PDA

View Full Version : Module Help

symmetrian
April 26th, 2007, 16:10
I have tried creating a module for my customized races, but I cannot figure out how to get the book to show up in the reference documentation in game.

I edited the client.xml, definition.xml, and modified the thumbnail file and re-packed it into a .mod file. It's in the modules folder, but I have no idea how to make the program recognize it and load it.

darkivel
April 26th, 2007, 16:38
Is the definition file pointing to the ruleset you are using?

When you re-zipped, did you zip the files themselves (not the folder that contained them)?

Have you checked and re-checked your coding for any errors? One / missing and the module might not show up.

symmetrian
April 26th, 2007, 17:14
Is the definition file pointing to the ruleset you are using?

When you re-zipped, did you zip the files themselves (not the folder that contained them)?

Have you checked and re-checked your coding for any errors? One / missing and the module might not show up.

All of the above, yes. I can get the book to show up in the modules selection screen now, but they don't show at all in th elibrary once selected/opened.

The High Druid
April 26th, 2007, 18:27
I had similar trouble and the only advice I can give without seeing the files is check and recheck it all. Even something as simple as a single improperly closed tag can cause a module to fail. Chances are you have just missed something very small, but it's impossible from this end to tell you what that is. Opening your xml file in IE might give you a better clue where errors lie, if there are any.

symmetrian
April 26th, 2007, 18:42
Yeah, I started from scratch and managed to get it to open properly and everything, so I'm happy.

The only issue I have now is that the thumbnail image I edited doesn't show up in the library, though it does show in the modules selection window. I would think maybe that's because of something in the library.xml files, but since I'm linking this directly to the d20 ruleset I'm not sure what I can do.