PDA

View Full Version : LoS remasking question

SmudgeTheIgnored
August 2nd, 2020, 08:57
I can't find this answered elsewhere. If it has, I apologize.

With LoS, once the group has unmasked some of the map, if I then move them to a new map by dragging their token from the combat tracker, they lose whatever they have unmasked on the other map. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way for it to remember what they have seen to date when changing between maps?

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2020, 09:20
Hi Smudge, welcome to FG.

I believe that once a token has left the map they are on then they will lose all of the LoS data.

Ludd_G
August 2nd, 2020, 12:38
Which, I assume we can all agree, is definitely not the optimal outcome? Hopefully this is something that can/will be addressed in future updates, as losing all the mapping of previously explored maps surely can't be the intended endpoint?

Cheers,

Simon

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2020, 14:29
Which, I assume we can all agree, is definitely not the optimal outcome? Hopefully this is something that can/will be addressed in future updates, as losing all the mapping of previously explored maps surely can't be the intended endpoint?

Cheers,

Simon

I think it probably is. I don't think I've ever had the need to go back to a map that was previously done with; but I suppose that might depend on the adventure. You can still use the mask if you want to preserve where the PCs have been on a map.

LordEntrails
August 2nd, 2020, 19:07
This has been discussed. It may be added at a later date. I believe it is already on the wish list.