PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition Advanced Player's Guide bug/issue reporting thread.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 16:36
As of a few minutes ago, the Pathfinder Second Edition Advanced Player's Guide module has gone live and is available in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2105FG

Lots of new stuff for the players to tinker with!

Please report any issues with the module in this thread. Make sure you're running on at least release 17 of the PFRPG2 ruleset.

Thanks very much and enjoy!

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 16:37
I'm tracking issues with the APG DLC here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-sUjqwDa_4THXAU3qHTm-QyIII5dnYFR1Po_kzHoDV0/edit?usp=sharing (read only access).

And the underlying ruleset here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

phumano
July 31st, 2020, 16:58
Heck Yes! Just picked it up.

thomnoland
July 31st, 2020, 17:11
Big ups to your whole team!

Weissrolf
July 31st, 2020, 19:26
Expensive, but bought nevertheless.

Grivenger
July 31st, 2020, 20:14
That's a great surprise. Awesome to have it so quickly. Great work all involved

Farnaby
July 31st, 2020, 21:12
So freshly purchased and I noticed that when clicking on the module in the library there is a submenu under Classes called Classs.
This opens a blank window with no title and I get an error in the log file. See attached screenshots.

Ibhuk
August 1st, 2020, 00:05
Many of the New Ancestry Feats for the Versatile Heritages don't seem to have the Traits tagged correctly. I can't filter by Aasimar or Tiefling and instead see them if I choose (Empty).

Torg Smith
August 1st, 2020, 14:33
Many of the New Ancestry Feats for the Versatile Heritages don't seem to have the Traits tagged correctly. I can't filter by Aasimar or Tiefling and instead see them if I choose (Empty).

I just wanted to add feedback on this comment. I am not sure I want every Versatile Heritage showing up when I filter by an Ancestry. I would like to suggest having a filter called "Versatile Heritages" to get all of them. This will keep the list for a particular Ancestry manageable as I suspect the number of Versatile Heritages will get quite numerous over the years.

Ibhuk
August 1st, 2020, 16:20
I just wanted to add feedback on this comment. I am not sure I want every Versatile Heritage showing up when I filter by an Ancestry. I would like to suggest having a filter called "Versatile Heritages" to get all of them. This will keep the list for a particular Ancestry manageable as I suspect the number of Versatile Heritages will get quite numerous over the years.

I'm not sure what you mean. Where are you filtering by Ancestries and seeing the Versatile Heritages? Do you mean in the character creation wizard when you pick the heritage? I'm trying to filter feats and I don't think the filter for that should be "Versatile Heritage." The filter I would expect would be by the Traits. So I can pick "Aasimar" to see only Aasimar Feats or "Dhampir" to see only Dhampir Feats.

Torg Smith
August 1st, 2020, 18:30
I'm not sure what you mean. Where are you filtering by Ancestries and seeing the Versatile Heritages? Do you mean in the character creation wizard when you pick the heritage? I'm trying to filter feats and I don't think the filter for that should be "Versatile Heritage." The filter I would expect would be by the Traits. So I can pick "Aasimar" to see only Aasimar Feats or "Dhampir" to see only Dhampir Feats.

Ok, I misunderstood what you were asking for. I can see the advantage of having those traits in there.

I would ask for a better dialog to select the filter trait for the feats. The list is getting kind of long for the combo box. Maybe allow us to type into the text box with suggest append from the list. As the list gets real long, I don't want it to be too cumbersome to find what we want.

icer87
August 1st, 2020, 18:49
I got the physical book and was dying to play but my group hasn't been getting together due to the current situation in the world. Seeing that this was now available on Fantasy Grounds has caused my group to now jump into FG's for the first time. I've never ran anything online but so far I'm pumped!!!!!! Thanks for bringing 2E online for us, makes us feel a bit better about now being at Gen Con right now.

Transbot9
August 2nd, 2020, 18:42
That was quick! *Runs off to buy it*

tedrion
August 3rd, 2020, 02:17
None of the Base Class options are available. Only the new classes are.

For example: Lawful Evil Champions (Tyrants) are not available. Etc.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2020, 08:03
None of the Base Class options are available. Only the new classes are.

For example: Lawful Evil Champions (Tyrants) are not available. Etc.
The evil champions option has to be handled manually at present. Details on how to manually create an evil champion available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60529-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Advanced-Player-s-Guide-bug-issue-reporting-thread&p=641180&viewfull=1#post641180

The other base class options added in the Advanced Player's Guide should be available in a selection window. This requires you to have the most recent version of the Core Rules DLC - assuming you own this, you should have downloaded the latest update when downloading the APG.

For example, when adding a rogue from the Core Rules DLC, you get a selection window with the two new Rogue Rackets and the existing Rogue Rackets from the Core Rules:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38291

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2020, 10:23
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.101 - and fixed in the next release of the ruleset.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2020, 10:23
So freshly purchased and I noticed that when clicking on the module in the library there is a submenu under Classes called Classs.
This opens a blank window with no title and I get an error in the log file. See attached screenshots.
Thanks for reporting. This effects the Core Rules module as well. I'll look to get it fixed in a future release.

