PDA

View Full Version : Small "Dungeon Crawl" BST 2100 (GMT +1)

VenomousFiligree
April 28th, 2007, 01:20
Original thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5995).

The Elders of Erinscraig have had enough... cattle slaughtered in the fields... crops burnt... travellers waylaid on the road...

For two full moons the townsmen of Erinscraig have seen a steady increase in the number of attacks on their town. All they know is that the attacks come from the forest, to reek havoc on their community. The Elders can do nothing to appease the townsfolk.

The poster on the wall reads:

WANTED
Folk of stout heart to clear the forest of vermin. Generous rewards paid.

Signed.

Johan Curst

A short Dungeon crawl to try out and get used to FG2

3 to 4 PCs required, (level to be agreed). Time 2100 BST (GMT +1), date to be agreed.

:)
MB

Edit:

Party:

Blue Haven - Human Ranger
melloc - Human Fighter
Gortrok - Human / Hafling Rogue
gracefield - Human Sorcerer

Mellock
April 28th, 2007, 13:30
You there!

I'd like to play. I'm new to it though, and I'd like to learn the game a bit, but I'm flexible. If you don't mind telling me what to do from time to time, just drop me a note.

Blue Haven
April 28th, 2007, 14:55
Eh eh eh at last the circle is complete...How many?? 4 yupiii now let´s set the day :)

Gortrok
April 28th, 2007, 16:15
Any more space for me?

I'm new to FG as well, and I was looking for a group on the east side of GMT.

Let me know!

VenomousFiligree
April 28th, 2007, 20:42
Ok, so the following have expressed an interest:
Blue Haven
meldhor
Phoenix903
Mellock
Gortrok

What level would you all like to start at? What day is best? What character would you like to play?

MB

Gortrok
April 28th, 2007, 21:06
Any day is fine for me, as long as it's towards the afternoon.

Don't mind what level we start at.

My character would either be human or halfling rogue, my typical favourite :)
Either that or a sorcerer or half-orc barbarian, but prefer a human rogue cuz I have a huge past with him already ;)

VenomousFiligree
April 28th, 2007, 21:58
Any day is fine for me, as long as it's towards the afternoon.

The time is always going to be 2100 UK time, which is currentlt GMT +1.

MB

Gortrok
April 28th, 2007, 22:40
Wow, we're gonna start earlier than my group usually does!

Seriously, with my group we start about 23:00 and end bout 6:00 AM ;) This will be a welcome change...

Oh yeah, and to add to my character choice, the human rogue will want to eventually multiclass into assassin, unless you don't want "evil" characters; he'll be Lawful Evil.

Thanks

gracefield
April 29th, 2007, 00:52
Hi
I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds but would love to try this - would you be able to fit me in. I'm on GMT. Preference for a spellcasting character
Cheers
RC

VenomousFiligree
April 29th, 2007, 06:29
Wow, we're gonna start earlier than my group usually does!

Seriously, with my group we start about 23:00 and end bout 6:00 AM ;) This will be a welcome change...

Oh yeah, and to add to my character choice, the human rogue will want to eventually multiclass into assassin, unless you don't want "evil" characters; he'll be Lawful Evil.

Thanks

This is unlikely to be a lengthy camapign, so I doubt you'll advance far enough to become an Assassin! :) Unfortunately my job takes me away from the internet for weeks on end... :(

Now, if you don't mind taking lengthy breaks, there's no reason why we can't continue after my periods away.

Also, this is a Good / Neutral adventuring group so I doubt an Assassin would be welcome!

Hi
I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds but would love to try this - would you be able to fit me in. I'm on GMT. Preference for a spellcasting character
Cheers
RC

Glad to have you along, you'll be the 6th if everyone shows! :) Which I think will be the limit.

MB

gracefield
April 29th, 2007, 09:43
That's great - any idea about days or times? Also, have never done this before. Is that OK? I don't want to be holding the other players up...

RC:)

Mellock
April 29th, 2007, 10:10
For the day:

MurghBpurn, you stated that wednesday would be a good day for you, and that day would work really well for me too. If the others don't mind...

I'm gone thuesday and for the weekend next week unfortunately.

Since this is my first time as well: shall I make a simple fighter character? (I don't really mind which character to play...)

Gortrok
April 29th, 2007, 10:43
Yeah, make a fighter, they're fun and simple :) Just beat the heck out of stuff, and we'll support you, don't worry.

Aw, assassin would've been fun... you big bunch of goody-two-shoes. But fine, I'll just steal from the rich and give to my pocket.. I mean the poor ;)

Mellock
April 29th, 2007, 11:25
Btw: Again due to my newness: I'm inclined to like 1st level characters better.

Gortrok
April 29th, 2007, 13:27
Cool with me, I hardly ever start at 1st level any more :)

Mellock
April 29th, 2007, 14:47
And would wednesday work for you as well?

