PDA

View Full Version : Can't Click Links After Scrolling with 7/30 Update

cevikd
July 30th, 2020, 22:26
After today's FGU update when I have a Story entry that is long enough to have a scroll bar and has links in it, if I scroll at all (either with the mouse-wheel or by dragging the scrollbar) then all links stop working (and the mouse does not change to indicate that links are link when I mouse-over them). If I scroll back up to the top of the entry so that the scrollbar is back at the default position the links begin to work again.

I'm specifically using Storm King's Thunder and I noticed it on the story entry "03.10.05 Othovir's Quest" but I checked several entries around that one and the same thing happens on all of them.

Ruleset: 5e
New Campaign
No Extensions
Windows 10

Steps to reproduce:
1. Find a story entry long enough that it has a scroll bar and also has links.
2. Scroll the scrollbar down.
3. Check to see if the links work.

jrowsey1
July 30th, 2020, 22:44
I can confirm I am having this same issue. If you resize the window so you don't need to scroll then the links work. If you resize a window smaller so that you have to scroll, then the links won't work.

5e ruleset
New Campaign
MacOS 10.15.6
No Extensions

cevikd
July 30th, 2020, 22:55
I'm seeing another strange scroll behavior after the patch as well that may be related. Table formatting is scrolling a different amount than the text. So when you have a table on a page that has a scrollbar and you scroll, the lines that make up the table scroll away from the text. I'm seeing this in Storm King's Thunder 05.02.10 6. Annam's Temple. Here's a screenshot where I've scrolled down and you can see the table formatting has scrolled up off of the actual table text into the paragraph above it.

Same stats as above:

New Campaign
No Extensions
Windows 10

SinisterDeath
July 30th, 2020, 23:50
I'm running into the same issue. Running Descent into Avernus.

Descent into Avernus
No Extensions
Windows 10

Sgt.Rock008
July 31st, 2020, 00:33
I'm having the same issue with links. Also sometime "next page" and "previous page" arrows at the bottom of the window lead to chapter index instead.

Campaign: TYP - The Sunless Citadel
Extensions: TYP decal; WotC Fonts (FR); Wizards Theme
Windows 10

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2020, 07:08
I reverted the build back to the last version. I have a fix for this specific issue queued already; but want to catch a couple of the other ones reported before I re-push.

Thanks for your patience,
JPG

Detroitus
July 31st, 2020, 14:16
Just wanted to confirm the same issue in the SFRPG ruleset as of last night. If you've already addressed it then please disregard. Thanks!

Tuleen Donai
July 31st, 2020, 15:59
Last night, me and a friend were on a test campaign and I couldn't pull dice throws from the Combat Tracker from Enemy nor Friendly NPCs. It acted like I was trying to edit the information there. Weird!

He and I did an update, and noticed the Rollback, and the problem went away.