StevenP
August 4th, 2020, 22:25
The New Versatile Heritages don't load if you choose the shoony ancestry. Only half elf and half orc show.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2020, 10:04
The New Versatile Heritages don't load if you choose the shoony ancestry. Only half elf and half orc show.
They show for me OK - make sure you have the Advanced Player's Guide module loaded - you'll only see the versatile heritages from loaded modules. It sounds like you had the Core Rules module loaded, but not the APG.

Akirosemora
August 7th, 2020, 15:07
The rare background "Amnesiac" glitches and doesn't allow the player or GM to pick ability boosts. Tried multiple times last night and it just gives an error and you can't proceed on the tracker

Trenloe
August 7th, 2020, 15:19
The rare background "Amnesiac" glitches and doesn't allow the player or GM to pick ability boosts. Tried multiple times last night and it just gives an error and you can't proceed on the tracker
Thanks for reporting.

Rare backgrounds are completely outside of the normal background process. I'm working on getting a fix to allow the tracker to progress.

EDIT: The fix is in the SmiteWork system. I'm hoping it's in time to make the queue for update next week, otherwise it will be the week after.

FateStCloud
August 19th, 2020, 01:42
Heya,

I hope this is the correct place but I sent in a report for a bug with Pathfinder 2.0 character sheets
The section for Weapon Prof. in the combat page of the character sheet is not programmed in.
Because of this every weapon has to be manually edited to add in weapon prof. once added to a character.

The support team messaged back that they are on it but just dropping it here as well just in case.
Also attaching screenshot.

Willot
August 19th, 2020, 01:52
Yep It is known, it will come in a upcoming update.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2020, 11:21
To be clear, this is not a "bug". This is working as intended in the current ruleset, and has nothing to do with the APG.

Some more info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=535042&viewfull=1#post535042

ArmadaDM
September 4th, 2020, 02:08
The Amnesiac background doesn't let you choose any attribute boosts. I'm also not sure how else that might be done.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2020, 08:39
The Amnesiac background doesn't let you choose any attribute boosts. I'm also not sure how else that might be done.
Welcome to the FG forums!

Rare backgrounds are so specific, it's difficult to code for all eventualities.

You can manually add the boosts directly to the ability score using CTRL+Mouse-wheel - the bonus will appear in a bubble. See the "Temporary Modifiers" paragraph in the Number Field section here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688323/Basic+Actions#Number-Fields

ArmadaDM
September 17th, 2020, 19:15

Rare backgrounds are so specific, it's difficult to code for all eventualities.

You can manually add the boosts directly to the ability score using CTRL+Mouse-wheel - the bonus will appear in a bubble. See the "Temporary Modifiers" paragraph in the Number Field section here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688323/Basic+Actions#Number-Fields

Thank you! That's all I needed!

yarnevk
November 26th, 2020, 07:45
Feral Child rare background
"Choose one ability boost. It must be Strength, Dexterity,
or Constitution."

It does not have a free boost, but the tracker asks for free boost.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2020, 09:03
Feral Child rare background
"Choose one ability boost. It must be Strength, Dexterity,
or Constitution."

It does not have a free boost, but the tracker asks for free boost.
Rare backgrounds are outside of the normal rules for backgrounds. They need to be processed manually. I'll look into better ways of handling this in future, but as rare backgrounds are basically a freeform with any possibility, these will never be covered to the same level that common backgrounds are.

For Feral Child click the "X" button to cancel the free boost selection. If you've already done this, click the ability box after "Free Boost" in the chargen tracker to cycle to a blank.

groovetrain
January 8th, 2021, 14:02
Reading through the library, found some odd behavior.

Under the "Classes" entry, there's one that says "Classs." When clicked, it opens a blank window, along with the console showing an error. Attached screenshot of relevant stuff.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2021, 14:17
Reading through the library, found some odd behavior.

Under the "Classes" entry, there's one that says "Classs." When clicked, it opens a blank window, along with the console showing an error. Attached screenshot of relevant stuff.
Thanks for reporting. This was previously reported earlier in this thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60529-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Advanced-Player-s-Guide-bug-issue-reporting-thread&p=531700&highlight=classs#post531700

It took a while to find where the extra entry was being created in the SmiteWorks parsing tools. It's been recently fixed in the last Core Rules update and will be fixed in the next APG update.

In the meantime, use the "Classes" entry as normal.

groovetrain
January 8th, 2021, 14:26
Thanks for reporting. This was previously reported earlier in this thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60529-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Advanced-Player-s-Guide-bug-issue-reporting-thread&p=531700&highlight=classs#post531700

It took a while to find where the extra entry was being created in the SmiteWorks parsing tools. It's been recently fixed in the last Core Rules update and will be fixed in the next APG update.

