PDA

View Full Version : Achievements/Cards in Steam?

srbongo
August 11th, 2020, 15:16
This is likely quite low on everyone's list of desires, but I'm nonetheless curious: are there any plans to introduce Achievements or Trading Cards to either FGC or FGU on Steam?

bmos
August 11th, 2020, 16:20
Trading cards would be pretty easy but achievements would likely be a massive undertaking since things in different rulesets work so differently.

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2020, 16:25
Also FG doesn't run through Steam so I doubt that achievements could even be logged. But then I have no idea how achievements are done anyway.

bmos
August 11th, 2020, 16:31
Also FG doesn't run through Steam so I doubt that achievements could even be logged. But then I have no idea how achievements are done anyway.Plenty of steam apps have launchers and can be opened without steam running, so I'm sure that isn't much of a hurdle as long as the launcher was launched through Steam (EDIT:same as the hour tracking). I am pretty sure it's part of SteamWorks' API which is likely not implemented by SmiteWorks since they are just using Steam for sales and the installer download rather than full content delivery.

srbongo
August 11th, 2020, 17:35
Also FG doesn't run through Steam so I doubt that achievements could even be logged. But then I have no idea how achievements are done anyway.

Yeah, now that I think of it; hours are the only thing that I see tracked in Steam, and I've noticed even that is finicky.

Granamere
August 11th, 2020, 17:56
I think time played and amount and type of purchases through steam would be about all you could track.

Honken
August 14th, 2020, 07:53
Just an idea for achievements, not that i care for it. "Active hours" per year. 500 hours, 1000 hours = "Nerd", 10000 hours = "GM". Or somesuch. (the numbers here are just me spitballing).

/H