PDA

View Full Version : Savage Rifts Feedback and Issues

Pages : [1] 2

GunbunnyFuFu
August 15th, 2020, 18:47
Greetings! As this has been submitted to SmiteWorks, I thought I'd go ahead and open up a thread for feedback for the Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. I'll be checking this thread for issues once the product releases, hopefully within 2-3 weeks. There are some things to note:

Savage Worlds Ruleset on Fantasy Grounds does not support 2 Arcane Backgrounds, sadly. I doubt that it ever will. In the interim, however, it is possible to link powers to skills, meaning we can get around some of the limitations provided by not having space for two arcane backgrounds. I'll be posting how to do this shortly. The only thing that is required will be maintaining the 2nd Arcane Background Power Points (be they ISP or PPE in the Rifts setting) on the Notes tab. I'm going to attempt to figure out how to add a place where to add the ability to track the 2nd Power Point totals and current amount. Just a place to put the numbers. The extension that goes with it has the Theme (created by Mortani), and the Techno-Wizardry Arcane Background as well as the "Super Strength" table for Savage Rifts that differs from stock Savage Worlds.

Anyway...enough rambling. I'll be monitoring this thread for feedback and any issues.

GBFF

Baufrin
August 17th, 2020, 07:01
About time.

IceBear
August 21st, 2020, 10:04
It wasn't until last week or so that Palladium gave permission to allow it to be released

GunbunnyFuFu
August 21st, 2020, 13:39
The completed module has been uploaded and is in Quality Assurance now. Hopefully it'll get through there quickly.

Mortani
August 31st, 2020, 17:18
Looking forward to this!!!

adrian gideon
September 11th, 2020, 05:26
Any news? :D

GunbunnyFuFu
September 11th, 2020, 11:42
Sadly, no news yet. It's in the queue to be released after review.

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
September 17th, 2020, 01:27

Screenshot of the theme (by Mortani) and the module's library entry....

YggBjorn
September 17th, 2020, 03:13
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39421&stc=1&d=1600308568

adrian gideon
September 25th, 2020, 07:40

Screenshot of the theme (by Mortani) and the module's library entry....

Looks great! How's the review going? Any ETA?

GunbunnyFuFu
September 26th, 2020, 20:26
Passed through QA and now into the next step.

GBFF

esmdev
September 26th, 2020, 20:37
Passed through QA and now into the next step.

GBFF

Are you planning to do the other books as well?

GunbunnyFuFu
September 26th, 2020, 21:56
Absolutely! I'm working on these right now!

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
September 29th, 2020, 17:24
Now available in the store!!

esmdev
September 29th, 2020, 18:48
Now available in the store!!

Most excellent! :)

GunbunnyFuFu
September 29th, 2020, 22:37
If you have any feedback, please let me know. The extension is still a work in progress.

GBFF

YggBjorn
September 29th, 2020, 23:39
Does it require the Sci-Fi companion to be loaded?

esmdev
September 29th, 2020, 23:43
Does it require the Sci-Fi companion to be loaded?

According to the sales info:

Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Full or Ultimate license and a one time purchase of the Savage Worlds ruleset. Compatible with Fantasy Grounds Unity or Fantasy Grounds Classic

GunbunnyFuFu
September 29th, 2020, 23:49
It should not need it.

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
September 30th, 2020, 09:32
Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on learning how to code so that I can add the Iconic Frameworks button and auto-population of Iconic Framework abilities to the character sheet. I'll get the Races setup so that they appear on the sidebar. I'll also let Mortani know about the issues with the theme.

GBFF

esmdev
September 30th, 2020, 18:03
Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on learning how to code so that I can add the Iconic Frameworks button and auto-population of Iconic Framework abilities to the character sheet. I'll get the Races setup so that they appear on the sidebar. I'll also let Mortani know about the issues with the theme.

GBFF

I definitely feel that automatically populating abilities is a must have for modern rulesets. It's to bad that there hasn't been more of a response in your other thread where you asked about it. I haven't had to much time to look in-depth into the extension/module but hopefully will this weekend.

Also someone asked if it required the sci-fi companion, and it doesn't, but is there anything you can think of that would interfere with it, or the horror companion, fantasy, etc.?

GunbunnyFuFu
September 30th, 2020, 18:57
I agree fully. There is a lot that I'd love for this to do, but unfortunately free time is limited. It comes down to this...do I work on converting other Savage Rifts products with the time alloted that I work on conversions, or do I try to learn how to write the code necessary to autopopulate abilities. I do have some code that Ikael provided, however, I've not had time to try to figure out how to implement it. I've bumped it a few times, but hearing nothing but crickets on it.

As far as I know, none of the companions will interfere. The Savage Rifts extension takes care of Strain as well as cyberware, etc.

GBFF

YggBjorn
September 30th, 2020, 22:33
I am slowly learning how to code and am looking in to implementing an extension into a module I am converting. No guarantees on if I can shine any light on it, but I would gladly take a look at the code and try to make sense of it.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 1st, 2020, 00:34
OK! I might take you up on that...haven't had much time this week to really sit down and study!

GBFF

McSquizzy
October 1st, 2020, 01:15
It looks good and is minimally functional, so a good start :) I second Esmdev that auto-loading data is almost a must. I know you're working on it, just wanted to provide a second point of view.
On the topic of data, are you planning on including the gear list from TLPG? Adding it manually is possible, but has two downsides that I see - the first is simply that people are lazy (myself included) and don't want to do it :P That aside, it would be nice to have the rules references (such as Ion, Heavy Pulse, etc) included in the Notes and visible without having to click into the item.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 1st, 2020, 01:23
Gear list from TLPG is there? If you go to Items on the sidebar, you can pull up the items there, or find the link to it in the reference manual, unless you mean something else? In addition, in the Reference manual (which is the rules reference), you can find Common Gear Notes that contain Heavy Pulse, Heavy Beam, and 3 RB. I can probably add what appears in the notes about ion weapon types and how they work, laser weapons, etc. etc. if there is enough call for it.

GBFF

McSquizzy
October 1st, 2020, 01:30
Gear list from TLPG is there? If you go to Items on the sidebar, you can pull up the items there, or find the link to it in the reference manual, unless you mean something else? In addition, in the Reference manual (which is the rules reference), you can find Common Gear Notes that contain Heavy Pulse, Heavy Beam, and 3 RB. I can probably add what appears in the notes about ion weapon types and how they work, laser weapons, etc. etc. if there is enough call for it.

GBFF

Maybe something didn't load right on my end, then. When I go to the Ranged Weapons list, for example, I do not see any of the Ion, Plasma, Particle Beam, or Laser weapons. Same for armors - I just see the base SWADE set of items.

McSquizzy
October 1st, 2020, 01:31
Maybe something didn't load right on my end, then. When I go to the Ranged Weapons list, for example, I do not see any of the Ion, Plasma, Particle Beam, or Laser weapons. Same for armors - I just see the base SWADE set of items.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot - the TLPG wasn't loaded :cry:

Having manged to pull my foot out of my mouth, I can now see the items are indeed there, and have the notes I was expecting :P Apologies, I'm somewhat new.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 1st, 2020, 01:32
No worries!!! Had me concerned there for a moment!

GBFF

McSquizzy
October 1st, 2020, 02:15
This may be another instance of me being a noob, but there doesn't seem to be any way to change the base Pace values. I can add modifiers to the base Pace (so +2 gets me to 8), but I can't change the running die.

Although, loading the base SW sheet, it looks like this is an issue borrowed from that. Makes it harder to set up a Cyber-knight, though. Am I missing something?

YggBjorn
October 1st, 2020, 03:22
If you do a single right click while hovering over the number in the Pace box and choose Modifiers, or double-click the number in the Pace box, it will open a window that you can drag and drop a die on to set the running die.

McSquizzy
October 1st, 2020, 04:43
If you do a single right click while hovering over the number in the Pace box and choose Modifiers, or double-click the number in the Pace box, it will open a window that you can drag and drop a die on to set the running die.

That is so not intuitive, lol. I had gotten to the modifiers window, but dragging a die onto the running die is not something I would have ever thought of.

Thanks!

esmdev
October 2nd, 2020, 16:13
The drag and drop for races works great and fills in the abilities, but many of these abilities don't effect the character. For instance a race that has stat adjustments doesn't adjust the stats. This is pretty easy to add, for instance in notes for genetic engineering on Altaran adding [Agility +1d, Strength +1d, Vigor +1d] does the trick and updates the character sheet.

Also, drag and drop for copying purposes doesn't work within the D-Bees and Mutants window, the only way to copy a record to unlock and test ideas on is to drag it into the race window.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 2nd, 2020, 18:40
OK! Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at this and I'll add the effects to the races. I've changed the way that I've dislayed races in the module, so that may clear up the second issue.

GBFF

dmontgomery32
October 2nd, 2020, 23:34
I'm brand new to Savage Worlds (but a long time 5e / FG user). It appears the extension is only loading for "Savage World" which is loading Savage Worlds Adventure and is not giving me anything other than the TLPG. If I start a campaign with SWD, I get the Savage Worlds core rules, but not the TLPG extension.

I'm sure it is me, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Talyn
October 3rd, 2020, 03:19
Not sure how @Gunbunnyfufu ended up setting the rulesets for the final version, but since Savage Rifts is currently only published for SWADE, it's probably only set to be visible within that ruleset. The original plan was to publish both SWD and SWADE versions but PEG has pulled the SWD one from availability, thus it is not permitted on FG either.

dmontgomery32
October 3rd, 2020, 15:49
Not sure how @Gunbunnyfufu ended up setting the rulesets for the final version, but since Savage Rifts is currently only published for SWADE, it's probably only set to be visible within that ruleset. The original plan was to publish both SWD and SWADE versions but PEG has pulled the SWD one from availability, thus it is not permitted on FG either.

Well, that kinda sucks because I bought what was listed (I thought) and now I can't use it :(

dmontgomery32
October 3rd, 2020, 15:58
I didn't realize SWADE was the most current edition of SW. I'll buy it now. Oh well, only $10 for SWD

esmdev
October 3rd, 2020, 16:01
Well, that kinda sucks because I bought what was listed (I thought) and now I can't use it :(

SWD/SWADE are old, new and exclusive from one another.