In the meantime, use the "Classes" entry as normal.

I parsed through the thread to see if it was reported already but missed that one i guess, whoops. Thanks

DaddyNugget
February 3rd, 2021, 16:43
I found that the 'Hold-Scarred Orc' heritage does not currently apply the correct starting hit die. Should be d12 not d10.

The character tracker does not state the automation is applied, but could be nice.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2021, 16:55
I found that the 'Hold-Scarred Orc' heritage does not currently apply the correct starting hit die. Should be d12 not d10.
This will come in a future update. Please only report actually broken things in this thread. Stuff not currently done would be a big list! :)

And, not being pedantic, but... dice aren't used for HP in PF2! ;)

thedukk
February 22nd, 2022, 00:30
Any update on evil champions?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2022, 14:39

Thanks for the reminder. I'll provide an update in the next few weeks.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2022, 14:56
As a follow up - as mentioned earlier in this thread, the data is there and you can handle it manually.

"Evil Champion" is not a new class - it's a cause class feature of champions. The new class feats are all in the APG DLC - and you can create an evil champion with the following steps:

Select the Champion class at step 3 of the character generation process - but don't select a champion cause.
Go to the PC abilities tab and edit the class ability "Champion's cause" - changing The Tenets of Good text to the Tenets of Evil text from the APG - this is found in FG in the Reference Manual under Core Rulebook Classes -> Champion -> Evil Champions.
Manually add a class ability for the Evil Cause selected. Manually add the relevant devotion spell to the Focus Spells section on the Actions tab (already created).
Manually add the relevant champion's reaction.
Continue as normal - the new class feats are available to add to your PC.
When leveling up the following class abilities have some manual changes: 3rd level - Divine Ally, 9th level - Divine Smite, 11th level - Exalt.

The reason why it hasn't been fully implemented is that the changes need additional code in the ruleset and that hasn't been coded yet.

kaernunnos
April 15th, 2022, 08:33
Thread necro, but the official errata for the 2nd printing is now up https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq

Trenloe
April 15th, 2022, 16:30
Thread necro, but the official errata for the 2nd printing is now up https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq
It's in the dev queue...

dsaraujo
April 28th, 2022, 20:19
Shouldn't the subcategory (<subtype>) of Fearsome Rune to be "Weapon Property" instead of "Rune"?

Sorry for all nitpicking with categories, trying to parse the runes is being a big can of worms for me. :D

Trenloe
April 28th, 2022, 20:56
Shouldn't the subcategory (<subtype>) of Fearsome Rune to be "Weapon Property" instead of "Rune"?
Yep, it should be. There's a few more runes in there (weapon and armor property runes) that aren't correctly sub-categorized. Thanks for pointing that out.

esmdev
September 5th, 2022, 21:54
Blistering Invective is missing the 2d6 fire persistent damage.

Trenloe
September 5th, 2022, 22:46
Blistering Invective is missing the 2d6 fire persistent damage.
Thanks for reporting the issue. It's on the list, as part of the future actions updates, to add spell actions to the APG spells. At the moment it's relying on the not so reliable auto parsing of spell descriptions - which doesn't detect persistent damage. I'm afraid that until the actions are hard coded in the APG spells it will have to be manually added in after applying the spell to a PC/NPC.

danman71
November 28th, 2022, 05:25
The Victory Plate and Greater Victory Plate are not coded as armor. The regular version is equivalent to +1 resilient full plate and the greater version is equivalent to +2 resilient full plate. The don't improve your AC when equipped or boost your saves etc.

Trenloe
November 28th, 2022, 12:13
The Victory Plate and Greater Victory Plate are not coded as armor. The regular version is equivalent to +1 resilient full plate and the greater version is equivalent to +2 resilient full plate. The don't improve your AC when equipped or boost your saves etc.
Thanks for reporting this. The update required to fix this will be as part of release 19 - where some treasures will be handled more correctly.

ShapKees
March 15th, 2023, 15:49
Any updates about evil champions?

Trenloe
March 15th, 2023, 16:29
Any updates about evil champions?
It'll be looked at when data in the APG is updated once Release 19 has been fully released. In the meantime, follow the manual process outlined in post #37.

ShapKees
March 17th, 2023, 16:47
Okay! Thank you.

Will Tomorrow
April 19th, 2023, 01:10
Any updates on when we can expect Release 19? I know the evil champion stuff has been reported, but am curious as to if there has been any traction. Thanks!

Trenloe
April 19th, 2023, 11:50
Any updates on when we can expect Release 19? I know the evil champion stuff has been reported, but am curious as to if there has been any traction. Thanks!
Updates on Release 19 are available in the Release 19 information stick thread at the top of this sub-forum. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75312-Pathfinder-2-Release-19-information-thread

Then any updates for Evil Champions will be in the queue, with priority based on need, targeted updates, whether something's broken and doesn't have a work around, etc., etc..

Will Tomorrow
April 19th, 2023, 14:57
Thank you!