PDA

View Full Version : How many Demo players can an Ultimate license host?

danman71
August 14th, 2020, 17:54
I am sure this is probably notated somewhere, I just can't find it. Currently running FG Ultimate Classic edition with 4 players using Demo versions. I might be adding 1-2 more players.

Is there any restrictions in the number of Demo Players an Ultimate edition can host?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2020, 18:06
No specific restrictions from the FG side - as many as you like can connect.

But there will be use limits based on your computer hardware, Internet upload speed and use of FG (e.g. how often you share images, etc.). You should be fine with up to 10 or more players - unless you have a very old computer and a very slow Internet connection.

danman71
August 14th, 2020, 19:16
Does switching to Unity improve performance and shift more of the load off the DM's computer and bandwidth?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2020, 19:20
Does switching to Unity improve performance and shift more of the load off the DM's computer and bandwidth?
FGU is 64-bit, whereas FGC is 32-bit, so FGU can make use of more memory. But the performance could be lower than FGC - especially using LOS or larger maps. Bandwidth is based of the size of data you send, and how often you send it - in theory FGU could send more data.