If you just recently bought the Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition (SWD) you can get a refund for that and buy the Savage World Adventure Edition (SWADE) which is the current edition, they are the same price and it will run Savage Rifts.

SWD sort of has SWADE functionality but doesn't include the core rule modules, so switching to SWADE should fix that.

Talyn
October 3rd, 2020, 16:20
@Ikael can correct me if I'm mistaken on this, but I believe if you purchase either SWD or SWADE you actually get both rulesets, but only the books for the one you purchased.

SWADE is the latest edition of the game, but the vast majority of products (both real and virtual) are for Deluxe (SWD) since that's what was around for a decade-ish. There are official conversion guide PDFs available for some settings, and a handful of them have been implemented here on FG as well. However, both Pinnacle and SmiteWorks want the future focus to be on SWADE content. For example, when I finish my 'summer break' and resume the Lankhmar products, only the SWADE versions will be published on FG, not both (primarily because that's twice the work on my end for the exact same commission). I was just assigned Fear Agent, and that will also be only the SWADE edition. Same with Weird War I. The only exceptions will be what already exists (the current Lankhmar DLC all have both SWD and SWADE in one package), Beasts & Barbarians and (in progress) Nemezis, but the latter two are GRAmel not Pinnacle so I have to follow what they want.

dmontgomery32
October 3rd, 2020, 19:40
Thanks All. I purchased SWADE and all is working now. I've been a D&D GM with FG for a long time, so I'm kinda spoiled by that :) But I'm an old school 1990s Rifts player (love those Juicers!) and I am really excited to start up a new Rifts campaign.

I really should have investigated what was the "current" game system, this was my error.

Thanks everyone for the help. Now to go look at SWADE extensions (I live for extensions)

tedrion
October 3rd, 2020, 20:19
I've noticed everything is super locked down. Even after I've added an ability from a Framework to the character sheet, I can't edit it. There is no room for homebrew or customization for personal games on this. Is this intentional?

I get I can just make a new ability, and type the entire thing out. But this is the first Fantasy Grounds product I've encountered that is forcing me to do this.

Update: I figured out how to make custom edges by copying the ones in SRPG..that was my derp.

tedrion
October 3rd, 2020, 21:18
I noticed that Strain starts at 4. Shouldn't that be Zero?

Talyn
October 3rd, 2020, 23:14
I've noticed everything is super locked down. Even after I've added an ability from a Framework to the character sheet, I can't edit it. There is no room for homebrew or customization for personal games on this. Is this intentional?

I get I can just make a new ability, and type the entire thing out. But this is the first Fantasy Grounds product I've encountered that is forcing me to do this.

Policy for all retail DLC is that "reference data" (ie. sourcebooks, not adventures) are set to read-only so that the original published version is always available. To edit any read-only record, simply drop it into its own window to make a local copy and edit the copy. So to make a copy of an Edge (since that was the topic above), open the master Edges window, grab the one you want and drop it right back into the Edges window.

That should be the case for all retail DLC in all rulesets for reference data only! Adventures are always editable so that GMs can tweak for their sessions.

esmdev
October 4th, 2020, 01:16
Policy for all retail DLC is that "reference data" (ie. sourcebooks, not adventures) are set to read-only so that the original published version is always available. To edit any read-only record, simply drop it into its own window to make a local copy and edit the copy. So to make a copy of an Edge (since that was the topic above), open the master Edges window, grab the one you want and drop it right back into the Edges window.

That should be the case for all retail DLC in all rulesets for reference data only! Adventures are always editable so that GMs can tweak for their sessions.

Iconic Frameworks cannot be drag and drop copied.

Also there isn't a way to add a new Iconic Framework.

Talyn
October 4th, 2020, 02:10
Iconic Frameworks cannot be drag and drop copied.

Also there isn't a way to add a new Iconic Framework.

That is next on @Gunbunnyfufu's list when he returns from vacation next week. I said I would assist (the little I can) if he needs it.

dmontgomery32
October 4th, 2020, 16:53
I'm trying to make a home-brew module with all the Coalition stuff from Savage Foes of North America.

Again, I'm totally and completely new to this ruleset, but I've been around FG for several years. I cannot figure out how to make anything other than a custom mundane item. The best I have been able to do is copy a weapon, then clear it all out, then fill it in.

I am no expert at XML, Lua, etc (I really wish I were....I love extensions) and I'm sure I could create these this way. Does anyone have any tips for doing this through the UI?

Many Thanks!!

tedrion
October 4th, 2020, 17:02
That is next on @Gunbunnyfufu's list when he returns from vacation next week. I said I would assist (the little I can) if he needs it.

The iconic framework was what I was struggling with. Good to know it’s on the list.

tedrion
October 4th, 2020, 17:05
I'm trying to make a home-brew module with all the Coalition stuff from Savage Foes of North America.

Again, I'm totally and completely new to this ruleset, but I've been around FG for several years. I cannot figure out how to make anything other than a custom mundane item. The best I have been able to do is copy a weapon, then clear it all out, then fill it in.

I am no expert at XML, Lua, etc (I really wish I were....I love extensions) and I'm sure I could create these this way. Does anyone have any tips for doing this through the UI?

Many Thanks!!

Open up any of the windows for NPCs, items, powers, etc. Drag anything from that window and immediately drop it back in the same window. This creates a copy of that item. Now you can edit that item.

The only thing this doesn’t work for is the Iconic Frameworks.

YggBjorn
October 4th, 2020, 21:20
Another option is to check out the Savage Worlds Enhanced Library extension. It was made by Ikael and is the same extension used to create official Savage Worlds modules for Fantasy Grounds. It is pretty easy to understand once you have samples of the basic code used. I would be happy to provide samples, however you can find them in the scripts in the tutorial folder if you unzip the extension and poke around.

dmontgomery32
October 5th, 2020, 21:18
Another option is to check out the Savage Worlds Enhanced Library extension. It was made by Ikael and is the same extension used to create official Savage Worlds modules for Fantasy Grounds. It is pretty easy to understand once you have samples of the basic code used. I would be happy to provide samples, however you can find them in the scripts in the tutorial folder if you unzip the extension and poke around.

THANKS!! I've been playing around with this and it will absolutely make this easier!! I still have a lot to figure out (like making a link to a weapon defined in the same module), but this is a great start.

If you have any examples, that would be awesome. I've looked at the 3 in the tutorials folder. Now it is just a matter of trial and error LOL :)

Talyn
October 5th, 2020, 21:29
If you have any examples, that would be awesome.

Note that as far as I'm aware SWEL won't build the Iconic Frameworks either.

For examples, the only SWEL source markdown I've seen so far is my own. :) Take a look at Eberron for Savage Worlds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50355-Eberron-for-Savage-Worlds); I included the SWEL markdown I used to create it so people can learn from it.

YggBjorn
October 6th, 2020, 00:11
If you have any examples, that would be awesome.

I've got an example for you! Let's take a look at the code:

============================================
#### Reference Manual :: Awesome Setting
--------------------------------------------
[[###Awesome Weapons Descriptions
@@chapter::Awesome Setting Player's Guide
@@subchapter::Weapons
@@blocks.*.text::"""

##Precision Rifle
**Range:** (50/100/200)

**Damage:** 2d10+1

**Rof:** 1

**Ammo:** 35

{{?@Awesome Weapons List.Precision Rifle::Precision Rifle}}

"""]]

#### Ranged Weapons :: Awesome Weapons List
@@catname::Ranged Weapons
[[###Precision Rifle
@@armorpiercing::#4
@@catname::Ranged Weapons
@@cost::750
@@damage::2d10+1
@@fumble::#1
@@group::Awesome Weapons
@@minstr::d6
@@notes::Min Str d6, Snapfire Penalty.
@@range::50/100/200
@@rof::1
@@ammo.max::#35
@@reach::#0
@@traittype::Ranged
@@weight::#5
<p>Favorite rifle of Shooty McShooterface.</p>
]]
#### Ammunition :: Awesome Ammunition
@@catname::Ammunition
[[###Dye Marker Arrow
@@catname::Ammunition
@@cost::1
@@group::Primitive Ranged Weapons
@@notes::
@@weight::#0.2
<p>Mark it up!</p>
]]

#### Hand Weapons :: Awesome Melee Weapons
@@catname::Melee Weapons
[[###Stabby McKnife
@@armorpiercing::#0
@@catname::Melee Weapons
@@cost::750
@@damage::Str+d6
@@fumble::#1
@@group::Awesome Melee Weapons
@@minstr::d6
@@notes::Min Str d6.
@@reach::#0
@@traittype::Melee
@@weight::#5
<p>Favorite knife of Shooty McShooterface.</p>

]]

So the first Precision Rifle listed is a text description with a header (##header name) and bolded text (**bolded text**) Immediately after the descriptive text is the link.

{{?@Awesome Weapons List.Precision Rifle::Precision Rifle}}
or
{{?@ (Name of the manual or list that starts with '####') . (Name of the page in that list, starts with [[###) :: (Name the link will display) }}

Just copy everything in the code block, and then type
/importlib
into Fantasy Grounds with the SWEL extension loaded and it will show you what it looks like.

You can add more weapons to each list, just enclose each weapon with the [[### ]] operators. Play with this code, if there is something that SWEL and FG doesn't like then the record will be blank and you will have to hunt the code to see where the error is. It is a great way to learn. If you have more questions drop them in the Forums or find me on Discord, YggBjorn#7987
I respond quicker on Discord but I check the forums a few times a day. :)

dmontgomery32
October 7th, 2020, 18:50
Thank you @YggBjorn and @Talyn

I'll be excited to post this up once I get it done and see everyone's thoughts. You help is very much appreciated

GunbunnyFuFu
October 8th, 2020, 00:50
OK...the Framework button has been made (thanks to @Talyn for the assistance) and the various theme enhancements have been made by @Mortani. Uploaded the results to Smiteworks...hopefully we'll see them go live soon. Still working on Drag and Drop Abilities, as it's still eluding me.

