PDA

View Full Version : Steam question

YouWin
August 3rd, 2020, 01:52
I am thinking of getting the Unity version on steam. I know there is currently no ETA for the steam release.
If I get the ultimate edition now outside of steam, when it is released on steam, do I get a redeem code on steam?

LordEntrails
August 3rd, 2020, 02:20
Yes. SmiteWorks sends codes to Steam for activation usually every 4-8 weeks. No idea if that is still the current schedule though.

YouWin
August 3rd, 2020, 09:29
Thanks you for the reply. Then I think I will get it without waiting :)

Pentazer
August 10th, 2020, 17:27
I'm also waiting for this, but not the steam edition. I have FGC Ultimate on Steam but I'm waiting for the company to link steam accounts to their portal so I can get Unity Edition Ultimate with the Classic Ultimate discount. Apparently they'll be linking steam with the store when unity comes out on steam, from what they told me.

What a mess!

LordEntrails
August 10th, 2020, 19:51
I'm also waiting for this, but not the steam edition. I have FGC Ultimate on Steam but I'm waiting for the company to link steam accounts to their portal so I can get Unity Edition Ultimate with the Classic Ultimate discount. Apparently they'll be linking steam with the store when unity comes out on steam, from what they told me.

What a mess!
Contact [email protected], I believe they can give you a refund of the discount amount if you purchase from the FG Store.

Pentazer
August 10th, 2020, 19:55
I did ask them and they said they can't do that, unfortunately.

LordEntrails
August 10th, 2020, 20:00
I did ask them and they said they can't do that, unfortunately.
Ah, thanks for letting us know.

YouWin
September 17th, 2020, 05:41
I saw the steam version for FGU is currently available. But I don't receive anything to redeem it on steam? Anyone else?

Hyperventilator
September 17th, 2020, 06:34
I saw the steam version for FGU is currently available. But I don't receive anything to redeem it on steam? Anyone else?

You have to buy it with money. There's a bundle with Classic+Unity. If you already own Classic on Steam, you get a -40% discount when you buy that bundle.

YouWin
September 17th, 2020, 07:03
You have to buy it with money. There's a bundle with Classic+Unity. If you already own Classic on Steam, you get a -40% discount when you buy that bundle.

Wait what? What about the post below?

Yes. SmiteWorks sends codes to Steam for activation usually every 4-8 weeks. No idea if that is still the current schedule though.

Hyperventilator
September 17th, 2020, 07:42
Wait what? What about the post below?

AFAIK, Steam codes are for people who bought Fantasy Grounds Unity (using money) from the Fantasy Grounds site, so they can activate it on Steam.

YouWin
September 17th, 2020, 08:22
AFAIK, Steam codes are for people who bought Fantasy Grounds Unity (using money) from the Fantasy Grounds site, so they can activate it on Steam.

I bought the ultimate license one month back before it was released on steam. So do I get the steam code or do I need to purchase it again?

Hyperventilator
September 17th, 2020, 10:15
I bought the ultimate license one month back before it was released on steam. So do I get the steam code or do I need to purchase it again?

I'm just a regular user, but I can tell you that I haven't seen or heard about any kind of upgrade program from Classic to Unity where it's free. On a discount, yes.

Trenloe
September 17th, 2020, 10:28
Did you buy FG Unity or FG Classic?

If you bought a FG Unity ultimate license on the FG Store, then follow the directions here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

YouWin
September 17th, 2020, 14:08

If you bought a FG Unity ultimate license on the FG Store, then follow the directions here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

I got it!!! Thank you very much for this reply!

YouWin
September 18th, 2020, 00:49

What about the DLC? Is it possible to claim it in Steam as well?

Moon Wizard
September 18th, 2020, 00:51
No, DLC is either purchased in Steam or purchased in FG web store. The stores have no way to talk to each other, so you should buy all your material on the same store.

Regards,
JPG