PDA

View Full Version : Mac AirPlay Bogging Down

dustem
August 9th, 2020, 23:00
To add more real estate I AirPlayed to a large TV, but after a while (an hour or two) it bogged down so much my mouse/trackpad (used both) was extremely difficult to move at all. Yet it worked fine when the mouse was moved to the MBP screen. I only had issues anytime the mouse was on the AirPlay screen. It's been a while since I've used Classic in the same way, but I don't recall ever having that issue with Classic. I have a Classic game on Tuesday, so I'll test it, but I wondered if anyone else had run into this issue?

If it matters, I'm using a mid-2014 Retina 13" running 10.14.6 and using the 5E ruleset. The DM was running the official Avernus HB.

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2020, 18:22
Please see this post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60703-My-first-FGU-game&p=533721&viewfull=1#post533721

Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Regards,
JPG

dustem
August 16th, 2020, 15:10
Interesting. I'm currently playing my Sunday game with FGU being AirPlayed to a TV and I've been watching the CPU. CPU reached around the 250% mark for a while before the mouse started going nuts again. I closed out AirPlay, which forces FGU back onto the Mac and while the CPU is still the same, the mouse is working perfectly.

The CPU doesn't seem to shoot up until a LOS map is being used

dustem
August 17th, 2020, 02:20
I just wanted to add that after I turned AirPlay off my CPU did get up to 300%, but I never had any bogging down issues on my MBP. The entire game session today had an LOS map open and my CPU did eventually drop way down for FGU.

So far the only time I have had the bogging down issue was both times when FGU was AirPlayed to my TV.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2020, 08:45
I think we've seen this a total of 3 times on our internal Macs over the last 6 months during testing; and we've never been able to recreate to investigate deeper. It happened when I was testing a new build on Mac last week; but I wasn't in debug mode at that time (since I was specifically testing a Live build). I did verify that it was not a runaway thread creation situation, which was one of our hypotheses. In my test, it happened when just testing player connection and player character selection between Windows and Mac machines.

If anybody using a Mac can provide any information on what triggers this scenario, it would be very useful to us.

Regards,
JPG