PDA

View Full Version : d3 Custom Die?

biomage
April 27th, 2007, 05:19
If you right click the d6 and go to custom die, you can select d3. However, it doesn't seem to have a function. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ged
April 27th, 2007, 06:20
If you right click the d6 and go to custom die, you can select d3. However, it doesn't seem to have a function. Does anyone else have this problem?
Do you mean that no die appears for you if you select d3 or that the die picked up still looks like d6, or are you speaking of difficulties in picking it up in the first place?

To select d3, you have to hold the right mouse button down while navigating in the radial menu and release the button at the d3. Clicking through the menu levels does not seem to work.

The d3 does not appear different from d6 (that's why it is in the submenu of d6), but the results when thorwn into the chat window are divided by 2 and rounded, resulting in the values of d3.

Mellock
April 27th, 2007, 11:05
Lol, it works, but you have to admit that it is tricky :D

When I select a d3 like that and then see the dice, then right click to get some more of those, every die except the first one is always -1

https://suprfile.com/src/1/6zgie4v/nml.JPG

Sigurd
April 27th, 2007, 13:42
Lol, it works, but you have to admit that it is tricky

Hey if you can sculpt a 3 sided die I'm sure they could animate one :D

biomage
April 27th, 2007, 14:01
The d3 does not appear different from d6 (that's why it is in the submenu of d6), but the results when thorwn into the chat window are divided by 2 and rounded, resulting in the values of d3.

After selecting the d3 from the menu, nothing seems to happen. Then, when I throw the d6 it rolls like a normal d6, giving me numbers between 1 and 6, not just between 1 and 3.

Ricboy
April 27th, 2007, 14:19
You right click on the d6 die but without releasing the right button then drag to custom die and drag to d3 the release. The throw the dice...

Mellock
April 27th, 2007, 15:27
Hey if you can sculpt a 3 sided die I'm sure they could animate one :D

That's not what I meant :) I meant that it's an odd way of clicking on something: right-clicking, then right-clicking again while sliding over the icon...

And Lou Zocchi beat me to the sculpting. D3's have been around for a while. :)
https://www.advancinghordes.com/images/gamescience/gms_3703k.jpg

biomage
April 27th, 2007, 18:34
You right click on the d6 die but without releasing the right button then drag to custom die and drag to d3 the release. The throw the dice...

Thanks for the help. I figured it out with practice. It IS very tricky.

biomage
April 28th, 2007, 17:34
The last update seems to have fixed all the problems I was having with the d3.

Great works guys! I love the auto update feature.