PDA

View Full Version : Updater problems (no packages found)

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 07:49
If, when running the updater, you only see two lines:
Getting package listing
Done!
This implies that your license key is not correctly registered, or there is a problem on the update server regarding your license. When entering your license, please make sure it is correctly entered, including uppercase characters and dashes.

You can, at this time, confirm your license key by doing the following:
Open the start menu, select run
Enter the command "regedit" and press enter
On the left side of the Registry Editor window navigate to: "My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0"
On the right side, you should see a list of values including one named "LicenseKey".
Check that the value matches your license.
If the value does not match, double click on the value name, and enter your license key with dashes in the "Value data" edit box that appears. Click OK.
Close the Registry Editor.If you need further assistance with the procedure, or if the problem still presists, please contact [email protected] by e-mail, as we will need to check your license details for any possible errors on the update server. Please include the original e-mail address used to purchase the license, if possible.

Monkeyboy
April 27th, 2007, 13:32
that worked just fine. Thank you. Game on!

Matchstick
April 28th, 2007, 01:12
Worked for me too. I was getting my key out of the registry entry for version one, and there was no dashes in it.

Thanks!

gracefield
May 1st, 2007, 19:26
Thanks a lot, you don't often get simple, problem-solving customer service like this from software suppliers. Well done! :D

jdigaetano
May 4th, 2007, 01:09
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

I've got an email in...

Hassan the Assassin
May 29th, 2007, 15:59
Your might want to add this to the solutions. I had the problem described here, and it took me 4 days to figure out what I had done wrong.

If you have this problem and, like me, copied and pasted in your license key, this is likely the source of your troubles.

If you, by accident, got an extra space (" wht5-8ytd..."), when you copied the key, this will not show in regedit. It will still invalidate your key. If you click on the actual registry value, you will get a pop-up where you can see the key, with any leading spaces. Trim those away, and your key will work.

Griogre
May 29th, 2007, 17:59
The other reg entry problem that I have heard is that FG1 did not care if you had dashes or not in your key. FG2 *does* care. It wants them.

darkfell
August 16th, 2007, 20:54
i did an upgrade to FG2 from a previous install. they did get my key
from the first install but did so incorrectly. a space was inadvertently
included which hosed FG2. perhaps an error for mismatched keys would
be needful? feedback to the user is A Good Thing (tm). also, if something
as simple as a space causes a improper hash of a license key, this is also
a good point for user feedback if spaces are found in the keys.

thanks.

~j

Oberoten
August 17th, 2007, 05:29
This is how to fix the license key if you misstyped it...

Start --> Run --> Regedit

Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds

There will be a post called "LicenseKey"
Doubleclick it, correct the key shown to include the dashes and remove spaces.

Close regedit.

Done.

Xenoalex
June 17th, 2009, 19:11
Anything about:
Getting package listing
Error!

Let me know please.

Griogre
June 17th, 2009, 22:03
Have you OKed the updater with your firewall and other security software?

Do you have Vista and did you install as an administrator? If so uninstall as an adminsitrator and re-install without administrative privileges - they stop virtualization - which would mean the updater can't find the files to update. I suppose the same would happen if you run the updater as an administrator.

Xenoalex
June 18th, 2009, 00:05
Have you OKed the updater with your firewall and other security software?

Do you have Vista and did you install as an administrator? If so uninstall as an adminsitrator and re-install without administrative privileges - they stop virtualization - which would mean the updater can't find the files to update. I suppose the same would happen if you run the updater as an administrator.

Nah, I just noticed why I couldnt, the update servers were down for maintenance. I wish there was a message in the updater mentionning it and not only in the news section.
Oh well, all fixed, thanks anyway mate.

Griogre
June 18th, 2009, 06:44
Well, I'm glad it was that easy, anyway. Those type of problems can be really frustrating.

ccassrom
August 7th, 2009, 16:35
Getting the same issue where it runs the Updater instead of the *.exe file. I just opened an account today (full version) and my key is entered without spaces (with dashes). Will not load the game. Sending an email I guess.

Trede
September 3rd, 2009, 01:57
I'm experiencing the "Getting packing listing... Done" problem. I recovered my key from regedit, then uninstalled hoping to reinstall from scratch, and same problem with the added issue that the game won't run at all now though I still get the same updater message, even after I changed FantasyG.exe to FantasyGrounds.exe. Also tried again with a reboot between the uninstall and install. I've disabled my Norton 360 "smart firewall" as well during this, thinking perhaps it's the problem.

I'd like to ask if the installer files can just be on the website already? But if not any help would be much appreciated.

This whole problem started when my husband (who hosts the game) and I found ourselves on v2.4.4 today while a couple of our players had updated to 2.5.1. If we could just get access to the install we'd be playing. My husband and I and another player not local could all connect to the game, but the 2.5.1 players could not.

Altarus
October 5th, 2009, 03:05
I have the same as Trede, updates hardly ever work for any game, like Crossfire or other online games or regualr PC games like Civilization for online play, and I am seeing the same problem here. I have a firewall and I think that the connection is being blocked. I am not the admin of my computer and I can't temporary disable it or allow exceptions. I confronted my room mate about this and he is like if it does not work it does not work.

But when I manually initiate download of the patch like with the Civ Patch and use it's install it works or with Crossfire when I uninstall and reinstall cause they don't manually offer the update. Some other games it gives me problems still like AOE 3 but I think it would be better just to have people download the packets. Or make other versions backwards comparable.

taliom
October 19th, 2009, 03:11
As we were getting our game started today we ran into a problem where all connectivity was lost. I (Host) and 2 others (clients) are unable to connect to any external point with FG2. Initially we were able to connect but a few moments later the game crashed, wich in turn began the connectivity issues. We have tried reinstalling and updating to no avail. We are able to connect locally but no access for external use. Please help.

P.S. The game was working properly up untill October 18th 8pm EDT(Today)

taliom
October 19th, 2009, 20:34
Problem seems to have magicly disappeared. I wonder if there is a limit to how many connections can be active at one time with FG2, it wouldn't make any sense but I can't think of anything else that would disable connectivity on a sunday night(probably the busiest time for gaming) other then software malfunction, but then why would it just go back to working the next day?.