PDA

View Full Version : Cleric level 1 feat?

Honken
August 14th, 2020, 07:33
Hey masters of the pfrpg2.

About every Class in the Core book has a class specific feat at first level, except for Clerics. And everything looks like there should be one.

I did check the errata, but nothing...

/H

Trenloe
August 14th, 2020, 09:01
5 out of the 12 core classes don’t get a generic choice of a class feat at first level - the spell casting classes: bard, cleric, druid, sorcerer and wizard.

And the two spell casters in the APG don't get a class feat at first level either. Basically, having spell casting at first level means you don't get a first level feat like the other non-spell caster classes.

As mentioned below, most get additional feats via a class feature.

Larsenex
August 14th, 2020, 23:31
This ^ . If you pick human you can get a class feat at first level but humans are so blind.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2020, 08:25
If you pick human you can get a class feat at first level...
Not really. Humans get a general feat at 1st level, and only if you select the Versatile Heritage heritage.

kaernunnos
August 15th, 2020, 11:40
Not really. Humans get a general feat at 1st level, and only if you select the Versatile Heritage heritage.

I believe he was referencing the Natural Ambition ancestry feat

Trenloe
August 15th, 2020, 11:42
I believe he was referencing the Natural Ambition ancestry feat
Right you are. My mistake.

EriCordeiro
August 16th, 2020, 01:49
Actually, clerics get a 1st level feat through their first doctrine. Cloistered priest gets Domain Initiate (core rulebook, pg. 119), Warpriest gets Deadly Simplicity (core rulebook, pg. 120).

tcrossbar
August 17th, 2020, 10:23
Casters here a first level feat, it’s just determined by their.. subclass for lack of a better term. For clerics it is their doctrine. =)