PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player - Thr-Sun 06:00-20:00 Central US - D&D or Pathfinder

Dragonid
August 1st, 2020, 03:47
FG License: Standard paid license. Considering FGUU

Time Zone: Central USA

Days+Time: Fri, Sat or Sun morning through early evening preferred (06:00 to 20:00). Thursday morning through early evening could work for alternating weeks. For game session length I'd favor 2-4 hours, and I'm open to an occasional marathon session. I wake very early for work and usually try to keep that pattern, but could bend it on one of my typical days off

Frequency: Weekly or alternating weekly preferred.

Term: Long term preferred. But I'm open to one-shots or short runs too (they're good "get to know" and contact building)

Communication: Voice is preferred, willing to download whichever standard app is favored. Currently don't have video but would consider it.

Game System Preferred: D&D 3E/3.5, 5E, Pathfinder.

Game System Experience: I have 20 years of in-person tabletop storytelling game experience with the most years logged in D&D 3E/3.5, but I started in AD&D and have a small amount of 4th and 5th -- the majority as DM. I've also played numerous others such as Mage, Deadlands, Star Trek etc. can't remember them all. Boxes and shelves full of hardcover game material and numerous novels from their settings.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to VTT and Fantasy Grounds. When this is no longer the case I would probably pursue DMing as well as playing. I'll be watching plenty of How-To's, reviews, and tinkering in the meantime.

Character Types: Preferences are arcane casters, healers and melee combat classes. Open to just about anything, as well as letting other players pick their favorites and taking "second round" selection to round out or balance parties, or filling a gap left by a former player.

Playstyle: Roughly 50:50 with a slight favor for RP. I favor high fantasy settings like Forgotten Realms and Dark Sun, but I am certainly open to homebrew and patchwork series. I have had feedback from previous DMs that I often ask unexpected questions about their settings that drive development. I'm comfortable developing as much or as little character background as suits the DM.

About Me: In addition to numerous small experimental games, I ran a few long term homebrew games for years and took in whatever playing I could when friends would try their hand behind the screen. Life happened and I found myself separated from my gaming community. After a few years out of tabletop I really miss it, watching other people play on youtube only partially fills that desire, so here I am dipping my toes into VTT. I'm single, no kids, decent connectivity, high end hardware, steady work schedule with a few business trips or vacations a year.

shezingzh
August 1st, 2020, 18:49
I have an opening on Sunday. we play from 7-11pm cst. If your interested It is 5e D&D. The group jsut started Storm Kings Thunder they are level 8. If you are interested pm me and I will fill you in.

We use discord, voice only.

Dragonid
August 1st, 2020, 19:19
Unfortunately I'm up at 2am Mon for work, so that would be a bit late for me on Sun.

Thanks for the consideration though.