PDA

View Full Version : Selective Sharing items

Xargun
August 1st, 2020, 20:56
Other than dragging the object and dropping it on the character's icon in the upper left (when they are logged in) is there a way to assign a handout/image to only a single character?

Xargun

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2020, 21:57
There's nothing built into the current UI to share other than by dropping on the character portrait while they are connected.

Regards,
JPG

esmdev
August 2nd, 2020, 00:58
There's nothing built into the current UI to share other than by dropping on the character portrait while they are connected.

Regards,
JPG

So, no, but yes that way works.

Actually, you could also localhost log in as the player, select the character and drag and drop to portrait. That simulates them being online while they aren't.

backwardoracle
August 2nd, 2020, 12:59
ohh thats a neat trick, :) I approve this message,

Xargun
August 2nd, 2020, 16:47
So, no, but yes that way works.

Actually, you could also localhost log in as the player, select the character and drag and drop to portrait. That simulates them being online while they aren't.

I thought about doing that but wont I have to break the 'ownership' of the character to do it ?

Xargun

esmdev
August 2nd, 2020, 18:34
I thought about doing that but wont I have to break the 'ownership' of the character to do it ?

Xargun

In classic you can simply log in as the player in question from the localhost. I'm not sure if it possible in Unity since the player login system isn't as flexible.