PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Classic with FGU errors.

Transbot9
August 3rd, 2020, 21:44
Since last week's update, when I or my players do almost anything in Fantasy Grounds Classic, we keep getting errors popping up in FGC:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:37: attempt to call field 'isClientFGU' (a nil value)

Checked to see if it was just Starfinder - nope, got it in other game types.
Checked to see if it was universal module - nope

I keep FGU and FGC with separate libraries, too, because at one time I didn't and bad things happened...

Moon Wizard
August 3rd, 2020, 22:11
It sounds like some extension is overwriting the UtilityManager script in CoreRPG; which defines that function. Do you get the error in a brand new campaign?

JPG

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2020, 22:18
What version of CoreRPG is being reporting in the chat window when you load a campaign?

Transbot9
August 4th, 2020, 07:50
@Moon Wizard: Did a quick test of a new 5e campaign and a new Starfinder campaign, no extra modules loaded, got the same error

@Trenloe: 3.3.10

Will test again after this week's update drops. If it still does it, I guess my Starfinder campaign will just have to go FGU.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2020, 08:15
@Trenloe: 3.3.10
That's the reason - you need to be on v3.3.11B of CoreRPG.

Do you have a CoreRPG folder in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory? If so, delete it (or rename it if you extracted it for a particular reason) and then load up a FG campaign.

If you don't have a CoreRPG directory then delete CoreRPG.pak and run an update.

Then load up a campaign and see what version you have - if it's v3.3.11B then the FGU errors shouldn't occur.

Transbot9
August 4th, 2020, 22:00
Okay, that fixed it. Thank you!

I think I extracted something at some time to look at something and forgot about it. Also didn't know that Fantasy Grounds treats loose files the same way as modding an Elder Scrolls game. Good to know!