Blue Haven
April 29th, 2007, 16:20
This is cool :) so we start at level 1 right? My character will be an Human Ranger and of course Wednesday works fine for me :)
Did you created a campaign on the game calendar? it is better this way so we all can see at what time and day we play...
Bye

gracefield
April 29th, 2007, 16:28
Wednesday evening is fine with me too
RC :)

VenomousFiligree
April 29th, 2007, 17:52
OK, Wednesday is good, the session will be nice and slow so not a problem if you're unfamiliar with FG.

So, level 1 characters (group make-up is up to you, make sure it's balanced!!), currently:

Blue Haven - Human Ranger
melloc - Human Fighter
Gortrok - Human / Hafling Rogue
gracefield - Human Sorcerer

MB

gracefield
April 29th, 2007, 18:32
Good stuff MB. Glad to hear that it will be slow. I love this stuff, but have never played it before, so hopefully won't be holding everyone up. What time GMT do we start and how long is the game likely to last?

Cheers
RC :D

Mellock
April 29th, 2007, 18:35
GMT: 2000
BST: 2100 (GMT+1)
CET: 2200 (GMT+2)

(the topic title is a bit of a give-away ;) )

And yes, I'll make an easy human fighter.

VenomousFiligree
April 29th, 2007, 19:49
GMT: 2000
BST: 2100 (GMT+1)
CET: 2200 (GMT+2)

(the topic title is a bit of a give-away ;) )

Thanks for the clarification Mellok! ;) :)

Character creation will be standard point buy in accordance with the DMs Guide page 169. (ie 25 points, all attributes start at 8, 9 = 1 point, 10 = 2, 11 = 3, 12 = 4, 13 = 5, 14 = 6, 15 = 8, 16 = 10, 17 = 13 and 18 = 16)

Starting Gold in accordance with the average values on page 111 of the PHB.

MB

VenomousFiligree
May 1st, 2007, 08:06
Game calendar entry set up here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=164). So get your PCs logged in!

MB

Blue Haven
May 1st, 2007, 13:20
I´m In ;) eh eh eh let´s kill those goblins :D

Gortrok
May 2nd, 2007, 17:53
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been around the last few days..

Been having some family trouble which I'm sure isn't all that interesting to you, but it means I have to be out of the country until next week, although I would still love to RP with you guys.

I've signed up on the calendar so you know and remember that I'm still interested, but I'll only be able to attend starting next week.

I hope this isn't a problem! You guys look like a lot of fun to play with ;)

Thanks,
Gortrok

Greg13
May 8th, 2007, 17:05
Any more room?
Im also new :)
EDIT:
And looking at the calender there isnt nay dates, but wednesdays are cool for me.

VenomousFiligree
May 9th, 2007, 07:07
Any more room?
Im also new :)
EDIT:
And looking at the calender there isnt nay dates, but wednesdays are cool for me.
The calendar function isn't working properly :( , the next session is 10th at 2100 GMT +1. You're more than welcome to join, but please have your character ready for a prompt start! :)

MB

Gortrok
May 9th, 2007, 11:09
What level are we anyways? :S

I've made a level 1 character so far...

Blue Haven
May 9th, 2007, 11:12
MB i have changed the time on the game calendar so take a look ok?
And Gortrok yes we are on level 1 :)

Mellock
May 9th, 2007, 12:40
Hey guys,

Since the game calendar doesn't do anything for me (I just can't see any discussions), just let me know in this thread when the game is.

currently the 10th at 21:00 gmt + 1. is fine for me :)

Greg13
May 9th, 2007, 14:36
Looks like i may be alittle late on thursday. I dont mind just watching if that is ok with you guys, maybe i could controll the odd bad guy.
Because i am really new i really dont want to affect the group at all.
I should be here on the 10th at about 9:30 at the latest.
Thanks
Greg
EDIT: i dont mind even if i cant controll any bad guys, im happy to just watch :P

VenomousFiligree
May 9th, 2007, 17:59
Looks like i may be alittle late on thursday. I dont mind just watching if that is ok with you guys, maybe i could controll the odd bad guy.
Because i am really new i really dont want to affect the group at all.
I should be here on the 10th at about 9:30 at the latest.
Thanks
Greg
EDIT: i dont mind even if i cant controll any bad guys, im happy to just watch :P

Roll up a character and we'll see if a late arrival can be worked into the plot!

MB

Greg13
May 10th, 2007, 12:53
Great i have made him, another human fighter sadly, but there the easiest class to play right? :)
Really looking forward to our game now! I have read almost all the book so I should be ok, but I apologise in advance for being a newbie :P

Cya later!
Greg

Greg13
May 10th, 2007, 23:42
What a great time I had tonight, Just wanted to thank our GM for putting up with me in game!
Okie we had a brief chat about a voice server that can do conference calls, is gizmo ok for everyone?
My email for msn is shasty_mcnasty@hotmail dot com Add me but dont send emails to that address because I dont check them!
Thanks
Greg

VenomousFiligree
May 11th, 2007, 06:58
If you peeps want voice then:

This (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41556#post41556) post is worth looking at.

