PDA

View Full Version : New Effects Removes LOS Data

TJL
August 14th, 2020, 00:44
I have observed that every time an effect is added or removed from a character, the character loses all LOS data until the token is selected again. Even then, the previously viewed area (fog of war) is gone, too.

I did some cursory searching, but couldn't find any conversation about it. Is this a known issue?

Zacchaeus
August 14th, 2020, 01:00
I haven’t seen this. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extension?

Also what ruleset are you using?

Moon Wizard
August 14th, 2020, 01:36
If you have an extension that replaces tokens, then LoS/FoW data will be lost.

JPG

TJL
August 14th, 2020, 02:32
I have an extension that has that capability, "Critically Awesome Essentials" that provides support for Rob2E's druid changing feature! It's not a function I'm actively using, but it would make sense that it gets triggered even when it doesn't do anything.

Diablobob
August 14th, 2020, 05:40
I have an extension that has that capability, "Critically Awesome Essentials" that provides support for Rob2E's druid changing feature! It's not a function I'm actively using, but it would make sense that it gets triggered even when it doesn't do anything.

The token swapping only occurs when the wildshape is triggered. nothing is touched or done when a normal effect is added or subtracted.

TJL
August 14th, 2020, 13:07
The token swapping only occurs when the wildshape is triggered. nothing is touched or done when a normal effect is added or subtracted.

It's the only extension the DM had installed, and behavior it is capable of fits Moon Wizard's suggestion. It wouldn't be the first piece of software with unexpected behavior. In any case, we weren't about to fiddle with it mid-session, but we're definitely going to experiment before game next time we get together.

TJL
August 26th, 2020, 23:56

Forgot to reply after last week's session...

It was definitely ""Critically Awesome Essentials" - removing the extension made the problem go away.

Sorry, Bob... You've got some debugging to do.