PDA

View Full Version : Assets not working in campaign

Elf_Boy
August 1st, 2020, 22:25
When connected to the gm's computer the asset button is not working. I can click it but it doesnt find anything.

If instead I click on the upper left of my 5e character portrait I can access some of the basic ones.

If I load up my 'My Characters' campaign everything works.

Is this a permissions issue with the GM? He is not aware of any settings to change to fix this.

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2020, 00:06
Not exactly sure what you mean by My Characters campaign.

Players cannot access tokens or images from the assets button but can see portraits if they have any on their own machine.

Elf_Boy
August 2nd, 2020, 01:42
Not exactly sure what you mean by My Characters campaign.

Players cannot access tokens or images from the assets button but can see portraits if they have any on their own machine.

I mean a campaign I created called "my characters."

As for the inability to assets I paid for on my own characters, why else would I spend money on them, this seems a poor decision if it is deliberate. It should also be more clearly stated and obvious to players to not spend money on token packs because you cant use them.

I expect there is some inherency in the systems/code or other underlying cause, however - not knowing the basis of this decision makes it hard to understand.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2020, 01:55
Assets are not shared between GM and players, due to the increased latency of transferring and checking all those files to every player client at every session connection. This is partially done in FGC currently; but we actually dissuade it's usage because of the load time and transfer time issues. We will look at some sort of sharing of assets in the future; but it's not in the short term plans.

However, as a player, you should be able to access any tokens or portraits that you have personally purchased; but that is currently a bug in the FGU client that we're planning to fix before release.

Regards,
JPG