PDA

View Full Version : W.I.P. Mothership Extension

Ranzarok
August 10th, 2020, 03:54
I've been working on this in my free time for about a week or so, just wanted to share what I have so far.

Character sheet is about 35% complete. The main page will have class and weapon list with damage rolls and anything else players think need to be there. The button icons next to stats and saves is currently working, rolling 1d100 and comparing to the appropriate number. The other tabs will be skills, background and equipment.

Plans are to automate most rolls using Morecore's rolls for Mothership, Ships, and some more graphic changes. I am curious if there might be any interest in it. How many MS players might there be on FG?

https://i.imgur.com/cxygp9y.jpg

Naurthoron
August 10th, 2020, 12:27
Definitely interested, I have bought the RPG and was looking to GM it, all the better if there is an FG ruleset/extension for it.

Valyar
August 14th, 2020, 06:28
Why the slash is forward and not backward? :(

Ranzarok
August 20th, 2020, 06:13
Why the slash is forward and not backward? :(

I'll fix it. :)

mrrockitt
October 22nd, 2020, 23:15
Hi.
Also interested in your work on this excellent game Ranzarok. Hope you are finding time to work on it still :)

Ranzarok
October 23rd, 2020, 00:09
Hi.
Also interested in your work on this excellent game Ranzarok. Hope you are finding time to work on it still :)

Heya, I haven't had any time over the last 2 months to work on it but I still plan on doing more to it. I'll update here when I do. Thanks.

mrrockitt
October 23rd, 2020, 23:27
Thanks Ranzarok.
No prob, life gets in the way often :)

jcgm96
December 15th, 2020, 08:41
Oh my god... I need to play Mothership on FG

Hogwa5h
January 14th, 2021, 00:11
I started working on this, then thought there had to be someone much more more talented working on this. Looking forward to trying the finished product!

hawkwind
February 2nd, 2021, 12:41
Looking forward to seeing this as I have just started getting into the game

Ranzarok
February 24th, 2021, 20:59
2/24/2021 Update:

Just wanted to give a head's up that work on this is continuing for anyone interested in Mothership. There are a few of us now working on this in or spare time. I'm doing the aesthetic things while a much more talented code person is taking care of the hard stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/4RYZRyR.jpg

Naurthoron
February 24th, 2021, 21:39
Looks very nice so far!

Hogwa5h
February 24th, 2021, 23:48
Gorgeous. can, not, wait.

CapitanAndyman
March 21st, 2021, 19:41
Great stuff! Just found Mothership and I'm excited to give this extension a spin!

VitalHeat
March 26th, 2021, 00:54
This is looking great, really excited to see how this turns out. Subbing to this thread. Any word on the timeline for when this might be rolling out?

Ranzarok
March 26th, 2021, 02:50
Thanks, no set time yet. Will update this thread when there is more news.

VitalHeat
March 26th, 2021, 03:17
Thanks, no set time yet. Will update this thread when there is more news.

Awesome, thanks for all your work!

Ranzarok
March 26th, 2021, 03:23
Cool...just want to be clear, I am only doing the art for this, there is another talented person doing all of the hard work (functionality). :)

damned
March 27th, 2021, 04:26
Cool...just want to be clear, I am only doing the art for this, there is another talented person doing all of the hard work (functionality). :)

Shut up and take the wraps!

mrrockitt
April 10th, 2021, 14:23
Looking good. Well done to all involved!

gunsnammo
June 6th, 2021, 04:01
Hello. Is this still being actively worked on? It looks great so far!

