PDA

View Full Version : Active token selection

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 15:23
Not sure whether this is a ruleset or an FGU issue, so thought I'd ask here first!

Normally when I mouse-over character tokens on the map I get a tooltip displaying the name, plus a translucent grey box behind the token. I can then move the token by dragging. However, when the token is for the active combat tracker character, they have the green inward pointing chevrons overlaid and when I mouse-over I get the name tooltip but ~95% of the time do not get the translucent grey box. I therefore can't move the active character during their turn - instead the drag moves the window. ~5% of the time, I get the grey box but I haven't been able to refine it into a reproducible sequence. The intermittent behaviour makes me think this is bug and not deliberate behaviour. This is using the latest FGU and rulesets throught the normal live channel. Performance has increased a lot with FGU recently so that's not much of an issue for us at the moment.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

TFG

JohnD
August 4th, 2020, 16:41
The grey shading shows reach of the character. Is it possible you don't have a reach distance on the other one?

celestian
August 4th, 2020, 16:53
The circle is the targeted by clicking, the square is there because you're moused over a token and thats the "reach" (which is not a AD&D specific feature) value of the token.

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 16:58
Thanks folks - what about the inability to select/move the active character? I'm almost always unable to select and move the active character, but can mouse-on/mouse-off over the same active token multiple times without changing anything and occasionally it will allow me to do select/move and then only when the "reach" is displayed. What should be the behaviour in this regard?

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 17:10
Here's a recording of the behaviour

https://youtu.be/HCeQNwF0rsc

celestian
August 4th, 2020, 18:45

Thats a FGU bug. It'll happen in 5e and the other rulesets as well.

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 19:12
Thanks celestian - I’ll raise it in the other forum.

pindercarl
August 4th, 2020, 19:28

Looking at the video, I think it is an issue with the widgets on the tokens. Can you disable extensions and see if the error persists? Also, can you point me to the extension you are using for the green chevrons on the active character? Thanks.

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 19:35
Looking at the video, I think it is an issue with the widgets on the tokens. Can you disable extensions and see if the error persists? Also, can you point me to the extension you are using for the green chevrons on the active character? Thanks.

Thanks - I'm not using any extensions other than a decal. I think the green chevrons are part of the standard 2E ruleset that's shipped with FGU?

Turned off decal extension and made no difference. The chevrons are changed when I modify the "Token (GM) -> Token: Initiative Indicator" style in the options panel, but the behaviour is the same regardless of the indicator style.

pindercarl
August 4th, 2020, 19:53
Thanks - I'm not using any extensions other than a decal. I think the green chevrons are part of the standard 2E ruleset that's shipped with FGU?

Turned off decal extension and made no difference. The chevrons are changed when I modify the "Token (GM) -> Token: Initiative Indicator" style in the options panel, but the behaviour is the same regardless of the indicator style.

Thanks. I am able to reproduce using the 2E ruleset.

TheFlyingGribble
August 4th, 2020, 20:00
Excellent! Thanks for checking this out.

celestian
August 5th, 2020, 18:28
Thanks. I am able to reproduce using the 2E ruleset.

I suspect it might be because "setEnabled(false)" on widgets in FGU doesnt exist, though it does in FGC.

TheFlyingGribble
August 11th, 2020, 09:19
An update downloaded last night, and this appeared to have been fixed. Thanks!