GBFF

YggBjorn
October 8th, 2020, 02:54
Who did the conversion for Dawn of the Daikaiju? They had to deal with some abilities, maybe they can shed some light for you. If you do find out I would very much like to know how it is done. I suppose one can add it into Fantasy Grounds manually and put it into a list as Racial Abilities or Monstrous Abilities.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 8th, 2020, 11:17
I'm not sure who did Dawn of the Diakaiju..I'm not showing it in the Store, so I have no clue if it's been converted yet. That being said, it is early and I don't have my morning coffee in me, so it is possible that I'm overlooking it.

GBFF

YggBjorn
October 8th, 2020, 18:18
It hasn't been released yet, however there is a thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61350-Dawn-of-the-Daikaiju-coming-to-FG) discussing it. Mgrancey did the conversion.

Talyn
October 8th, 2020, 18:48
OK...the Framework button has been made (thanks to @Talyn for the assistance) and the various theme enhancements have been made by @Mortani. Uploaded the results to Smiteworks...hopefully we'll see them go live soon. Still working on Drag and Drop Abilities, as it's still eluding me.

Glad those samples helped. I was pretty confident you could figure them out quickly. To give any further assistance I would have needed your source files so... eh... :)

esmdev
October 8th, 2020, 19:12
Glad those samples helped. I was pretty confident you could figure them out quickly. To give any further assistance I would have needed your source files so... eh... :)

Is a sadness of encrypted rulesets that assisting isn't an option.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 8th, 2020, 19:40

Indeed. Encrypted content isn't ideal, certainly, but is the requirements for much of the content today.

Also, I've attempted everything I know to do with the drag and drop abilities, to no avail. I'm going to put it on the back shelf and get cracking on the other books. If this is a deal breaker for folks, I apologize. I have stated this several times, but I'm a community dev with no coding skill, and between my real life job of digital forensics, having a family life, and running games, I've got little time to try to grok the Lua involved. For those who aren't satisfied with your purchase, please know that I am truly sorry, and please make sure to get a hold of Smiteworks within 30 days of purchase in order to get your money back.

I'll hopefully find some time or talent in the near future to assist, but for now I've got the other Savage Rifts content to convert to FG.

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu
October 8th, 2020, 20:02
For those that are interested, my plan going forward is Arcana and Mysticism, Empires of Humanity, and Blood & Banes then Savage Foes of North America and then the GM's Handbook, with the last thing being the Field Manual. I'm certainly not set in this order, however.

GBFF

Talyn
October 8th, 2020, 20:06

It's an option for GBFF and myself since we're both DLC Developers so even if I wasn't friends with GBFF on Discord and we could transfer the files (and we frequently do), I could request them from SmiteWorks. Luckily none of that was needed for this.

But yeah, I understand why the publishers want the stuff encrypted but it also curtails the community members from learning and helping on their own.

esmdev
October 8th, 2020, 20:07
For those that are interested, my plan going forward is Arcana and Mysticism, Empires of Humanity, and Blood & Banes then Savage Foes of North America and then the GM's Handbook, with the last thing being the Field Manual. I'm certainly not set in this order, however.

GBFF

My thought would be Savage Foes first, the others in same order works for me. Savage Foes gives a lot of encounter options and coupled with player guide make it easier to setup games.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 8th, 2020, 20:15
Savage Foes was my first thought as well, but thought that with Ikael's NPC maker players wouldn't necessarily need them immediately. I can certainly switch it to the top of the stack, however. It's a GM module for certain, where as the other 3 books (Arcana & Mysticism, Blood & Banes, and Empires of Humanity) are both GM and Players modules.

GBFF

Hammaer
October 10th, 2020, 17:43
So I'd been running a Rifts game in SW for a few months, and I've created a lot of ruleset enhancements / NPCs / gear / etc. For example, I've built the complete set of Heroes Journey & MARS Fortune & Glory tables, the Adventure Tables, and the Random settlement tables.

Now that Rifts is officially approved for Savage Worlds, can I share them?

Also, question about Mega Powers - I don't see them in the new ruleset under powers?

Thanks in advance!

Hammaer

GunbunnyFuFu
October 10th, 2020, 18:39
You cannot share any of the Rifts for Savage Worlds stuff, as it is under copywrite and doing so would be violating that copywrite.

As far as the Mega Powers, there are no Mega Powers anymore. Each power has Mega Power Modifiers. Since Mega Power Modifiers are not Powers, they don't appear under the Powers on the sidebar. You can find them in the module under "Mega Power Modifiers". I suggest dragging this section to a hot-key for quick reference.

GBFF

Riftergang
October 17th, 2020, 06:33
SO far I like it, I was hoping character creation would be as simple as base SW as my group I'm about to run this with doesn't know FG yet. It's nice to see it's still being updated and not just tossed to the wild and forgotten about.

Even though It Is in the odd condition it is in at the moment, I will keep it. I want this to succeed and see many more Savage Rifts rulesets come out. Thank you for your efforts and keep up the great work.

The Riftergang

GunbunnyFuFu
October 17th, 2020, 14:33
Character Creation in Rifts is modified (look at the chargen guide in the module) from Savage Worlds, of course, as it has a lot of elements that Savage Worlds does not have (Heroes Journey rolls, etc). Thanks for your support!

GBFF

rathen45
October 19th, 2020, 01:31
No dragon hatchlings :(

Riftergang
October 19th, 2020, 04:34
eh? I see it under Iconic frameworks. Though it's rough to make one just takes a while to move abilities around.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 19th, 2020, 12:33
The Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling is there. Just pull it up in the Frameworks, pull across abilities and complications to the character sheet, and follow the chargen guide. Shouldn't take long at all to generate a FWDH.

Other hatchlings, however, are in the Tomorrow Legion Field Manual, which will likely be a while before that is out.

GBFF

rathen45
October 21st, 2020, 09:18
Ah, thanks. Though it really should be under races like the rest also it would be good if the race was drag-able into the character sheet and auto filled.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 21st, 2020, 12:00
The Dragon Hatchling is an Iconic Framework, as it appears in the book. If it were mean to be a race, it would be under D-Bees and Mutants section in the book, like the Altara, Fennodi, etc. As far as the drag and drop, that's been discussed before. As soon as I get some coding instruction it will be, as I'm not a coder, but a community developer. l'm spending my time converting the six other Rifts books, since my free time is very limited. Also, you can drop the Framework on the character sheet (see Iconic Framework above Race). It just won't populate the abilities automatically (that takes about 30 seconds worth of dragging and dropping).

GBFF

YggBjorn
November 28th, 2020, 20:36
I think this might be a Savage Worlds issue and not so much a Savage Rifts issue, but I want to get feedback on it before I report it as a bug.

I am starting to convert and add stuff from the Robotech: Invid Invasion book. Starting with Cyclone Power Armor. I am trying to have the armor adjust the players Agility and Strength dies. I made a copy of some pre-existing power armor so I can see what it is doing and edit it. When I input this [Toughness +5, Pace = 14, Agility = 12, Strength = 10] it makes both Agility and Strength roll a d12. If I separate them into different commands it ignores the commands. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

tedrion
February 28th, 2021, 07:46
Is there a way to add custom Robot Vehicles? There is a Power Armor category in the Items/Armor section, but Robot Vehicles isn't a category in the vehicles section, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add anything to the Robot Vehicles table.

vegaserik
March 10th, 2021, 16:56
Any of the other books coming for Savage Rifts on FG?

GunbunnyFuFu
March 19th, 2021, 01:25
Real life has precluded me from devoting any more time to developing on FG, sadly. I can maintain what I've developed, but that's about the extent of it for the time being.

GBFF

GrumpyOldAndy
April 1st, 2021, 13:50
[Edited after I experimented some more]45342
One of my players just created a cyber knight. I am having issues with the cyber-knight armour, as in none of it seems to actually add armour to the character when worn. If I drag Ley line wizard armour it works as expected, however, a lot of the other armour I have tried doesn't work either. What is the catch I am missing?
I have clicked the equip thing.
Currently having to add a weightless temporary fudge that just does [armor +6], as having it provide armor from the select box does nothing.

IceBear
April 1st, 2021, 21:42
I haven't played around with it myself, but I do know that sometimes FGs doesn't always display the modified stats on a character sheet, but when actually hit or damaged it does use the value in the Combat Tracker. Have you actually applied damage to him to see what value it's using for Shaken and Wounds? Technically, you can unlock the copy of the Cyber Armor on the PCs equipment list, and then edit it to add the [Armor +6] so you don't need the weightless fudge armor.

IceBear
April 1st, 2021, 21:54
I had a suspicion as to what the problem is - the areas protected, and I was right. Just tested it and on the cyber knight that I made I edited the Medium Cyber Armor so the Areas Protected, instead of saying all, now says Torso, Arms, Legs, Head and now when I equip it, I get +6 armor. I believe FGs only adds the armor value if it's protecting the torso (the assumed target). I have a feeling you'll have this issue with all the armor that says All (there looked to be a few). Even the Bomb Suit from core SW had this issue (think it says Everywhere)

The bad news is with GunbunnyFuFu MIA, I'm not sure when (if?) the base items will be fixed so you might need to edit all the armors that don't work properly with either changing the Areas Protected field or just adding [armor +x] to them

GrumpyOldAndy
April 1st, 2021, 23:48
That's the answer, thanks. I can adjust the stuff for my PC's easily as they only use a couple of sets, so the workaround isn't an issue for me now that I know what the problem was.
I had tried combat just to make sure the modifier wasn't there invisibly, as [armor+6] is, and it wasn't there.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 2nd, 2021, 07:49
Thanks for the bug report, and the further work Icebear! I'll take care of this likely this weekend, and push the fix to the servers.

GBFF

IceBear
April 2nd, 2021, 09:04
Thanks for the bug report, and the further work Icebear! I'll take care of this likely this weekend, and push the fix to the servers.

GBFF

Oh!!! Good to see you around!!! Rumors had told me a different story so I'm glad they were false

rgk13
April 2nd, 2021, 20:26
Hi Guys,
anyone having issues with the encumbrance in SWADE? I have the load limit house rules module so I should be able to adjust the load limit but even if I change it in the setup gear it does not show on the character sheets. I'm also having a problem with the Global effects that create an error message when I put one on...

rgk13
April 2nd, 2021, 20:35
Hi Guys,
anyone having issues with the encumbrance in SWADE? I have the load limit house rules module so I should be able to adjust the load limit but even if I change it in the setup gear it does not show on the character sheets. I'm also having a problem with the Global effects that create an error message when I put one on...

