PDA

View Full Version : Trouble dragging and dropping numbers from chat

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 04:44
Many times when I tried to grab and drop numbers (for damage) from the chat box to the init tracker I would grab nothing... the hand would be there but no number. If I didn't notice it and tried to drop this in it would '0' out the damage that was there.

Going back and grabbing a 2nd time worked most if not all times.

rv

Carlos
April 29th, 2007, 17:01
I'm using 2.0.5 and I don't see this behaviour. Is your CPU load high when you are doing this?

Just to help out the developers:
1. What version of FG are you using?
2. Tried with the latest version?
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
4. Using a laptop? Which type?

The High Druid
April 29th, 2007, 17:59
I was getting the same behaviour as rich last night, sometimes took two or three attempts to drag the initiative value into the tracker. The players in the group were also complaining that dragging information to the modifier box and chat window was sometimes not working. I think we're all running Windows XP, but other than that no two computers in the group are the same.

Cantstanzya
April 29th, 2007, 18:01
I'm using 2.0.5 and I don't see this behaviour. Is your CPU load high when you are doing this?

Just to help out the developers:
1. What version of FG are you using?
2. Tried with the latest version?
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
4. Using a laptop? Which type?Carlos, seeing as how FG2 was just released it is assumed that all issues are in regards to the new product, and now that all you have to do is click the update button it would also be a given that everyone that is reporting issues is using the latest version. As far as graphics drivers go, Richville has been one to help many people out on these boards over the last 2+ years, and I don't imagine he would not have his drivers up to date, not to mention his problem does not sound like it is driver related. I understand that you are just trying to pitch in and help but please be aware that this generic post (as I had seen the same response in another post) doesn't seem to serve much purpose. I don't think that your post would offend Richvalle (he's pretty easy going), but let's not go pushing anyones buttons, he could be a ticking timebomb ;)

Carlos
April 29th, 2007, 19:30
Cantstanzya,

Thanks for the post! :-)

I only wanted to remind people to keep their systems, and patchs up to date. I also wanted to try reproducing reported problems, espeically when the person had received "0" replies.

I have been reading reading the boards for 2+ years, but only recently have I gotten back some free time to start helping.

Do you have any recommendations for helping?

richvalle
April 29th, 2007, 20:53
Hehe... BOOM!!!

I was runnng the latest patch at the time. Didn't notice the cpu... It was easily repeatable though... the first time almost always failed but the 2nd time would usually work. I could tell if it worked or not by seeing if there was a number grabbed when I started moving towards the init tracker.

BOOM!

:)

No laptop.. Dell pc. I also didn't think it was acting like a graphics issue. Not 100% I'm up to date on the drivers but should be pretty close as I bought a new card a few months ago.

Thanks for the questions and help. :)

rv