PDA

View Full Version : LFP for a RP HEAVY D&D 5E Sandbox/Homebrew Campaign TEXT

khavi
August 5th, 2020, 22:48
SPOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED! THANK YOU!!

FG License: DM has Ultimate license so players only need free Demo
Game System: D&D 5th Edition
Adventure: Sandbox/Homebrew (based on character backstories and some of my own ideas)

Time Zone: Pacific Time USA
Day of week and time: Sundays from 10:00am – 3:00pm
Planned start date: Game is currently going
Planned Duration & Frequency: 5 hours minimum weekly (we often go for longer if everyone is available - we usually stop playing when someone has to leave)

Text or Voice: Text - this is a TEXT based game. All character conversations, actions, etc. are posted in FG chat (we also have a Discord RP channel for rping during the week if players want more interaction between their characters outside of game day).
Voice software used: Discord - we use Discord for OOC conversations, or to chat with one another outside of the game during the week. I also use Discord bots to add background music to the game when appropriate.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 85/15 - We are a HEAVY RP group. Sometimes we spend an entire session roleplaying.
Number of Players in game & needed: I currently have two players and would love to have two more players who love to roleplay and are team players join us.
Character starting level & equipment: Characters are currently level 8 - the party consists of a paladin and a sorcerer/warlock + a fighter npc that's been working with them. All classes/races from published materials are allowed but if you're looking to play something really unusual, run it by me so I can work with you to fit the character into the story.

Some of the Variant Rules I use are:
1) I use the Improved Critical Extension so when you role a natural 20, you roll the max on your damage dice (the doubled dice that rolls is not maxed though).

2) I will also be using variant potion rules:
* Drinking a potion yourself is a Bonus Action. Administering a potion to someone else is an Action.
* Rather than d4's, the potions you drink use your hit dice (so a barbarian drinking a potion of healing would heal 2d12+2). If you multiclass, you'd use the hit dice for whichever class you have more levels in.

3) Flanking Rules: Players who use flanking on their enemies gain advantage on their attack rolls. Enemies also benefit from this.

4) Spell Versatility: Whenever you finish a long rest, you can replace one spell you learned from this Spellcasting (or Pact Magic) feature with another spell from the <class> spell list. The new spell must be the same level as the spell you replace.

5) Crit Fumble Tables: I do NOT use these and have no interest in using them.

====

If you're interested in playing, please send me a message!

Brian71
August 6th, 2020, 03:01
Hi I'm interested and replied but apparently FG didnt like my reply.

How heavy is the role play like lots of thes' and thou's or just having fun but in charater?

khavi
August 6th, 2020, 03:06
HI there! :)

Great question! It's just having fun in character - no thou's required0. ;)

Brian71
August 6th, 2020, 03:19
Are you all using Video or just audio?

Also group dynamic super serious or lets have fun and maybe kill something now and then? I just saw this, is a text based game only, or just during the week leading up to game day?

Dhysrupt0r
August 6th, 2020, 05:30
Hello! If you wouldn’t mind, I’d love to play in your game as well - if you still have room. I already have a character concept I’d like to use.