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 17:19
I just tried a Global Effect in my Rifts setup. No problems. I also set my character's strength to d12+3 and it shows a 500 lb load limit like it should. I thought maybe you might have had Encumbrance turned off in Options, but when I turned it off on mine, it still showed the weight carried or worn, it just didn't apply the penalties. You do have the equipment marked as Carried or Equipped right? I assume you do so I'm at a loss for why it doesn't work for you. Maybe a conflicting module? I'm not sure if you are saying you have the load limit house rule extension installed, because I don't (it's part of the Rifts ruleset) so maybe that's it?

rgk13
April 3rd, 2021, 18:16
Thank you IceBear. Do I need to take the Trait roll details extension out also? I'm running FGU latest.

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 18:37
I didn't have it enabled, and while I doubt it would cause an issue, the first step in troubleshooting is disabling all addons and see if you still get the same issue. All I can tell you is I was running the latest Rifts ruleset in the latest version of SWADE on the latest version of FGU and I couldn't duplicate your issue

rgk13
April 3rd, 2021, 19:10
Ok so is there a way to change the weight allowance in the rifts ruleset? 20 lbs / die type is pretty low...

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 19:40
I have the Rifts ruleset and it should be automatically using the table from the Tomorrow Legion Book which doesn't change much from default SWADE until you get into the 12+ strength. My character with 12+3 STR had a load limit of 500. The same strength in default SWADE is 160 lbs. When mine loaded it noted that it was using the Load Limit extension even though I don't have it loaded. If you want to change it from what it's using, that would be a house rule.

It shouldn't be much of an issue in Rifts. I used to mark a lot of my gear as not carried as I left it in the vehicle most times. When I played a Combat Cyborg, I could literally carry 500lbs so it wasn't much of an issue until I started using vehicular weapons :)

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 19:53
If it's a problem you can disable the Encumbrance penalties in Options and just use common sense as to whether or not someone can carry something We used the rules but most of use were superstrong and those that weren't were in a vehicle most of the time

rgk13
April 5th, 2021, 20:12
Hey Icebear, I've worked out the issues...it was old modules that should not have been loading... I'm still trying to figure out how to create MDC simple body armor, or the Fiery Aura Burster power that creates an MDC armor around the character. Even the MDC body Armor of the Cyborg does not show as MDC. I tried creating a power armor version to have it MDC but then the weight does not apply. How did you workout this problem?

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 21:11
Hey Icebear, I've worked out the issues...it was old modules that should not have been loading... I'm still trying to figure out how to create MDC simple body armor, or the Fiery Aura Burster power that creates an MDC armor around the character. Even the MDC body Armor of the Cyborg does not show as MDC. I tried creating a power armor version to have it MDC but then the weight does not apply. How did you workout this problem?
Sorry...I'll have to look at it later...we never used this ruleset...my GM did his own. Remember that MDC just means it's heavy armor in case that's how it's being shown

Also, in the SWADE version a lot of armor isn't MDC like it might have been in the Deluxe version (or in original Rifts)

IceBear
April 5th, 2021, 21:31
Ok, looks like another bug. So, most armor isn't MDC, but the Cyborg armor is. The problem is, MDC doesn't mean anything to the SWADE ruleset; it's a term they used in the Rifts book to help transition those coming from Palladium Rifts. In Savage Worlds, Heavy Armor = MDC. So, what the FG parser is looking for is [Heavy Armor] not MDC armor like is coded. Here's a screenshot showing how I changed the Light Cyborg armor and then how I did 10 points of damage to a 9 toughness target, but since it wasn't Heavy damage (Mega damage) it was ignored in the combat tracker (ie, Bob wasn't Shaken by the attack). Also notice the H next to the +2 armor value. That showed up as soon as I put in the [Heavy Armor] tag. That means that unless the attack doesn't Heavy (Mega) damage it can't Shake or Wound the target.

Edit: As a tip, if you ever forget that the damage should be heavy damage (mega damage) you can right click the damage in the combat tracker and switch it to Heavy (or make the armor non-Heavy) or other fun things

rgk13
April 6th, 2021, 02:31
Great! Thx I knew about the MDC being heavy Armor but what I did not know is that I needed to use the [Heavy Armor] mention in the item to make it HW. Would you happen to have a trick for the 3 round Burst ammo depletion? When I create a second weapon attack in the Combat tab for a particular weapon (Ex: 3RB or grenade Launcher). I dont know how to make FGU take 3 ammo and just one.

IceBear
April 6th, 2021, 06:42
Great! Thx I knew about the MDC being heavy Armor but what I did not know is that I needed to use the [Heavy Armor] mention in the item to make it HW. Would you happen to have a trick for the 3 round Burst ammo depletion? When I create a second weapon attack in the Combat tab for a particular weapon (Ex: 3RB or grenade Launcher). I dont know how to make FGU take 3 ammo and just one.

See TomtheBu's answer in this thread.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67208-Three-Round-Burst

GunbunnyFuFu
April 11th, 2021, 19:38
OK..looking at some if these issues, the heavy armor bug in the Light Espionage Plate I can't reproduce. Using only the stock Rifts Module active and the Rifts Extension added, I added Light Espionage Plate to a character and it instantly marked it as Heavy Armor, as it's coded that way in the Stats (it doesn't require [Heavy Armor] in the notes, as it has the heavyarmor property set as true in the attributes of the armor. 45656

GunbunnyFuFu
April 11th, 2021, 19:44
I have replace "ALL" with "Head, Torso, Arms, Legs" in areas protected and will be uploading that shortly to fix any other errors.

GBFF

IceBear
April 11th, 2021, 20:42
OK..looking at some if these issues, the heavy armor bug in the Light Espionage Plate I can't reproduce. Using only the stock Rifts Module active and the Rifts Extension added, I added Light Espionage Plate to a character and it instantly marked it as Heavy Armor, as it's coded that way in the Stats (it doesn't require [Heavy Armor] in the notes, as it has the heavyarmor property set as true in the attributes of the armor. 45656

I only tested it with the light cyborg armor and didn't recall it being marked H until I manually edited it. I apologize if I missed the H.

I'll try again later

Edit: I remember now how I tested it. I applied normal damage to the character that exceeded his Toughness and it Shook him when it shouldn't

IceBear
April 11th, 2021, 21:54
Ok....I just tested it again and get the same results as GunbunnyFuFu but I'm sure last week when I tested it, it didn't show it as Heavy Armor. However, unless something updated (I saw 2 updates this week) I must have been mistaken

unclejayrazz
April 17th, 2021, 00:38
Disregard :)

IceBear
April 17th, 2021, 00:49
Irrelevant

GunbunnyFuFu
April 18th, 2021, 15:22
I've pushed the fix for the EBA armor...should appear hopefully this week to take care of the problem with the locations.

GBFF

rathen45
April 19th, 2021, 16:53
Hey, I've been working on half-built archetypes (I'm leaving out the variable stuff that you would pick/roll and leaving a list of those details in the notes section). As you would need the TLPG to finish the characters would I be able to post the archetypes here when I am finished?

GunbunnyFuFu
April 19th, 2021, 21:28
Probably would be better to start your own thread with the archetypes, as this thread is to be used to track issues with the TLPG. As far as the archetypes go, it depends on what they contain...if they are the official archetypes put out by PEG, you won't be able to share them at all, as those are copywrite material.

Flynn
August 25th, 2021, 05:48
The Boom Gun and the Glitter Boy's armor do not come up from within the Iconic Framework description when you click on the appropriate button/shield/whatever it is called. The Boom Gun is a <<New Weapon>> shell, as if the information had not been added.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to add another module or anything?

GunbunnyFuFu
October 16th, 2021, 04:38
You shouldn't need another module...the TLPG contains all of it. That being said, I don't recall having issues with it, but certainly put in a bug request and hopefully someone can fix it. It would be a simple fix...add links to the Boom Gun and Armor at the bottom of the iconic framework.

GBFF

c4pappy
October 18th, 2021, 05:19
We had our very first Rifts session this evening. Had trouble with armor not altering toughness when equipped. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Jiminimonka
October 21st, 2021, 23:51
We had our very first Rifts session this evening. Had trouble with armor not altering toughness when equipped. Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Which armor?

computertrucker
October 22nd, 2021, 02:06
So I’m pulling this up for the first time in a long time. Armor question (for a borg character. That gets +6 mdc armor. How do I apply the heavy or mdc armor to the character. I can get +6 armor l, but how do I make it mega damage. Thanks.

Jiminimonka
October 22nd, 2021, 11:50
I've taken up development on Savage Rifts from GunbunnyFuFu. Please post detailed reports on any issues with screenshot if possible. I'll try to get them sorted out soon, got to familiarise myself with vegetables first, because one can never be too familiar with vegetables!

Working on the GM Handbook and Savage Foes of North America too.

computertrucker
October 22nd, 2021, 11:53
Wow this is awesome news I was just about to ask if anyone knew whether or not any of the other source books were going to come out. Please take my money LOL

c4pappy
November 10th, 2021, 05:22
Just another shout out to Jiminimonka. Thank you for taking this on. Would love to get more source books for this game!

Jiminimonka
November 10th, 2021, 23:22
Thanks. Savage Foes of North America is the first hurdle, then the GM Handbook and revisions to the Players Guide. Also looks like we might have someone else working on some of the other source books too. Fingers crossed.

ppiselli
January 13th, 2022, 06:34
Hi, I'm new to FG, SWADE and the Rifts module. I believe I have loaded the module correctly but all Rifts modules are showing up empty. SWADE modules for both GM and player display fine. Screenshot attached. 50958 (eh, didn't mean to circle the maps module, but you can see that the expanded Rifts skills are empty)

Jiminimonka
January 13th, 2022, 23:49
Hi, I'm new to FG, SWADE and the Rifts module. I believe I have loaded the module correctly but all Rifts modules are showing up empty. SWADE modules for both GM and player display fine. Screenshot attached. 50958 (eh, didn't mean to circle the maps module, but you can see that the expanded Rifts skills are empty)

OOOPS! I just pushed a hot fix. Seems like I sent in the wrong version.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully its sorted out soon.

ppiselli
January 14th, 2022, 04:25
Awesome, thanks!

ppiselli
January 20th, 2022, 02:54
Looks like there is an issue loading the vehicle table, as the hoverboard is the only thing showing up: 51079

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2022, 09:17
Looks like there is an issue loading the vehicle table, as the hoverboard is the only thing showing up: 51079

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll take a look this evening.

