PDA

View Full Version : Icon for Module Export

sppeterson
April 26th, 2007, 20:45
I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the icon I made to export with the module I'm creating.

I placed the icon in the appropriate campaign folder, then put the icon name, including extension, in the slot on the export screen where it asked for the icon name.

But the module doesn't show up with the thumbnail -- and when I opened the .mod fiel itself I didn't see a thumbnail.png item.

Also, the icon I set was rather large -- 100 pixels wide. Is there a specific size I should use, and should it generally be square?

Thanks.

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 09:13
The file is searched for under the main application data folder, not under the campaign folder. You can store it in the campaign folder as long as you include the folders starting with "campaigns" in the file name.

The image is autoscaled to fit the area where it is displayed. The actual control is 63x63 pixels.

sppeterson
April 27th, 2007, 11:28
I'm still having trouble getting it to work.

I've got an image file named Abysthor.png

I tried putting it in the FG2 Application data folder and just puttting the name in, tried putting it in a sub-folder of the application data called "Holder" and used

Holder/Abysthor.png

as the thumbnail entry.

And also tried putting it in the actual program folder with the executable. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I opened the mods in 7-zip and I'm not seeing the thumbnail.png in any of the ones I'm making.

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 14:06
There was, indeed a bug in this feature. Will be fixed in the next update.

sppeterson
April 27th, 2007, 21:05
Thanks -- just downloaded the 2.05 update and it's working fine now!

JMOxx75
April 29th, 2007, 08:13
Is the method for exporting a module the same as in FGI?

Griogre
April 30th, 2007, 05:49
Mostly. Now /export pops an export module window. It's pretty self explaintory other than where you should actually put the module icons. Which is in the data directory not the program file directory.