PDA

View Full Version : Bought Unity, can't install.

Paxx
July 31st, 2020, 05:29
I bought Unity, went to your instructions and right away the pathway to install was not the same as the instructions. Why make it so difficult ? I should be automatic, no muss no fuss. Please tell me what to do, besides to go jump in a lake.

Sorry guys, I had to uninstall the whole thing. When I first installed Classic awhile ago I accidentally created a path so crazy that Alice couldn't follow that rabbit. It's all up and running great, thanks to everyone here on FG. Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, P.P.s at home. Thanks everyone. Paxx

BaneTBC
July 31st, 2020, 05:32
You'll need to provide some more information for anyone to help you. You have options to install the program in places other then their default (honestly, I don't want anything installed on my C drive, I have other drives\partitions for that). Please post exactly what your problem is, include the paths that you are seeing and what you think they should be and if you can include screenshots, that will help people to assist you as well.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2020, 05:38
The default path for the Windows, and maybe the Mac install changed since the earlier beta. You can just accept the defaults and everything will be fine.

If you would like, you can post a exactly what is out of date in the instructions and where the instructions are from and someone will put it on their to do list to get fixed.

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2020, 06:54
The default file locations are (unless you changed them during an install at some point):

Application folder
C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\

Data folder
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\

Regards,
JPG