Covey1000
January 23rd, 2022, 16:51
Having an issue.. it's probably something I'm doing wrong but I've placed the Rift.pak in the ruleset folder and get and error when loading the fantasy grounds unity program...
Launcher scene starting.
[ERROR] Ruleset info Load (Rifts): An XML comment cannot contain "--" and "-" cannot be the last character Line 2, position 3.

Like I said probably something I'm missing and help would be appreciated.

rathen45
January 23rd, 2022, 19:08
Having an issue.. it's probably something I'm doing wrong but I've placed the Rift.pak in the ruleset folder and get and error when loading the fantasy grounds unity program...
Launcher scene starting.
[ERROR] Ruleset info Load (Rifts): An XML comment cannot contain "--" and "-" cannot be the last character Line 2, position 3.

I remember that happened when I tried using the old RIFTS file that I found somewhere. It may have once worked but It was likely several updates and years ago. This forum though is for Savage Worlds RIFTS which is the same setting in a different system. This file is purchasable in this website's store.

vegaserik
January 24th, 2022, 07:49
Launcher scene starting.

It's not a .pak file - not sure what rift.pak is but it isn't Savage Rifts. All you need is to create a Savage Worlds Campaign then open the Tomorrow Legion Players Guide.

Jiminimonka
January 24th, 2022, 09:15
Good, I only spent half an hour looking for that bug for something I cant fix LOL. Make a thread for your rift.pak bug in the House of Healing section please.

Covey1000
January 25th, 2022, 16:42
OK thanks

Dhragyn
January 26th, 2022, 01:17
Having a bit of confusion with loading Rifts.
I have Savage worlds Adventure ruleset and Savage worlds Deluxe
When I load Rifts with the Adventure ruleset I only get the Rifts additions nothing else
When I load Rifts with the Deluxe ruleset I get everything but the character sheet doesn't seem to be compatible
Am I missing something?

esmdev
January 26th, 2022, 01:50
Just to clarify...

This thread is for: Rifts (R): The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide for Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PEGFGSWRTTLPG) which is specifically designed for the SWADE ruleset. There are some Rifts rulesets on the forums, wiki and websites that are older and likely don't work under FGU, or if they do require a separate support.

Dhragyn
January 28th, 2022, 01:35
Is there a way to add custom Robot Vehicles? There is a Power Armor category in the Items/Armor section, but Robot Vehicles isn't a category in the vehicles section, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add anything to the Robot Vehicles table.

Where is this? I've looked everywhere for anything in regards to Power Armor on the character sheet and even in the items/armor section. And can't find a spot anywhere

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2022, 07:20
Where is this? I've looked everywhere for anything in regards to Power Armor on the character sheet and even in the items/armor section. And can't find a spot anywhere

There is a link to Power Armor in the reference manual Power Armor section.

Dhragyn
January 28th, 2022, 10:00
There is a link to Power Armor in the reference manual Power Armor section.

I can find the power armors but can't seem to add them to the character sheet. I thought the original post was referring to the character sheet and not the reference manual.

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2022, 11:26
I can find the power armors but can't seem to add them to the character sheet. I thought the original post was referring to the character sheet and not the reference manual.

I'm not at my PC now, but are you dragging the Power Armour onto the Armour tab in Inventory?

Dhragyn
January 28th, 2022, 17:24
I'm not at my PC now, but are you dragging the Power Armour onto the Armour tab in Inventory?

Ok it works when drag and dropping from the power armor category in the equipment list from the reference manual when opened from modules. But not from the Iconic framework (glitterboy) info box.

Should I be drag and dropping everything from the reference manual for character creation?

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2022, 18:42
Ok it works when drag and dropping from the power armor category in the equipment list from the reference manual when opened from modules. But not from the Iconic framework (glitterboy) info box.

Should I be drag and dropping everything from the reference manual for character creation?

It should be working wherever you drag it from to be honest, but if its not, then do whatever works. I have to make a big update to the TLPG but for now its working and I am focusing on the Savage Foes of NA first and then the GMs Handbook. The new TLPG is almost ready but its going to require some fine tuning before I upload it, and a lot of things may be borked for characters created in the current version (links needing to be re-done etc.,) maybe.... but at the moment, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

ppiselli
February 3rd, 2022, 05:14
How do people typically handle things like the Cyber Knight's Psy Sword and Psy Shield in FG? I'm kind of hacking it in by adding a custom attack on the player's character sheet for the Psy-Sword (several actually, to represent different ISP investments) and via a custom effect for the Psy-Shield granting the parry bonus. Is that a reasonable way to do it?

Jiminimonka
February 3rd, 2022, 07:38
Custom attacks is a feature of Fantasy Grounds SWADE. That's the way to do it.

rathen45
March 27th, 2022, 22:37
A thought for improving experience: This is a lot of work but for the purposes of better streamlining the character creation process, i believe there should be a separate iconic framework for each MARS type for the benefits of autofill automation

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 23:15
A thought for improving experience: This is a lot of work but for the purposes of better streamlining the character creation process, i believe there should be a separate iconic framework for each MARS type for the benefits of autofill automation

I will add this to my to-do list for the updated version, for which I have no ETA yet (there is a slight bug - about 75 metres tall to me - which I need to work out for the main update to be pushed).

Thanks.

Locotomo
June 16th, 2022, 12:55
When I add the Cyber-Knight Medium EBA Armor (TW) to the sheet it doesn´t update toughness on the sheet. Is this intended?

Locotomo
June 16th, 2022, 16:30
Glitter Boy ability "Heroic Legacy" description is not up to date . There is no more Charisma in SWADE.

Jiminimonka
June 16th, 2022, 20:17
Glitter Boy ability "Heroic Legacy" description is not up to date . There is no more Charisma in SWADE.

Rifts was made for an earlier version of Savage Worlds, and the PDF it was converted from has numerous references to Charisma. Fantasy Grounds converts the stat blocks to SWADE automatically if you are running SWADE or leaves them as is for SW Deluxe. But it doesn't re-write the source material. It's good, but not that good.

Locotomo
June 17th, 2022, 00:51
I dońt know what this means. Am I wasting my time posting mistakes ? Does it not get updated ?

Muagen
June 17th, 2022, 02:15
I'm curious, as well. In the Revised (SWADE) edition of Savage Rifts' Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide, there appear to be exactly three entries mentioning any variation of "charisma":
- The summary for the "Gregarious and Resourceful" result on the MARS Fortune & Glory table, mentioning the Charismatic Edge
- The Devilish Charmers ability for the D'Norr, again referencing the Charismatic Edge
- The I Know a Guy Social Edge, also (presumably) referencing the Charismatic Edge.

I apologize, but when I purchased Savage Rifts for Fantasy Grounds I assumed that the version which was ported over was based on the Revised text. I haven't done a thorough reading through the module yet, so that is 100% on me. I'd like to think that we'd either get this module updated to reflect the current version of Savage Worlds, or that we would have a separate version available which does include these revisions.

Are the Foes of North America and forthcoming Game Master's Handbook both based on the pre-SWADE editions of Savage Rifts, also?

Jiminimonka
June 17th, 2022, 07:16
I'm curious, as well. In the Revised (SWADE) edition of Savage Rifts' Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide, there appear to be exactly three entries mentioning any variation of "charisma":
- The summary for the "Gregarious and Resourceful" result on the MARS Fortune & Glory table, mentioning the Charismatic Edge
- The Devilish Charmers ability for the D'Norr, again referencing the Charismatic Edge
- The I Know a Guy Social Edge, also (presumably) referencing the Charismatic Edge.

I apologize, but when I purchased Savage Rifts for Fantasy Grounds I assumed that the version which was ported over was based on the Revised text. I haven't done a thorough reading through the module yet, so that is 100% on me. I'd like to think that we'd either get this module updated to reflect the current version of Savage Worlds, or that we would have a separate version available which does include these revisions.

Are the Foes of North America and forthcoming Game Master's Handbook both based on the pre-SWADE editions of Savage Rifts, also?

I didn't convert the Tomorrows Legion so not sure which version was converted. The Foes and GM Handbook are 100% SWADE.

The Tomorrows Legion Player Guide will be updated over the coming months. So anything reported will help. Thanks

Jiminimonka
June 17th, 2022, 07:25
I dońt know what this means. Am I wasting my time posting mistakes ? Does it not get updated ?

I am assuming since there is Charisma mentioned in the Reference Manual in FG that the older version was used for the conversion. So the ref manual is true to the source marerial. I will ask GunbunnyFuFu which was used.

Report bugs of course, it is not a waste of time. Thanks.

Locotomo
June 17th, 2022, 14:29
It looks like that Armor in Savage Rifts doesn´t have the extra Toughness bonus included.

Jiminimonka
June 26th, 2022, 11:01
I have just pushed an update - lots of changes, but probably there will be bugs which you fine people will spot before I do. Let me know in this thread if there are any issues (it should go out in the update on Tuesday).

Jiminimonka
June 26th, 2022, 11:08
It looks like that Armor in Savage Rifts doesn´t have the extra Toughness bonus included.

Which armor?

Jiminimonka
June 26th, 2022, 11:08
I have just pushed an update - lots of changes, but probably there will be bugs which you fine people will spot before I do. Let me know in this thread if there are any issues (it should go out in the update on Tuesday).

I just started looking at the latest version of the TLPG pdf and there are some extra pages... I will add them in over the next few updates.

Locotomo
June 26th, 2022, 13:24
As you can see in the picture, the toughness bonus shows up in the reference module but not in the item list.
As an example I pulled out the Juicer armor, which is missing the toughness bonus.
Nearly no armor has the toughness bonus.

