PDA

View Full Version : activating hidden NPCs

Milmoor
August 11th, 2020, 10:32
Next actor skips the hidden NPC's. Usually a good thing, but how do you activate such a hidden NPC? The PC takes it's turn, the hidden NPC is who is next in line is skipped, because it's hidden. But what if this NPC is supposed to act? If I make it visible first the player will react to it, which isn't my intention. How to solve this? I now either announce to wait before clicking next action, or do some fiddling with initiative so the NPC is the next actor. Is there a previous actor button, or an "stop skipping this NPC option"? Something else?

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2020, 10:44
Yes, there is an option to skip hidden actors which can be on or off. It sounds like you currently have it on so go into options and switch it off.

damned
August 11th, 2020, 12:32
Just act when you are ready to.
Dont worry about what the tracker says.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2020, 16:45
The option affects all NPCs. If that's not what you want, after the player is done, go ahead and reveal the NPC and then change the current action by clicking or dragging the indicator. If the next character is fast on acting, just tell them to wait.

Milmoor
August 11th, 2020, 17:48
The option affects all NPCs. If that's not what you want, after the player is done, go ahead and reveal the NPC and then change the current action by clicking or dragging the indicator. If the next character is fast on acting, just tell them to wait.
The indicator is draggable? Great, that does sound just fine.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2020, 18:56
You can drag the indicator or just click on the dot to set the creature active.