PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while .....

Sorontar
August 12th, 2020, 19:07
Hiya Folks

UK based gamer here who started using FG many moons ago when the EU folks on the DDO Alpha forums decided to run a virtual campaign in Eberron whilst waiting for DDOs release.

I played a lot back then but life got in the way - looking at exploring VTTs again and much prefer FG to other options I've looked at - the question is do we still have a sizeable UK/EU presence using FG and active on the forums?

Appreciate any help in picking this back up again, I've joined a few Discord Channels etc to help the search.

Sorontar

Trenloe
August 12th, 2020, 19:11
Welcome back to FG!

The majority of users are from North America, but there are also plenty of people outside of that. And people who aren't in the UK/EU are frequently playing at times friendly to this region.

Sorontar
August 12th, 2020, 19:17
Welcome back to FG!

The majority of users are from North America, but there are also plenty of people outside of that. And people who aren't in the UK/EU are frequently playing at times friendly to this region.

Well there's a name I remember :) thanks for the heads up, I'll just have a search around for a bit :)

ruedas
August 12th, 2020, 22:08
Hi Sorontar, I found that for my UK afternoon session I got 3 players from the US and 2 from Eu. it takes a bit longer to get people/find games with a good time, but it also depends when you want to play, and what you want to play of course...

damned
August 13th, 2020, 00:27
Im in AUS and ran a CoC one shot on the weekend.
1 American, 1 Australian, 1 German, 1 Englishman and 1 Russian.
We were supposed to have a Belgian too but he messed up the time conversion.
Plenty of Euro players around.

shezingzh
August 13th, 2020, 02:11
I could run a one shot campaign for those folks overseas if they can play during my time slot. I could run a one shot on Mon, Tue, Wed, or Fri from 7-11pm cst (UTC/GMT -4) or anytime in between. One shots are a single session so even if you could only play for 1 hour 7-8pm cst that would be 4 sessions 1x/week.

If your interested PM me. I am currently running full length campaigns on Sat, Sun, and play on Thu.

monkeyboy_9000
August 13th, 2020, 08:37
There are a few of us about from Blighty :)

damned
August 13th, 2020, 08:44
There are a few of us about from Blighty :)

If Im standing in the wrong place when the wind changes direction I daresay I might even say there could be too many of you!

monkeyboy_9000
August 13th, 2020, 08:53
It always boils down to the cricket doesn't it! ��

ruedas
August 13th, 2020, 09:11
They have that other game too, sort of basketball, football, rugby, all in wrestling, ping pong thing...

jigfresh
August 14th, 2020, 10:05
I'm in Spain and looking for games to join. �� I'm brand new though, so a bit of hand holding may be necessary. Anyhow, I plan on being around for a while.

ruedas
August 14th, 2020, 10:50
My sister lived in Ronda many years ago, Calle Naranja. what time of day do you usually play?

jigfresh
August 14th, 2020, 12:28
Small world ain't it. We've been here 5+ years (before that California). My favorite local florist is on Calle Naranja. :)

Well I haven't played yet (save for a campaign 30 years ago), so I don't have a usual time. However, I'm available a lot. We don't really leave the house, both me and my wife work from home and our daughter is pretty self sufficient these days (as much as a 7yo is capable of).

In UK times: I'm free Sundays & Tuesdays from 4pm to Midnight. Wednesday to Saturday pretty much anytime from 7am to Midnight. I have a meeting on Mondays twice a month, so they are more touch and go.

ruedas
August 14th, 2020, 13:32
My sis ran a hostal there called Hostal Aguilar, you got any game you prefer? My situation is I have one 5E game that has 5 players, they might accept another (Thursdays 3PM) apart from that I am working the Cthulhu ruleset into shape for my Gaslight campaign but that's a work in progress not yet at recruiting stage. As they say in Spain "el mundo es un pañuelo, somos como mocos" or words to that effect. Ronda is staggeringly beautiful!!

jigfresh
August 14th, 2020, 15:58
Yeah, we're super blessed to call this home. We only planned on being here a year, but the powers that be have us here for the foreseeable future. And to be honest, I'd much rather be here than back home at the moment. I'd never heard that saying... that's a funny one.

And I'm easy with game preference. I don't really care what I get into as I don't really know the difference. Plus I'm mainly looking to have a good time in general, be creative, be part of a team, and have some friendly interaction... and I'm pretty sure all that can be found in any game.

Sorontar
August 18th, 2020, 20:22
Well excellent that we have some Euro players even if we're an endangered species :)

Once I sort myself out I'll hopefully be diving in - happy gaming folks ;)