Jiminimonka
June 26th, 2022, 13:27
As you can see in the picture, the toughness bonus shows up in the reference module but not in the item list.
As an example I pulled out the Juicer armor, which is missing the toughness bonus.
Nearly no armor has the toughness bonus.

Cool, I will fix that ASAP. Thanks.

I notice there is no Min Str on a lot of the armour as well, adding at the same time.

Jiminimonka
June 30th, 2022, 21:43
Arcane Backgrounds were not populating to Power on the Character Sheet, fixed and pushed as a hotfix.

thornlord
July 1st, 2022, 03:39
Arcane Backgrounds were not populating to Power on the Character Sheet, fixed and pushed as a hotfix.

Thank you for your work on this product. I'm learning FGU by adding the SWADE Archetypes to a test campaign.

Jiminimonka
July 1st, 2022, 07:49
I went back to earlier posts in this thread and added [Heavy Armor] to all the MDC stuff (non-power armour needs it added but Power Armour doesn't) and added effects to appropriate racial abilities.

Jiminimonka
July 1st, 2022, 19:55
The hotfix that went out today also has racial abilities updated, so the ones that can will automatically be applied when the race is dragged across.

Jiminimonka
July 7th, 2022, 14:02
The hotfix that went out today also has racial abilities updated, so the ones that can will automatically be applied when the race is dragged across.

Hotfix was delayed but now its on the system. If you get any errors please report here. Thanks

Locotomo
July 7th, 2022, 14:27
This error is showing up since the update :

Locotomo
July 7th, 2022, 14:53
Toughness from Juicer Armor (+3) is not added to the final Toughness score.

Jiminimonka
July 7th, 2022, 15:00
This error is showing up since the update :

Pushed out a patch for that about 14 hours ago. So keep an eye out for the red Update.

Jiminimonka
July 7th, 2022, 15:01
Toughness from Juicer Armor (+3) is not added to the final Toughness score.

Its an effect so it will show up in the dice rolls.

Locotomo
July 7th, 2022, 15:02
Pushed out a patch for that about 14 hours ago. So keep an eye out for the red Update.

I just did that update 30 mins ago and it is still showing up.53457

Jiminimonka
July 7th, 2022, 15:25
I just did that update 30 mins ago and it is still showing up.53457

Its in the Hotfix queue

Locotomo
July 7th, 2022, 19:38
When is the Hotfix showing up? :)

And....
When I try to deal cards from the combat tracker this errors show up.

Moon Wizard
July 7th, 2022, 22:05
@Locotomo,

That has nothing to do with the hot fix for missing extension graphics that Jiminimonka just provided.

Can you walk me through the exact steps that you go through to see that error?
Also, can you tell me which extensions you are running?

Regards,
JPG

Jiminimonka
July 7th, 2022, 22:06
When is the Hotfix showing up? :)

And....
When I try to deal cards from the combat tracker this errors show up.

Moon Wizard just accelerated the Hotfix - so it is live now.

That card dealing error is something else entirely, not sure it is related to Rifts, maybe a SWADE bug or extension?

EDIT: Might be the SWADE Action Deck you are using, try with that turned off (players can't read the Face cards on that anyway, at least ones over 35 years old...) ;)

Locotomo
July 8th, 2022, 14:26
Moon Wizard just accelerated the Hotfix - so it is live now.

That card dealing error is something else entirely, not sure it is related to Rifts, maybe a SWADE bug or extension?

EDIT: Might be the SWADE Action Deck you are using, try with that turned off (players can't read the Face cards on that anyway, at least ones over 35 years old...) ;)

I won´t be turning off something that I just bought for 10 bucks. Maybe you fix the cards :D

Locotomo
July 8th, 2022, 14:29
@Locotomo,

That has nothing to do with the hot fix for missing extension graphics that Jiminimonka just provided.

Can you walk me through the exact steps that you go through to see that error?
Also, can you tell me which extensions you are running?

Regards,
JPG

After the hotfix the error didn´t turn up anymore. Thx :)

Locotomo
July 8th, 2022, 14:31
Aaaaand now the Adventure Deck is not working anymore.
Edit: Somehow they do work now :P

Jiminimonka
July 8th, 2022, 18:29
I won´t be turning off something that I just bought for 10 bucks. Maybe you fix the cards :D

Turning it off is to eliminate it from errors. I won't fix it, becaise I didn't write it.
If you get an error for a non-Rift product (like SWADE, Adventure Decks, etc.) make a post in a relevant thread. This thread is for TLPG only.

Locotomo
July 8th, 2022, 19:06
With "you" i meant somebody at Smiteworks.
Anyway, I am just a customer who likes to buy stuff that works properly.
I really don´t want to be "your" playtester anymore, constantly posting errors and bugs.
I do it here and mostly at the Starfinder forum.
And quite frankly, looking for alternatives at the same time...

Jiminimonka
July 8th, 2022, 19:23
With "you" i meant somebody at Smiteworks.
Anyway, I am just a customer who likes to buy stuff that works properly.
I really don´t want to be "your" playtester anymore, constantly posting errors and bugs.
I do it here and mostly at the Starfinder forum.
And quite frankly, looking for alternatives at the same time...

I don't work for Smiteworks either. I took over updating Savage Rifts because the original developer had to stop for his own reasons.

Reporting bugs is optional and I thank you for it.

Jiminimonka
July 16th, 2022, 18:02
I have finalised the Rifts®: Game Master's Handbook and uploaded it to QA at Smiteworks.

wframe
September 15th, 2022, 14:44
I have finalised the Rifts®: Game Master's Handbook and uploaded it to QA at Smiteworks.

That was two months ago. Have they given you any updates? I still can't believe it takes them this long to QA a product and list it.

Raddu
September 15th, 2022, 16:34
How do you implement the Juicer Burn die? From the framework page there's no Ability/Power to drop on the character sheet that I can see, unless I'm missing something.

Raddu
September 15th, 2022, 17:56
I created a full conversion borg who's strength is 12+2, so his load limit should be 140lbs, however it's only showing 100lbs. So it's giving him negatives to attacks. Any workaround?

EDIT: Figured it out, had the bonus in the wrong spot. Works as intended, error on this side of the keyboard.

Jiminimonka
September 15th, 2022, 18:06
That was two months ago. Have they given you any updates? I still can't believe it takes them this long to QA a product and list it.

It is supposed to have been released on September 6th... maybe Steam is the hold up. I will find out what I can and post an update.

Jiminimonka
September 15th, 2022, 19:56
It is supposed to have been released on September 6th... maybe Steam is the hold up. I will find out what I can and post an update.

It is awaiting approval on Steam, and apparently they recently changed their procedure for approval. Hopefully soon it will be on the store.

rathen45
September 17th, 2022, 04:24
It is awaiting approval on Steam, and apparently they recently changed their procedure for approval. Hopefully soon it will be on the store.

It's not in the FG store either. Does it need to get approve on steam before it can be approved in the FG store? I guess it would make sense since you would still be updating a steam product...

esmdev
September 17th, 2022, 06:25
It's not in the FG store either. Does it need to get approve on steam before it can be approved in the FG store? I guess it would make sense since you would still be updating a steam product...

I think there is an agreement that both stores go live at same time, or maybe an internal policy, hard to day but steam holds up releases now and then.

Jiminimonka
September 17th, 2022, 10:37
I think there is an agreement that both stores go live at same time, or maybe an internal policy, hard to day but steam holds up releases now and then.

Its part of the deal with Steam.

Jiminimonka
September 27th, 2022, 15:56
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11201RE

Rifts GM Handbook is now available. Any issues let me know here. Thanks.

rathen45
September 27th, 2022, 19:03
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11201RE

Rifts GM Handbook is now available. Any issues let me know here. Thanks.

Thank you! What's next on your agenda?

Jiminimonka
October 2nd, 2022, 21:54
Thank you! What's next on your agenda?

Looking at making Frameworks auto-populate, and at the very least making their "racial abilities" add modifiers and edges when dragged onto the character sheets and some other stuff.

Jiminimonka
October 5th, 2022, 22:57

Pity that $EDGE doesn't actually add the edge to the character sheet, I have noticed that some edges will work on rolls made by the character, even if they are not added to the CT. That is Ikael's area.

So this is what I am working on in the background while I convert a few other Rifts products.

Mike Serfass
October 6th, 2022, 19:40
Are you referring to when you set up a race in your setting module? $edge works for that if you add it as

[$Edge]

I have this in the game I use to create my setting:

I have this in the db.xml:

<description type="string">[$Quick]</description>

It adds the edge when the player drops it onto a character sheet.

Jiminimonka
October 6th, 2022, 20:38
Are you referring to when you set up a race in your setting module? $edge works for that if you add it as

[$Edge]

I have this in the game I use to create my setting:

I have this in the db.xml:

<description type="string">[$Quick]</description>

It adds the edge when the player drops it onto a character sheet.

Yeah, got that, but it doesn't put the edge on the Character sheet Edge section.

I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the player knows what edges the character has.

Jiminimonka
October 6th, 2022, 21:26
Double post...

Some edges don't work - $Alertness does not add +2 to Notice rolls when added (at least in my limited test)

esmdev
October 6th, 2022, 22:01
Edges seem kind of his and miss with applying modifiers.

On a separate note, to create the damage for a Psi Weapon, which is Strength + (Spirit x 2), is there a more adaptive way to enter it than STR+2d6? Seems like have to hard enter the spirit die, which isn't a problem unless spirit changes, then it is something that one has to remember to change.

Jiminimonka
October 6th, 2022, 22:04
Edges seem kind of his and miss with applying modifiers.

On a separate note, to create the damage for a Psi Weapon, which is Strength + (Spirit x 2), is there a more adaptive way to enter it than STR+2d6? Seems like have to hard enter the spirit die, which isn't a problem unless spirit changes, then it is something that one has to remember to change.

I am adding a note for this in the TLPG.

It is Str+2Spi in the damage box to get the right Psi-Sword damage.

esmdev
October 6th, 2022, 22:12
I am adding a note for this in the TLPG.

It is Str+2Spi in the damage box to get the right Psi-Sword damage.

