PDA

View Full Version : Skill page

richvalle
April 27th, 2007, 04:34
We thought this was broken till the end of the night when we figured it out (mostly).

There are 2 modes... direct adjust and planned mode. This is actually very nice.

Our suggestion: move that bottom bar at the bottom of the page up a bit and let you change the modes via check boxes like you do on the Spells page. That way its consistant.

BTW, the players REALLY liked the spell page. :)

rv

Illrigger
April 27th, 2007, 16:25
I'd like to tack on to this request that it might be nice to have a Skills minisheet, with search, spot, listen, and your skills that have ranks listed (or maybe a second checkbox for "add to minisheet"?), but with just the skill name and total mod. This would be great for a quick reference sheet and to pull your most often used skill mods over.

Ablefish
April 27th, 2007, 16:30
Rather than just pull the mod over, I'd love to be able to drag the skill over and it becomes a d20 on the cursor so it can be rolled straight from the sheet. This option in the weapons sheet is pretty cool.

Sir Bayard
April 27th, 2007, 17:34
Rather than just pull the mod over, I'd love to be able to drag the skill over and it becomes a d20 on the cursor so it can be rolled straight from the sheet. This option in the weapons sheet is pretty cool.

I second that. The ability to just roll straight from the sheet for weapon attacks and damage (or straight form the shortcut bar for said items) has made me lazy towards skills and initiative. lol Maybe spoiled is a better word than lazy. heh heh

Necron99
April 27th, 2007, 17:39
Joshua has already posted code that will allow you to simply double-click on the skill box and cause the d20, modifiers, and modifier box to roll automatically.

It's so useful that I think it should become a standard feature.

Griogre
April 27th, 2007, 18:20
I agree with Necrom99, double clicking a skill total to roll is very, very, nice. If the developers decide not to make this a standard feature, I will implement Joshua's code once the release cycle slows down.

Ablefish
April 28th, 2007, 07:39
Aw, but double clicking just isn't the same as click dragging and getting a dice to actually roll. :)

joshuha
April 28th, 2007, 13:44
You could modify the code I wrote to use the onDrag event and populate the drag data with a die + a modifier that equals the skill/ability total + a description. It would be a bit more work but not that much more difficult.

The High Druid
April 28th, 2007, 16:59
Hmmm. Wouldn't that clash with / prevent dragging the total into the modifier box?

Dachannien
April 28th, 2007, 20:57
At that point, you wouldn't need to drag the total into the modifier box.

Illrigger
April 29th, 2007, 09:05
At that point, you wouldn't need to drag the total into the modifier box.
You would if you had a temp mod to apply.

joshuha
April 29th, 2007, 15:45
Correct but this wouldnt affect that, you could still add other modifiers into the box and the drag would only turn into a die from skill point totals. Heck, you wouldn't even have to do it from the total. You could arrange it so the text portion of the skill/ability gave you the drag die with accompanying data :)