

Iceman
August 16th, 2020, 11:27
Just experiencing this strange bug now while trying to create a STORY for my game. FGU/5E.
Entered text to spam to players and made it paragraph frame chat type which I have used many times. So far all is well. Clicked on dialogue button and it put text into chat, as it should. Then I created a second paragraph but enclosed that one in quotes. The paragraph began and ended with quotes. Suddenly the prior paragraph still worked but the one it quotes did not. The cursor did NOT turn into a little hand and could not be clicked, dragged or otherwise put into chat. Thought it might have to do with quotes but I have recreated both paragraphs twice now and it appears to be almost random. Now, with two unquoted paragraphs and two with quotes and ALL set to dispense to chat, only ONE of the four actually works.
Ummmm....Im lost. Not sure what is going on here.

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2020, 11:50
Can we see a screenshot since I can't figure out what you mean.

Also what ruleset is this and is it in Classic or Unity.

Iceman
August 20th, 2020, 12:41
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I havent had much time for FG this week. It appears to have been some kind of memory issue as I just went into my campaign and clicked on the chat button next to all the texts in my story. Three of them were not working when I posted this, but they all work fine now. I had been doing several hours of updates in FG at the time, so as I said, it appears to have been a strange memory error that has gone away.