For some reason I thought that didn't work, I will have to try it tonight. Can any characteristic trait be used for damage, like Agi, Sma, Spi, Str and Vig? And if so, are those the right identifiers?

Jiminimonka
October 6th, 2022, 22:14
For some reason I thought that didn't work, I will have to try it tonight. Can any characteristic trait be used for damage, like Agi, Sma, Spi, Str and Vig? And if so, are those the right identifiers?

Yeah they all work - in my Lankhmar campaign I have a Stiletto that does Agility damage instead of Strength.

Str+2xSpi doesn't work, (2 x Spi) + Str doesnt work etc. but Str+2Spi works just fine.

esmdev
October 6th, 2022, 22:19
Yeah they all work - in my Lankhmar campaign I have a Stiletto that does Agility damage instead of Strength.

Str+2xSpi doesn't work, (2 x Spi) + Str doesnt work etc. but Str+2Spi works just fine.

Good to know, haven't run Savage Worlds for awhile, need to brush up. Thanks! :)

Jiminimonka
October 16th, 2022, 18:37
I have re-done Frameworks now, they don't auto-populate when dragged onto characters, but when you drag the "Racial Abilities" onto the character from the framework list, most of the edges and hindrances auto populate the correct place and effects like Cyborg Super Strength will automatically change the characters strength etc.

Also, when you open the Settings window (the one that pops up first time you start a campaign) - the Data Modules page has a Savage Rifts Rules button, which will let you load the correct books without searching thru the Modules (thanks Damned and Moon Wizard)

Should go out in Tuesday's update.

EmptyOwl
October 20th, 2022, 21:19
I note Empires of Humanity is listed there under png 2.....I cannot seem to find it in the store.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Jiminimonka
October 21st, 2022, 20:41
I note Empires of Humanity is listed there under png 2.....I cannot seem to find it in the store.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I am glad you noticed my teaser. It is not on the store yet.. but I am working on it along with several other Rifts products.

Jiminimonka
October 21st, 2022, 23:45

Some of these are in QA already.

Jiminimonka
November 8th, 2022, 20:39
The Archetypes for Rifts are now available on the store. You can find them in Fantasy Grounds while running a Savage Rifts game with the Extension loaded, using the Setup icon to open Campaign Setup.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55056&stc=1&d=1667939908

wframe
November 22nd, 2022, 21:11
The Archetypes for Rifts are now available on the store. You can find them in Fantasy Grounds while running a Savage Rifts game with the Extension loaded, using the Setup icon to open Campaign Setup.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55056&stc=1&d=1667939908

@jiminimonka

Off topic, I know, but I saw that Foundry released several new modules for Savage Rifts today (Empires of Humanity, Arcana & Mysticism, Blood and Banes, Tomorrow Legion Field Manual).

Are you planning on converting any/all of those for Fantasy grounds, or are they exclusive to Foundry? They include quite a few new archetypes, dragon hatchlings, etc. Looks cool, but Fantasy Grounds definitely handles the Swade Mechanics better than Foundry does currently.

Edit: I just saw that you had already done Empires of Humanity.

Jiminimonka
November 22nd, 2022, 21:27
@jiminimonka

Off topic, I know, but I saw that Foundry released several new modules for Savage Rifts today (Empires of Humanity, Arcana & Mysticism, Blood and Banes, Tomorrow Legion Field Manual).

Are you planning on converting any/all of those for Fantasy grounds, or are they exclusive to Foundry? They include quite a few new archetypes, dragon hatchlings, etc. Looks cool, but Fantasy Grounds definitely handles the Swade Mechanics better than Foundry does currently.

Edit: I just saw that you had already done Empires of Humanity.

Empires of Humanity is done and waiting for Steam to get a release date.

The rest I am working on.

wframe
November 22nd, 2022, 21:29
Empires of Humanity is done and waiting for Steam to get a release date.

The rest I am working on.

You are the man! When I saw they were released for Foundry, I nearly pulled the trigger, but that version of SWADE is such a mess. It doesn't handle vehicles correctly and it doesn't even handle Mega Damage at all. Looking forward to these when they're released.

Jiminimonka
November 22nd, 2022, 21:38
You are the man! When I saw they were released for Foundry, I nearly pulled the trigger, but that version of SWADE is such a mess. It doesn't handle vehicles correctly and it doesn't even handle Mega Damage at all. Looking forward to these when they're released.

Don't pull the trigger!!!!!

EDIT: Doing all those plus something else as well for Rifts.

wframe
November 22nd, 2022, 21:40
Don't pull the trigger!!!!!

EDIT: Doing all those plus something else as well for Rifts.

Well then hurry up! Just kidding. Thanks for all of your hard work. I just picked up the archetypes today.

Jiminimonka
November 23rd, 2022, 22:47
Well then hurry up! Just kidding. Thanks for all of your hard work. I just picked up the archetypes today.

Looks like 6th December for Empires of Humanity release.

Jiminimonka
December 6th, 2022, 15:18
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11212

North America: Empires of Humanity is out now.

Please report any boo-boos here. Thanks

Locotomo
December 8th, 2022, 16:05
Hi there :)
I just want to ask if it is possible that when you throw in the Juicer framework, for example, that the right abilities and edges get populated on the charactersheet like when you put in the race?
And if this is possible that the right edges will be populated (Brawny, Fleet Footed, Quick) so that pace will be calculated correctly?
You really have to be careful when you make a fast Dogboy Juicer. The pace will be 16+d10 :D

Jiminimonka
December 8th, 2022, 21:38
Hi there :)
I just want to ask if it is possible that when you throw in the Juicer framework, for example, that the right abilities and edges get populated on the charactersheet like when you put in the race?
And if this is possible that the right edges will be populated (Brawny, Fleet Footed, Quick) so that pace will be calculated correctly?
You really have to be careful when you make a fast Dogboy Juicer. The pace will be 16+d10 :D

If I ever get around to making Frameworks work like Races and auto-populate... some stuff will still be down to the players to work out. It is RIFTS after all, and it is CRUNCHY!

So if you drag those Juicer Framework "Racial Abilities" they work but make the Dogboy Speedy Gonzales?

Jiminimonka
December 8th, 2022, 21:55
I see...

Is this broken though?

Jiminimonka
December 8th, 2022, 22:12
How do you implement the Juicer Burn die? From the framework page there's no Ability/Power to drop on the character sheet that I can see, unless I'm missing something.

Ahhh, maybe I can add an Arcane Background for Juicer Burn or something, I will add this on my to-do list (which may never get done, but I will try)

Locotomo
December 9th, 2022, 04:58
If I ever get around to making Frameworks work like Races and auto-populate... some stuff will still be down to the players to work out. It is RIFTS after all, and it is CRUNCHY!

So if you drag those Juicer Framework "Racial Abilities" they work but make the Dogboy Speedy Gonzales?

I don’t get what you are saying 😃

Locotomo
December 9th, 2022, 14:58
To be clear. I don't care how crunchy Savage Worlds is. I just wanted to know if it would be possible in the future to drop frameworks on the sheet.
And what I wanted to point out with the Juicer is, that the "Fleet Footed" Edge is just build into Super Speed as a +8.
But that can be confusing when the player wants to buy Fleet-Footed a "second" time .
So I rephrase my question : Could it be possible to drop the Framework onto the charactersheet and can the "Edges" section on the sheet be populated automatically as well?

One other thing though. I can't edit the abilities on the sheet. They are locked.

Regards, Loco.

Jiminimonka
December 9th, 2022, 16:31
To be clear. I don't care how crunchy Savage Worlds is. I just wanted to know if it would be possible in the future to drop frameworks on the sheet.
And what I wanted to point out with the Juicer is, that the "Fleet Footed" Edge is just build into Super Speed as a +8.
But that can be confusing when the player wants to buy Fleet-Footed a "second" time .
So I rephrase my question : Could it be possible to drop the Framework onto the charactersheet and can the "Edges" section on the sheet be populated automatically as well?

One other thing though. I can't edit the abilities on the sheet. They are locked.

Regards, Loco.

Framework automation is on my to-do list :)

What abilities are locked? On the character sheet?

Locotomo
December 9th, 2022, 16:56
This for example on the "Main" tab on the character sheet. I can´t unlock the ability, it states :"Read Only"

Jiminimonka
December 9th, 2022, 22:04
This for example on the "Main" tab on the character sheet. I can´t unlock the ability, it states :"Read Only"

That is standard, all edges, hindrances, skills etc., are locked (red padlock) across the board in Savage Worlds.

In this example, once Super Speed is added to the character, editing the effect will not alter the character sheet. Instead edit the character sheet Pace section. Right click and click the +/- icon, and to change pace CTRL and mousewheel up and down over the Run Dice to change that.

Jiminimonka
December 29th, 2022, 10:44
Rifts North America: Arcana & Mysticism is submitted for QA.
Blood & Banes is a WIP.
Tomorrow Legion Field Manual is a Fast WIP.

I also updated the extension, anyone who doesn't like the yellow font, let me know (I am thinking of adding a background to it as well, so it looks more like the PDFs/Books).

Jiminimonka
December 31st, 2022, 23:31
At least one new Framework has an extra stat (in Blood and Banes, the Shifter has Corruption) - so I might change the Burn Derived stat to Framework or something, so it makes more sense across all characters. Maybe "Iconic" - taking suggestions?

Jiminimonka
January 2nd, 2023, 01:29

These are ALL done, will submit tomorrow, hopefully not too long a wait.

Locotomo
January 2nd, 2023, 18:38
YES !!!
and happy new year :D

Jiminimonka
January 2nd, 2023, 19:46
YES !!!
and happy new year :D

Happy New Year!!

Jiminimonka
January 3rd, 2023, 07:54
Thread renamed - its a lot more than the TLPG these days ;)

tymanthius
January 3rd, 2023, 16:13
So, I'm not sure if I'm the correct place, redirect me if needed.

But how are 'conflicting' edges handled, such as having Double Tap and Rapid Fire? You can have both, but they can't both be used on at the same time.

Jiminimonka
January 3rd, 2023, 16:31
So, I'm not sure if I'm the correct place, redirect me if needed.

But how are 'conflicting' edges handled, such as having Double Tap and Rapid Fire? You can have both, but they can't both be used on at the same time.

