PDA

View Full Version : Problem with CoC7 Ruleset

The Wayward Wizard
August 13th, 2020, 15:35
I don't know if anyone else has this problem or noticed. On the character sheet in the Inventory tab there's a place for a vehicle. When attempting to add a vehicle name (Because none are actually programmed into the ruleset) I am given the following script error

Script Error: [string "vehicle"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

Can someone give me insight into this? Also, can we fix this before Unity launches?

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2020, 19:26
This is a bug in the ruleset; and happens in both FGC and FGU. Moving to Call of Cthulhu forum, and notifying ruleset devs.

Regards,
JPG

The Wayward Wizard
August 13th, 2020, 22:45
Thank you very much.

damned
August 13th, 2020, 23:23
Can you describe your steps in detail as I cant seem to replicate.

The Wayward Wizard
August 13th, 2020, 23:34
I launch FGC, load my campaign as usual, and I'll open a character sheet through the character selection. select the Inventory tab from the right hand side of the sheet, click into the "vehicle" field, type one letter, and a white window with the script error pops up.

I entered the letter F and then backspaced to clear it, all just now on a different character than the one I was originally working on. If necessary I can make a video and upload it.

It happens on every character we've made.

damned
August 13th, 2020, 23:41
Maybe my dev build has some updated code. Ill look into it. Meanwhile make the vehicle in teh Vehicles campaign tool and drag into that slot please.

The Wayward Wizard
August 13th, 2020, 23:47
Okie dokie. Thank you.

esmdev
August 14th, 2020, 00:08
Maybe my dev build has some updated code. Ill look into it. Meanwhile make the vehicle in teh Vehicles campaign tool and drag into that slot please.

Maybe test reports on a clean campaign off the live production build? Might help to isolate what end users are seeing. :)

damned
August 18th, 2020, 15:27
Test channel should have a fix for this. If no issues encountered it will move to Live next Tuesday.

esmdev
September 4th, 2020, 03:30
The prostitute and the hooker occupation both have Sleight of hand, where they should have Sleight of Hand. As a result of the hand being in lower case the skill will not flag as occupational.