PDA

View Full Version : Losing the Modifer (As DM)

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 04:38
Most the times when I'm doing an attack or damage I just roll up in the mod box to get the number I want and then roll the die. About 95% of the time I was losing the modifire on the roll... the mod box would change to 0 but it would not show up on the roll in the chat box.

rv

Griogre
April 27th, 2007, 07:23
If you are throwing a die from a monster entry I noticed it does not pick the mod box which is a shame, but I think those are functionally like /die codes and not effected by the mod box.

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 08:04
I'm having trouble replicating this issue. The modifier is getting applied to regular rolls, full attacks from the character sheet, monster attacks from NPC sheets, monster damage and /die rolls.

Can you give a step by step to replicate this or is it somehow random?

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 11:56
I had some ghouls attacking the party. Their + to attack was 7. I put the mouse into the Modify box and roll up till I get a +7. At this time the box would usually change from Modify to ...something else. Adjusting I think? I roll the die and the die result would show up in the chat window but not the modifer which would go back to 0.

I had 5 players connected at the time. I'm trying it now with 0 and its not happening. I'm not getting the box to change to 'Adjusting' either.

rv

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 12:10
After some testing... I can get the box to say Adjusting if I click in the box first. When I do that, about half the time I don't get the number rolled onto the chat box.

I've also started up FGII 4 more times and connected as clients.

I didn't think I was clicking into the box last night... maybe I was not not thinking about it.

rv

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 12:20
Ok, this happens if you have the keyboard focus in there. I changed it so that you can't mouse wheel while editing with the keyboard.