Its a general.Savage Worlds question but..

You handle it like you would at the table and make adjustments to attacks as necessary. I don't think they are automated but I am on the train home so can't check.

tymanthius
January 3rd, 2023, 16:42
Its a general.Savage Worlds question but..

You handle it like you would at the table and make adjustments to attacks as necessary. I don't think they are automated but I am on the train home so can't check.

You mean it's not magic and the computer does it all for me by reading my mind? How terrible! ;)

Jiminimonka
January 3rd, 2023, 16:44
You mean it's not magic and the computer does it all for me by reading my mind? How terrible! ;)

Yeah but it's a kinda magic!

Mike Serfass
January 4th, 2023, 00:18
Double Tap and Rapid fire are not automatic in that it will figure out which weapons it could apply to and apply it. That's more of a choice edge, in that you decide each attack if you want to double tap and rapid fire.
It's automated in that you can add effects to sub attacks to do the work for you.

For a double tap sub attack, add this effect to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 2 each shot.
[>#DoubleTap]

For Rapid Fire, there's not an effect because a regular sub attack handles it. A sub attack with the appropriate number of shots will apply recoil penalties and calculate the ammo expenditure and tell you if you lack enough ammo to make the attack. I find this works better than adjusting the main attack's #attacks because you have to do that every attack.

There' also [>#ThreeRoundBurst] Put this on a sub attack to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 3 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1. Shorthand for this effect is [#3RB].

[>#ThreeRoundBurst, >#DoubleTap] Put on a sub attack to give +2 shooting, +2 damage, and decrease ammo by 6 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1.

And, if you have a laser assault rifle or laser gattling:
[>#3RB, >#DoubleTap, >Ignore #Recoil]

P.S.
I don't know what I'm thinking sometimes myself. I doubt a telepathic PC could help. I would probably crash it regularly.

Jiminimonka
January 4th, 2023, 00:34
Double Tap and Rapid fire are not automatic in that it will figure out which weapons it could apply to and apply it. That's more of a choice edge, in that you decide each attack if you want to double tap and rapid fire.
It's automated in that you can add effects to sub attacks to do the work for you.

For a double tap sub attack, add this effect to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 2 each shot.
[>#DoubleTap]

For Rapid Fire, there's not an effect because a regular sub attack handles it. A sub attack with the appropriate number of shots will apply recoil penalties and calculate the ammo expenditure and tell you if you lack enough ammo to make the attack. I find this works better than adjusting the main attack's #attacks because you have to do that every attack.

There' also [>#ThreeRoundBurst] Put this on a sub attack to give +1 shooting, +1 damage, and decrease ammo by 3 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1. Shorthand for this effect is [#3RB].

[>#ThreeRoundBurst, >#DoubleTap] Put on a sub attack to give +2 shooting, +2 damage, and decrease ammo by 6 each shot. Keep the # Attacks set to 1.

And, if you have a laser assault rifle or laser gattling:
[>#3RB, >#DoubleTap, >Ignore #Recoil]

P.S.
I don't know what I'm thinking sometimes myself. I doubt a telepathic PC could help. I would probably crash it regularly.

That was a more complete answer than I could have come up with. Thanks Mike!

tymanthius
January 4th, 2023, 00:39
Thank you very much!

Jiminimonka
January 8th, 2023, 14:09
I just updated all the content with some minor changes, you may need to re-load the modules when they update goes out on Tuesday.

Jiminimonka
January 10th, 2023, 14:44
I just updated all the content with some minor changes, you may need to re-load the modules when they update goes out on Tuesday.

There may also be some broken links which I am working on fixing ASAP. This will affect PCs and NPCs and your campaigns. Once I have fixed the modules I will post a "fix it" guide if anyone is having a problem.

Apologies, this will be a one off change and afterwards it will only be Quality of Life and content updates.. like Frameworks auto populating (but you will need to edit the Dog Boy Breed so your PC hasn't got all the perks)

Jiminimonka
January 10th, 2023, 15:38
Update... I spoke with a great and wise SuperTeddy and the changes will be reverted while I come up with a new cunning plan.

Jiminimonka
January 12th, 2023, 22:01
In the next update (probably this Tuesday) the names and category will all change to "Savage Rifts®" - the extension load section has been updated - it shows everything, even Atlantis and the Demon Seas which I am still working on but should have sent up to QA soon.

Corruption added to the extension for one of the new Frameworks that is in QA right now.

Locotomo
January 21st, 2023, 13:40
The automation of the Juicer framework didn't happen yet right?
Any news about the modules that are still in review since the beginning of january?

Jiminimonka
January 21st, 2023, 13:55
Any news about the modules that are still in review since the beginning of january?

You mean Frameworks in general? Not yet.

The Garnet Town Gambit is out of Tuesday and the rest will be along shortly. :)

Jiminimonka
January 24th, 2023, 16:02
The Garnet Town Gambit - a beginners Rifts adventure is out today on the store.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11203RE

esmdev
January 24th, 2023, 17:19

If everything passes QA it can be anywhere from 3-4 weeks from developer delivery to the store. If there is something amiss in the package that QA finds, then it is sent back to the developer for revision. Then it starts QA again (I assume abridged to the fixes, but I don't know for certain). Then if it passes the product has to be packed and, in many cases, encrypted and whatever else they do to get it ready for the store. Then we get to see it.

In my experience when a developer says they've sent it to Smiteworks that is when you enter a state of peaceful meditation knowing that it will be an extended period before you see it in the store.

Jiminimonka
January 24th, 2023, 17:22
If everything passes QA it can be anywhere from 3-4 weeks from developer delivery to the store. If there is something amiss in the package that QA finds then it is sent back to the developer for revision. Then it starts QA again (I assume abridged to the fixes, but I don't know for certain). Then if it passes the product has to be packed and, in many cases, encrypted and whatever else they do to get it ready for the store. Then we get to see it.

In my experience when a developer says they've sent it to Smiteworks that is when you enter a state of peaceful meditation knowing that it will be an extended period before you see it in the store.

Yeah it takes some time but Smiteworks have been knocking this Rifts out stuff fast and Super Powers Companion was some kinda record from me sending it in and it appearing on the store.

Redemption77
January 28th, 2023, 23:06
I thought Id point out there is a number issue on the hero journey table for training in the Tomorrow Legion Module. The numbers need to be corrected near the bottom of the table.

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2023, 23:28
I thought Id point out there is a number issue on the hero journey table for training in the Tomorrow Legion Module. The numbers need to be corrected near the bottom of the table.

More details please.

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2023, 23:53

A Burn box is now included on the Character Sheet under Derived Stats.

Jiminimonka
January 28th, 2023, 23:59

Starting work on this now - once all the books with all the new Frameworks are released I will start the process of creating a new load of MARS frameworks and patch them all in. Might be a while but it's on my to-do list with auto populate for Frameworks dragged onto the character too.

Jiminimonka
January 29th, 2023, 19:45
How about this folks?

Each Framework has a Parcel for their starting gear (has to be edited where the Framework page says this OR that etc.) and a one-click table that generates a parcel with starting Universal Credits and also how much additional gear and valuables worth (also in Universal Credits value)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56009&stc=1&d=1675021467

Locotomo
January 29th, 2023, 20:45
I like it :)

Redemption77
January 30th, 2023, 07:41

Instead of trying to explain it I'll just post this image. Hope this helps. I imagine its an easy fix but the tables obviously locked so I cant fix it myself.

Jiminimonka
January 30th, 2023, 07:56

Instead of trying to explain it I'll just post this image. Hope this helps. I imagine its an easy fix but the tables obviously locked so I cant fix it myself.

Thanks. I will fix it tonight.

bidders
February 4th, 2023, 10:45
Quote Originally Posted by Redemption77 View Post

More details please.
i think he using an old copy of the book i just downloaded a newer copy and it has the same hero journey as F.G.

Jiminimonka
February 4th, 2023, 11:29
Quote Originally Posted by Redemption77 View Post

i think he using an old copy of the book i just downloaded a newer copy and it has the same hero journey as F.G.
Already explained perfectly. Redemption is not talking about a PDF.

Jiminimonka
February 5th, 2023, 22:14
Atlantis & The Demon Seas introduces a new type of magic, Tattoo Magic - and I am working on making it a new Arcane Background - at the moment it won't auto populate like other ABs do, but I have added it anyway. There are not many powers really, mostly the Tattoos let you use other powers, but having it as an Arcane Background lets players keep track of PPE etc. Tattoos are listed under Cyberware, because they get Strain (also not the same as Cyberware Strain).

I may just push thru and finalise the modules and then come back later and update the Tattoo Magic AB later, but it will work for now with some fiddling about adding the AB manually to characters. NPCs and Plot Point Campaign are all that is left to do for Atlantis now.

Mike Serfass
February 6th, 2023, 17:49
I can help with that. See my post here:
Link AB to AB Edge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69818-Savage-Worlds-v5-4-released&p=677057#post677057)

Jiminimonka
February 8th, 2023, 21:49
I can help with that. See my post here:
Link AB to AB Edge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69818-Savage-Worlds-v5-4-released&p=677057#post677057)

I have fixed Tattoo Magic AB now - and while I was at it I also fixed all the Rifts variations of the default Arcane Backgrounds - this may (when the release goes out) cause some broken links, but at the moment the Rifts AB Edges populate with default SWADE AB.
Since this is a big update it won't be going out for a while - all the starting gear for Frameworks, updating lots of tables to do more automation, still gotta work out how to make Frameworks populate character sheets like Races do.. so might be a while.

Thanks Mike.

Jiminimonka
February 14th, 2023, 18:11
The Tomorrow Legion Field Manual is out now https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11213

J0e S.
February 15th, 2023, 22:02
Old school Rifter here, and I just want to say thanks so much for your efforts on this. I'd help if I could but I don't think my skills are up to the task.

Jiminimonka
February 15th, 2023, 23:28
Old school Rifter here, and I just want to say thanks so much for your efforts on this. I'd help if I could but I don't think my skills are up to the task.

Thanks!

I have just Atlantis to go now (apart from the recent Kickstarter) and then I am going to do a overhaul of everything to help speed character creation.