PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.0.5 / d20 build 5)

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 20:34
Version 2.0.5
Fixed an issue allowing tokens dragged onto nonmodifiable records (such as monsters from the reference modules) to be erroneously stored for the duration of the session.
Fixed a bug causing custom dice to be unrollable from the die radials in some cases
Fixed the GM /emote and /story commands
Hot key banks accessible by pressing down the control key displayed all number values as negative, which has been fixed. Note that when you are dragging numbers from such slots, the control key should be released before dropping unless the normal control key negation is intended.
Fixed a bug causing problems when attaching thumbnail files to exported modules
Added the script functions isReadOnly and setReadOnly to numbercontrol objectsd20 ruleset build 5
Made the AC temporary modifier display on the main mini sheet
Removed the bubble from the initiative total on the main page of the character sheet to make it fit better with the temporary modifier convention
Restoring the combat tracker now updates the token underlays according to space/reach settings
Ability damage can now go into negative values to account for ability boosts
Added a field for spell save DC on the character sheet's spells page. The DC can be set per level separately for each class.
Fixed the NPC attack field parsing to accept multiword attack types such as "ranged touch", and special damage types such as "1d6 plus poison", which will cause the 1d6 to be picked up
Module d20 Monsters: Several fixes to monster attack and full attack fields, improving the parsing of attack and damage rolls
Module d20 Spells: Added some missing short descriptions to spells
The combat tracker now displays armor class and save bonuses for player characters. As these fields are the results of calculations, they are read only on the combat tracker.
Added empty value description strings to the critical range and multiplier fields on the character sheet
Removed some redundant elements from the die roll description string when using the modifier stackUpdated ruleset files

base.xml
charsheet_combat.xml
charsheet_main.xml
charsheet_minisheets.xml
charsheet_spells.xml
charsheet_templates.xml
scripts/chat_chat.xml
scripts/combattracker_entry.lua
scripts/combattracker.lua
scripts/modifierstack_modifier.lua
scripts/npcattackfield.lua
utility_combattracker.xml

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 21:41
Nice!

About: Hot key banks accessible by pressing down the control key displayed all number values as negative, which has been fixed. Note that when you are dragging numbers from such slots, the control key should be released before dropping unless the normal control key negation is intended.

This seems to work when you drag out but if you do cntrl-hotkey (cntrl-f6 for example) or cntrl and left click it is still a problem.

The problem is that when you drop the number IN it is neg because you are holding the cntr key down.

It works fine in FG1. I think the sign is reversed when you drop it into a quick slot.

rv

Dachannien
April 27th, 2007, 21:56
Thanks much for the fixes, especially for carrying AC and saves over to the combat tracker :)

By the way, since documentation is an upcoming feature, I'd like to make a suggestion. You should include in the documentation how to write the "attack" and "full attack" fields in MM entries and Personality entries so that they will parse correctly. It would've come in handy on that dragon we had in our campaign earlier this week, with his five attacks, but I didn't even know that FG would attempt to parse those lines until it came back with an error message because I did it wrong. :o

Oberoten
April 27th, 2007, 22:00
FLY + Ointment time...

/w /whisper command doesn't behave as intended (I assume)
Players whispering to GM is shown only as Node-Number, GM whispering is shown with no name whatsoever.

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 22:12
"Shoo fly, don't bother me!"

:)

rv

Griogre
April 27th, 2007, 22:17
Where is that fly swatter? LOL, j/k. Good catches. Does Player to Player whispering work in FG2?

Whew, the Smiteworks guys have been busy. :) Good to see they got that Holy Smite fixed. :D

Sir Bayard
April 27th, 2007, 22:44
Fixed an issue allowing tokens dragged onto nonmodifiable records (such as monsters from the reference modules) to be erroneously stored for the duration of the session.Hmm. Now, I can't even drag a token onto a monster sheet from the d20 Monsters (i.e. an ogre). I can only drag it onto personalities that have been created, and it's still not saving that data after I exit the session.

Oh yes, SmiteWorks is doing an awesome job!

Goblin-King
April 28th, 2007, 07:29
The problem is that when you drop the number IN it is neg because you are holding the cntr key down.

It works fine in FG1. I think the sign is reversed when you drop it into a quick slot.

Hmm, this bug actually seems to be in the bit where the number gets transferred to the scripting layer (number hotkeys are handled in Lua). I will have a look at this for the next update.

Goblin-King
April 28th, 2007, 07:33
Hmm. Now, I can't even drag a token onto a monster sheet from the d20 Monsters (i.e. an ogre). I can only drag it onto personalities that have been created, and it's still not saving that data after I exit the session.

The data in the monster book is static, i.e. it can't be edited. That is as intended and the fact you used to be able to drop a token on it for a session was a bug.

I tested the token saving on the personality sheets pretty meticulously while implementing the fix to 2.0.5, and it worked OK. I also went through the code involved carefully because you had reported this issue, but didn't find anything. Does this happen for you for all tokens and all personality entries? Are you using a particular sort of tokens, such as tokens from modules? Are you using custom tokens or the ones that come with d20?

Oberoten
April 28th, 2007, 07:43
Where is that fly swatter? LOL, j/k. Good catches. Does Player to Player whispering work in FG2?

Whew, the Smiteworks guys have been busy. :) Good to see they got that Holy Smite fixed. :D

Yes, it does, but currently it doesn't show WHO whispers to you... only that someone did and the message. Could be ... very confusing. :)

Oberoten
April 28th, 2007, 10:42
More flies... lets say they are for the lemonade this time :

In FG1 you could switch ID's quickly by Shift + Arrow-Keys ... not possible in 2.0. Is this by design or a bug?

Sir Bayard
April 28th, 2007, 16:48
Okay, I had a feeling that was what the fix did.. removed the ability to assign the tokens to the static entries. *sniff* I actually thought that was really really cool, but I can see the reason for needing it to be non-editable Le sigh.

As for the personalities. I tried it in various ways, using lot's of different homemade tokens, grabbing them from various token bags as well as the root token "folder". I found that at first, it saved them when I did one personality. If I tried to assign the same token to two different personalities, it would then only save the token to one of them (which, in reality I would never assign the same token to two personalities, but I was testing for the static entries like, if I wanted to use the same Air Elemental token for all the Air Elementals.. whihc doesn't matter now since I can't assign tokens to them. *sniff*)

Then I assigned a different token to each personality, and it didn't save any of them after I exited and logged back in. Since then, I haven't gotten it to save a single token yet. I haven't tested with the Fantasy Grounds included Tokens, because I only use those in a pinch if I don't have a token for something pre-made. Usually I make a token for my personalities ahead of time, and would thus assign them.

Is this feature working for other people? That way I know whether I might just be messing it up or not.

Goblin-King
April 29th, 2007, 13:20
More flies... lets say they are for the lemonade this time :

In FG1 you could switch ID's quickly by Shift + Arrow-Keys ... not possible in 2.0. Is this by design or a bug?

This is due to the fact that the GM ids are handled in script, and there is no interface for handling hot keys in the script yet. This is on our short list of things to add after the dust settles.