Gizmo can be found here (https://www.gizmoproject.com/).

MB

Mellock
May 11th, 2007, 12:26
I do think voice would come in handy for ooc banter.

Especially when someone wants to ask a question about when he can or can't do something, or wants anything clarified about the rules. I somethimes thought "I"ll wing it", because otherwise I would have had to type in my question, wait for a reply, perhaps even clarify my question, and by then things would have grinded to a halt.

Also, because one colour text just isn't that different from any other colour text, ooc banter simply becomes "part of the game" a lot easier. Whereas me groaning "oh god, not *another* '1' " just doesn't matter much when using voice for that sort of thing, and text for IC chat.

So I'll install gizmo here. I'm curious to see what'll give.

Greg13
May 11th, 2007, 12:27
Ventrillo is a really good program, I have hardly ever had any lag over it like I have with other games.
Greg
Whoops same post :S I just copied the link last night before I went to bed, err never mind this post! lol

Greg13
May 12th, 2007, 04:16
Just wondering when were going to play again :)
Greg

Gortrok
May 12th, 2007, 12:12
Look at the calendar entry for this group "The Goblin Menace"

We discuss when the sessions are there :)

VenomousFiligree
May 12th, 2007, 12:36
As I think I've mentioned previously, I have long periods away from the Internet. My next period away is going to be end of May to mid July. We should have this dungeon finished by then. If you want to continue on something else when I get back let me know. I am however going to be converting to the Savage Worlds ruleset when it gets released for FG2 (hopefully by the time I get back!)

MB

Greg13
May 12th, 2007, 18:19
Hey all just wondering are we all going tohave ventrillo installed for the next game? And if so are we going to use it just for /ooc or for the whole game? Just I have been reading the post linked here inthe forum and different peple have different veiws on it.
Greg

VenomousFiligree
May 12th, 2007, 19:22
If we're going to use any form of voice then it's all of us or none of us. So let me know what you all think!

MB

Mellock
May 13th, 2007, 13:56
I'm in favour of voice. Well, actually I'm in favour of using it as a means to seperate ooc from ic and speed up play.

One of us is on dial-up, and one of us is already having connection issues as it is, if I'm not mistaken. Also: if we use Ventrilo, what about the server? I've only used Skype before, so I'll leave the voice to the more knowledgable.

Greg13
May 13th, 2007, 14:32
Im up for voice, im not sure about dial up on ventrillo tho, we need to test it before our game. There is a server on another thread that we can use if anyone wants to meet up to check it out ill meet you and helpyou set it up, im no expert on it but I do use it for warcraft with my guild so I know the basics and can help!
If we all download it before the game starts it wont eat into our game time.
Greg

Mellock
May 13th, 2007, 14:42
Greg, I'm going to send you a pm with a few contact details. I tried adding that e-mail address of yours on gizmo, and that didn't do much.

What's the difference between a conference call on gizmo or a client-server model with ventrilo really? On a conference call, someone has to serve it as well, no?

Greg13
May 13th, 2007, 17:00
Ok me and Mell have been on the ventrillo server, it should be ok for those of us on dial-up connction and is quite easy to use if everyone can have it for the stat of the next game? Can be found here
https://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Greg

VenomousFiligree
May 15th, 2007, 19:41
Ok me and Mell have been on the ventrillo server, it should be ok for those of us on dial-up connction and is quite easy to use if everyone can have it for the stat of the next game? Can be found here
https://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Greg

I think we'll give it a miss for the next session, as not everyone's replied to say they'll have it

MB

VenomousFiligree
May 16th, 2007, 15:33
Really enjoyed DMing you guys last night, had quite a few chuckles!!

:D
MB

Gortrok
May 16th, 2007, 18:36
Hehe, glad you enjoyed it, cuz we enjoy it too! It's a fun group :)

I'm not so much in favour of voice, tbh... unless someone suddenly develops arthritis, we're all competent typists. Voice will make it harder to distinguish between OOC and IC chat.

E.g.: "Man, that Torin is dumb!" meaning it to be OOC
"What?! How dare you!" thinking it was IC

This happens even with my friends when we RP, so imagine it when we can't see each other's facial expressions to see if they're being serious or not. At least with chat the green is obviously OOC.

Just my opinion. If you all wanna go voice, I won't have a problem with it, I'd just rather not, that's all :)

Greg13
May 17th, 2007, 00:21
Ok its always there to fall back on!
The other night was really fun, im begining to get a feel for my character now aswell :)

gracefield
May 18th, 2007, 14:05
Sorry, didn't realise this thread was still live. sorry, but I'm with Gortrok, I don't really want to do voice. I've done it before on DDO and a bit on WoW - it is quicker than typing, but I just don't feel comfortable with it and nobody ever knows what I'm saying:(

If everyone else wants to do it, then that's OK, but would rather stick with typing...

Really enjoy this group too, BTW. Looking forward to tonight.

Russ (Deidre):)