PDA

View Full Version : Question about 5e Skill Links on Character Sheet

JonStormbringer
July 31st, 2020, 16:42
FGC
5E Ruleset

I entered my own players handbook, manually, into fantasy grounds. Everything works great except when I go to the skills section of the character sheet and try to bring up the skill description link, it posts an unable to open window using wildcard link error. See the enclosed image.

It appears that you cannot edit those links other than to add new skills and I'm kinda surprised it doesn't pull the links from the skills section--where I entered all of the skills from the PHB.

This is mostly a nuisance error for me, but I'd love to be able to fix it so my players can pull up descriptions of the skills right off their character sheets.

Thanks for any help/direction you can give.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2020, 16:47
Hmm, capitalization of the skill names? Or perhaps you need to make the name of your PHB exactly match the name of the official PHB? Not sure.

GavinRuneblade
July 31st, 2020, 18:18
Might be something in the code of the character sheet that points to the SRD?

Though in that case I'm not sure why it doesn't give the "error this module is not open, do you want to open it" message instead of the wildcard one.

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2020, 18:23
It's built into the character sheet that it creates a link that maps to the same structure as the PHB sold in the store.

The code that adds the default skills adds a reference to:
reference.skilldata.Acrobatics@*
which means any module with that path will match.

Regards,
JPG