PDA

View Full Version : Too many tokens

BigBadBazz
August 10th, 2020, 09:06
Yesterday I continued a campaign with a pre built adventure Ive been running for a couple of months. Prior to the adventure I added about 50 custom tokens to the map.

During the adventure my players had long delay times loading the map and sometimes were unable to see the map at all

I thought it was due to recent upgrades, but could it be the no of tokens increasing the size of the map, causing longer download times, that is the probable reason for the problems.

Thoughts please?

Thanks

Zacchaeus
August 10th, 2020, 10:32
Yes, it is possible. I did see a post from someone at one point where a single token was causing an issue. I think, however Moon Wizard tracked that down and fixed the issue. All you can do is test the map without the tokens to see if that solves the issue.

LordEntrails
August 10th, 2020, 17:22
50 tokens on a map in FGU with LOS can have significant performance impacts. Especially if Party Vision is On and many of those tokens are friendly or otherwise part of party vision.

Zacchaeus
August 10th, 2020, 18:28
50 tokens on a map in FGU with LOS can have significant performance impacts. Especially if Party Vision is On and many of those tokens are friendly or otherwise part of party vision.

I was making the assumption that these weren't tokens placed on the map as NPCs but rather things like furniture or other stuff on a separate layer. Whether that should affect anything I don't really know.

LordEntrails
August 10th, 2020, 19:54
If it is FGU related, might wish to look at this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60753-FGU-gets-really-slow-during-combat-(time-to-move-a-token-can-be-gt-5mins)