PDA

View Full Version : adding images to craft & spacecraft

adzling
August 13th, 2020, 18:14
So I have entered the data for a few custom vehicles into our campaign in the craft and spacecraft sections.

Is there a way to add vehicle images into the same record?

I have the images available in my fantasygrounds campaign in the assets section however there does not seem to be a place to add them to the craft or spacecraft records directly.

Any ideas?

thanks!

bsycamore
August 13th, 2020, 19:31
Under Spacecraft their is a Notes tab. I believe you can drag and drop to that page.. Not sure about vehicles though as it has no notes section.

adzling
August 13th, 2020, 20:16
thanks bsycamore but that does not seem to work.

in fact i cannot edit the notes section i added due to some bug.

see attached console log mbm!

bsycamore
August 13th, 2020, 21:00
I'm not even going to pretend to understand the error. Thats a job for MBM :-)

MadBeardMan
August 13th, 2020, 22:29
Spacecraft have a notes section, I need more info on that error, it appears as if some data is missing.

The notes section allow formatting, ie links/bold/italics etc.

Vehicles have a notes section at the bottom, where again as it's notes, it allows links/bold/italics.

Huzzah,
MBM

bsycamore
August 14th, 2020, 07:18
Yeah, I can add notes and images to Craft as well as Spacecraft.

The Corerule book Craft are locked and their images are not in their notes (ATV for example). The images are in the Images list. Will the Images be added to the notes ?

adzling
August 14th, 2020, 16:24
how are you adding images to spacecraft and craft byscamore?

bsycamore
August 14th, 2020, 16:41
I am dragging the TAS Icon (Circled) to the two places show with Arrows.

bsycamore
August 14th, 2020, 16:47
Happy to show you. I'm on Discord. More than happy to share my desktop and walk you through it.

adzling
August 14th, 2020, 18:00
thanks that worked for crafts, not working for spacecraft for me but that's likely related to the error i am encountering where i cannot edit the notes field of the spacecraft i created.

gotta say FGU's interface is rather inobvious and inconsistent, especially around how images are handled and manipulated.

its feels like a GUI from the early aughts where doing the same thing (adding an image) is handled differently across the app for no good reason.

MadBeardMan
August 16th, 2020, 13:25
thanks that worked for crafts, not working for spacecraft for me but that's likely related to the error i am encountering where i cannot edit the notes field of the spacecraft i created.

gotta say FGU's interface is rather inobvious and inconsistent, especially around how images are handled and manipulated.

its feels like a GUI from the early aughts where doing the same thing (adding an image) is handled differently across the app for no good reason.

You need to remember FGU is in beta, so if you find an issue please report it.

Smiteworks are doing something very hard, trying to keep everything working from FGC into FGU and not needing much new training, when it (FGU) honestly needed a fresh interface.

Anyway, we have what we have and I'll be fixing that Spacecraft bug today hopefully, still can't find it but I have an idea.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
August 16th, 2020, 16:35
yeah i get it.

hopefully they will get there sooner than later

btw do you get any $$ for all your efforts on behalf of mongoose publishing?

i mean your pretty much singlehandedly creating a presence for them on FG and i've already spent a significant amount of $$ buying the stuff you've created on fg for traveller.

MadBeardMan
August 16th, 2020, 20:54
yeah i get it.

hopefully they will get there sooner than later

btw do you get any $$ for all your efforts on behalf of mongoose publishing?

i mean your pretty much singlehandedly creating a presence for them on FG and i've already spent a significant amount of $$ buying the stuff you've created on fg for traveller.

Hi Chap,

I do get a small commission, it's not a huge amount per sale and Traveller whilst it's got a good fanbase it's not a huge seller. I do this purely for my own need and well I think others should benefit and I love the fact that people play it and feedback.

Whilst I do all the core ruleset work and the main books, we have Lord Nanoc, he tests everything (and finds all those issues ahead of you) and he's been doing some conversion work as well. BackwardOracle has also been great for things, and Emsdev, two stellar (pun intended) people.

So it's more of a community team.

Not gotten done what I wanted this weekend, we're a family at war atm (two teenage girls) so am only just sitting down and it's 9pm at night here.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
August 16th, 2020, 21:25
appreciate all your efforts MBM & team.

i wouldn't be using FGU if you had not spent the time to bring traveller to it.