PDA

View Full Version : Survivalist double bonus - Rogue Scout

Rbbrbootz
July 31st, 2020, 19:47
Hai again!!!! :D

The feature notes that the proficiency bonus is doubled but it only puts it as proficient. Double proficiency bonus is the equivalent of expertise, right? Should this just add expertise to the feature?

Sorry if this is a duplicate of a known issue.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2020, 21:26
Where do I find this rogue scout? I'm not sure that FG automatically doubles proficiency bonuses if that is what you are after.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2020, 22:01
As Mr Z says, pretty sure FG does not know to double the proficiency bonus for the skill. All you need to do is click the star next to the skill. It will rotate through a few options, one is double stars which gives double proficiency bonus to that skill.

Rbbrbootz
August 1st, 2020, 02:54
Where do I find this rogue scout? I'm not sure that FG automatically doubles proficiency bonuses if that is what you are after.

Rogue Scout is XGtE

OK, so it's not automatic...yet it gives proficiency. I would think that expertise could be automated.

Rbbrbootz
August 1st, 2020, 02:55
As Mr Z says, pretty sure FG does not know to double the proficiency bonus for the skill. All you need to do is click the star next to the skill. It will rotate through a few options, one is double stars which gives double proficiency bonus to that skill.

I already figured that out, and also the half proficiency for JoT for Bards.

LordEntrails
August 1st, 2020, 06:44
I would think that expertise could be automated.
I too am sure it could be. But 100% automation has never been the goal for FG. Too many exceptions and all that, plus diminishing returns. The devs have more higher value things to work on. But, perhaps you could suggest this in the Character Wizard thread. Since they are working on character creation, leveling and automation, it might get rolled into those eforts.

Rbbrbootz
August 1st, 2020, 21:45
I too am sure it could be. But 100% automation has never been the goal for FG. Too many exceptions and all that, plus diminishing returns. The devs have more higher value things to work on. But, perhaps you could suggest this in the Character Wizard thread. Since they are working on character creation, leveling and automation, it might get rolled into those eforts.

Sounds like a great idea, especially as I've run into other issues with it!

Thanks