Ranzarok
June 6th, 2021, 08:13
I believe so. I do a bit of art for it, but the person doing the actual code work for it has been busy with real life stuff.

dpezet
November 9th, 2021, 04:06
Mothership has been getting a lot of attention lately due to their Kickstarter campaign. Is work still being done on the Mothership RPG ruleset for FGU, or has it stalled?

vegaserik
November 12th, 2021, 07:35
I believe Rulesets for the People are doing it next after a d6 ruleset. They put their stuff up on the Forge and release them for free. They've done the Old School Essentials ruleset and a Gamma World one.

https://www.patreon.com/rulesetsforthepeople/posts

Ranzarok
November 14th, 2021, 01:39
Mothership has been getting a lot of attention lately due to their Kickstarter campaign. Is work still being done on the Mothership RPG ruleset for FGU, or has it stalled?

It was put on hold for a bit since the person doing the heavy lifting (the code work) was busy with RL stuff. I have been in contact with him and it appears the interest is still there, just need to find the time to finish the work needed.
As soon as I know more, I will post in here.

Ranzarok
November 24th, 2021, 06:45
Still a WIP :)

https://i.imgur.com/SBfPpM2.jpg

bayne7400
November 24th, 2021, 15:23
That looks good. I really like that chat font.

johniba
November 25th, 2021, 02:47
I am very new to mothership. Found about it because of the recent kickstarter, and I am super curious to play.
This ruleset is looking fantastic, I really hope it gets released not too far in the future :)

damned
November 25th, 2021, 03:02
I am very new to mothership. Found about it because of the recent kickstarter, and I am super curious to play.
This ruleset is looking fantastic, I really hope it gets released not too far in the future :)

Every game system needs a johniba - you sir are a machine with Star Wars.

johniba
November 25th, 2021, 13:11
Every game system needs a johniba - you sir are a machine with Star Wars.

OH wow, thank you... i dont know what to say

Ranzarok
February 17th, 2022, 22:28
crleon still working it. He sent me a new, revamped build for classic and I was able to get the graphics incorporated...close to having something worth sharing.

https://i.imgur.com/pSkvUzM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ifP5YAI.png

damned
February 17th, 2022, 22:36
Looking really good guys!

bayne7400
February 18th, 2022, 12:40
crleon still working it. He sent me a new, revamped build for classic and I was able to get the graphics incorporated...close to having something worth sharing

I have a MS stand alone ruleset I would be happy to share with you if you want to pick it apart and use any of it. I was going to publish but the company told me not to. I had included some tables and used the name so I would need to pull it out of it were going to put it on the forge.

Ranzarok
February 21st, 2022, 21:29
I have a MS stand alone ruleset I would be happy to share with you if you want to pick it apart and use any of it. I was going to publish but the company told me not to. I had included some tables and used the name so I would need to pull it out of it were going to put it on the forge.

That might be great. crleonhard is the one doing all of the functionality stuff, I'll steer him to this post. Thanks

Dozenbeer
September 2nd, 2022, 09:00
Looks great! I wonder if this ever came out or is still in the making.

Lo Zeno
September 2nd, 2022, 10:25
Add me to the list of people interested
I have recently gotten into DMing Mothership, and I'm using bayne7400's extension from the Forge, but I'm always looking to try new cool-looking alternatives.

hawkwind
September 2nd, 2022, 17:16
im getting an error from Baynes ruleset 54179

bayne7400
September 2nd, 2022, 18:05
I kind listed it on the forge so the guys doing this thread could have access to it. There is no support thread because this is not something I am going to maintain since the publisher has Zero interest in getting their content on FG. My offer to the publisher was "I will do the work for nothing so we can get your content on the forge for you to sell. I will also maintain the code for free" . They turned me down.

themensch
January 8th, 2023, 22:19
I'm excited to use this when it's ready!

cookesp
July 29th, 2023, 13:34
Yes, completely interested! The interest in Mothership is growing quickly. Thank you for your efforts on this!

demoniodojo
September 4th, 2023, 22:47
I am super interested in this too, and I know at least two other FGU game masters that would jump in the (mother)ship when it comes out. Keep it up!

xjabierx
December 12th, 2023, 12:19
I'm also interested : ), good job guys... it looks great!

deer_buster
December 12th, 2023, 18:53
I'll fix it. :)

Would be more correct if it was like this

C:\>